Spoopy

New Ghost System In Dr

Keep the new ghost system?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Keep the new ghost system?

And that's were the problem lays.

We are gonna see no problem considering DR staff considering we have yours, nitnat, amy, etc etc staff apps that have only been +1'd.

it certainly will make ghosting more of a pain in the backside to handle since players in ghost can scout ahead to potentially call out traps such as which door is correct, or which platforms are correct, etc.

It might not always be obvious too if 2 friends are playing and telling their friend via steam messages which way to go so they can easily get past traps.

Made a quick video showing how easy it is to discover which door is the correct door.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO74-qSP93g

it certainly will make ghosting more of a pain in the backside to handle since players in ghost can scout ahead to potentially call out traps such as which door is correct, or which platforms are correct, etc.

It might not always be obvious too if 2 friends are playing and telling their friend via steam messages which way to go so they can easily get past traps.

Made a quick video showing how easy it is to discover which door is the correct door.

Actually there is a gravetalk command we can add to the server. I believe it is the same one that blocks dead players chat from living chat in Jailbreak. I don't know the exact command but @Bello set it up when the command replaced the old one. If everyone is fine with it, I think it should be fine to have this sort of thing as it is used to block ghosting and such on Jailbreak, why not on Deathrun?

Actually there is a gravetalk command we can add to the server. I believe it is the same one that blocks dead players chat from living chat in Jailbreak. I don't know the exact command but @Bello set it up when the command replaced the old one. If everyone is fine with it, I think it should be fine to have this sort of thing as it is used to block ghosting and such on Jailbreak, why not on Deathrun?

myself and others like to make jokes and talk when we have died, having this plugin will kill a lot of the fun deathrun offers.

I've spoken to thunder, staff can just mute people if they ghost. However, apparently we do not have much staff that goes on DR so I'll disable it until we have a decent amount of staff to get on.

I've spoken to thunder, staff can just mute people if they ghost. However, apparently we do not have much staff that goes on DR so I'll disable it until we have a decent amount of staff to get on.

Amy, Nit, and me are regulars at dr at we applied for mod so put it back soon :D

After taking some time to watch the system and review it, I've changed my overall negative opinion on the ghost systems usage. This ghost system active right now is significantly better than the previous when it comes to being an eyesore entirely due to live players not seeing the ghosts, so that mostly minor issue is now nonexistent.

I've heard nothing but positive opinions on the ghosts system being present from the players frequenting the server, and if they are enjoying the more interactive experience then that tells me the plugin is doing its job to improve the server. Having the option easily present to disable it individually also really allows the best experience for each individual.

Now the only real issue that still seems to be present is "ghosting", a very real issue as laid out by Amy. Now personally in the last several days of being on the server, I haven't seen this be an actual problem outside of one single situation, and feel like we don't need to worry about it occurring all that often. Regardless, having this enforced by staff seems like the best solution, as out right removing the plugin at this point or making any other drastic changes to try and avoid this would overall take away from the enjoyment for the players. Of course this requires staff to be slightly more observant to try and be sure if someone is indeed ghosting, but there is no reason that should be an issue for them. All that being said, if it's assumed best to keep the plugin off until we have more staff frequenting the server as bello said than by all means. We certainly don't have around the clock staff on the server and I mostly only see either myself or Isabelle playing there for the most part.

In short, I really feel we should keep the plugin running for everyone's enjoyment, but it might be best to keep it disabled until it gets more traffic from our staff. I AM going to be changing my vote from a No to a Yes though (not that it's going to change much).

After taking some time to watch the system and review it, I've changed my overall negative opinion on the ghost systems usage. This ghost system active right now is significantly better than the previous when it comes to being an eyesore entirely due to live players not seeing the ghosts, so that mostly minor issue is now nonexistent.

I've heard nothing but positive opinions on the ghosts system being present from the players frequenting the server, and if they are enjoying the more interactive experience then that tells me the plugin is doing its job to improve the server. Having the option easily present to disable it individually also really allows the best experience for each individual.

Now the only real issue that still seems to be present is "ghosting", a very real issue as laid out by Amy. Now personally in the last several days of being on the server, I haven't seen this be an actual problem outside of one single situation, and feel like we don't need to worry about it occurring all that often. Regardless, having this enforced by staff seems like the best solution, as out right removing the plugin at this point or making any other drastic changes to try and avoid this would overall take away from the enjoyment for the players. Of course this requires staff to be slightly more observant to try and be sure if someone is indeed ghosting, but there is no reason that should be an issue for them. All that being said, if it's assumed best to keep the plugin off until we have more staff frequenting the server as bello said than by all means. We certainly don't have around the clock staff on the server and I mostly only see either myself or Isabelle playing there for the most part.

In short, I really feel we should keep the plugin running for everyone's enjoyment, but it might be best to keep it disabled until it gets more traffic from our staff. I AM going to be changing my vote from a No to a Yes though (not that it's going to change much).

Another problem is all of your settings for the ghost resets after every map change, say you dont wanna be ghost but you need to change it every single map change and if you wanna be in thirdperson you need to change it every single map change. If there is any way to somehow fix that it would be nice.

If there is any way to somehow fix that it would be nice.

Completely forgot about that. No idea how I forgot though since it drives me nuts everytime.

@Bello is there a way to set it permenatly?