Thorax_

Social Media Widgets

I feel that we should have feeds visible on the forum for both Facebook and Twitter.

This will help people easily connect to the social media pages and be encouraged more to interact.

Facebook Widget Code :

[spoiler= Facebook Code][plain]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/page.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fxgrepresent%2F&tabs=timeline&width=350&height=500&small_header=true&adapt_container_width=true&hide_cover=false&show_facepile=true&appId=1785553191764731" width="350" height="500" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>[/plain]

Twitter Widget Code :

[spoiler=Twitter Code]<a class="twitter-timeline" href="[plain]https://twitter.com/xenogamers[/plain]">Tweets by xenogamers</a> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

@Rhododendron @Aegean

Edited by TheSupremePatriot (see edit history)

To what? Something nobody is going to use anyways?

[attach=full]27938[/attach]

>attaches a picture of a minuscule button

I myself find that plenty of us like to use social media (this includes Twitter and Facebook.) But only a certain few people actually see that button at the bottom of the screen; not to mention the tiny button that you attached.

upload_2017-3-11_20-31-12.png.7d131d1f54480c67668e36a980298720.png this is the thing I'm talking about.

I myself find that plenty of us like to use social media (this includes Twitter and Facebook.) But only a certain few people actually see that button at the bottom of the screen; not to mention the tiny button that you attached.

[ATTACH=full]27940[/ATTACH] this is the thing I'm talking about.

Looking through the social media pages they're both pretty dead, as in no one is interacting with them. Just because people use social media doesn't mean they use xG's pages. I'm sure anyone interested would have already followed the fb/twitter page, it's not a big thing people are over looking.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I guarantee you that people little to never click those.

A feed would allow people to SEE what is posted instead of seeing a little button that easily gets overlooked.

I guarantee you that people little to never click those.

A feed would allow people to SEE what is posted instead of seeing a little button that easily gets overlooked.

Hey maybe it's because nobody is interested in interacting with xG's social media? It is right above the shoutbox and clear as day. Maybe a bit small but that's beside the point. xG media has always been dead. Feeds won't change much when people can just interact with teh epik forums.

Edited by MineCrack (see edit history)

How exactly would this encourage people to interact with the social media?

There's no incentive sorry to say.

It would give incentive

Hey maybe it's because nobody is interested in interacting with xG's social media? It is right above the shoutbox and clear as day. Maybe a bit small but that's beside the point. xG media has always been dead. Feeds won't change much when people can just interact with teh epik forums.

Gyazo - b293dc49240e37f1b1e07240c8b12af2.png This is the most recent post on our FB, it's getting worked on and clearly suggesting changes to help increase traffic does not warrant a "something nobody is gonna use anyways". Everything starts somewhere, and you're just being negative for the sake of being negative.

I also want to tack onto this. Most people who browse the forums on a regular basis already know about the posts the social media is trying to throw out. I already see it once on the forums, why should I see it again, but from a social media feed?

Plus adding feeds is just going to cause more clutter to the forums.

I also want to tack onto this. Most people who browse the forums on a regular basis already know about the posts the social media is trying to throw out. I already see it once on the forums, why should I see it again, but from a social media feed?

Plus adding feeds is just going to cause more clutter to the forums.

For your post at the time being adding feeds that don't add anything extra is a valid criticism, I think once we have more posts on our social media + doing giveaways dedicated for the specific social media platform will be a good time to add feeds to the website. I agree with @Tatost on his suggestion for the change of the buttons to be somewhere more visible or to have more clarity at the very least.

It would give incentive

Gyazo - b293dc49240e37f1b1e07240c8b12af2.png This is the most recent post on our FB, it's getting worked on and clearly suggesting changes to help increase traffic does not warrant a "something nobody is gonna use anyways". Everything starts somewhere, and you're just being negative for the sake of being negative.

Yeah look at all the other ones though lmfao.

Also @Aegean maybe you should get over the idea of having a fb/twitter for xG. It's been dead and you won't be able to prove me wrong, all this wishful thinking and saying OH JUST YOU WAIT XD or EVERYTHING STARTS SOMEWHERE is a shitty excuse for dead media.

Edited by MineCrack (see edit history)

Yeah look at all the other ones though lmfao.

Also @Aegean maybe you should get over the idea of having a fb/twitter for xG. It's been dead and you won't be able to prove me wrong, all this wishful thinking and saying OH JUST YOU WAIT XD or EVERYTHING STARTS SOMEWHERE is a shitty excuse for dead media.

@MineCrack I don't care if it's been dead lmao, the whole point of working on it is trying to learn how to increase traffic which comes from experimenting. If we took your way of thinking into account, why bother try anything? You always tend to shut down anything from the start with nothing valuable to add in the process.

@MineCrack I don't care if it's been dead lmao, the whole point of working on it is trying to learn how to increase traffic which comes from experimenting. If we took your way of thinking into account, why bother try anything? You always tend to shut down anything from the start with nothing valuable to add in the process.

How's that going? Oh wait it's still dead. It looks like the experimenting is not working out at all.

My way of thinking? Yeah I tend to shoot down ideas that I don't feel will workout(aka a waste of time). Feel free to prove me wrong on this though, what's one thing that I've put down that actually ended up working out?