Chrono

Ragnarok Online

Game Name: Ragnarok Online

Platform: PC

Time Spent: Years, my first experience on a private server was around 2004

Do you recommend? Yes

What you rate the game: 8

Initial Thoughts:

At first it can be overwhelming and you may not have much of an idea of what to do as it does not have the constant quest systems that WoW does, and may feel more grindy. Has more of a PvP/PvM focus as opposed to a story focus. (there is story if you want it, just not forced down your throat)

Pros:

• Easy to get into/install
  • Fast paced action oriented
  • Looks have held up to the test of time
  • So many different styles you can play

Cons:

• Grindy
  • Gear is hard to come by let alone get upgraded to be "top tier"
  • Economy can surge pricing on items making it hard to get decent gear

Final Thoughts:

It is a fun MMO to pick up and play, depending on how invested you find yourself you could be playing in large scale guild vs guild combat (War of Emperium) to control castles. I highly suggest finding a good private server to play on as the official version of the game itself has several features that hinder free to play players. Good resources for finding a top private server with varying experience/drop rates are voting sites and RateMyServer.Net :: RO Database & Server Reviews personally I play on low rate servers as those are more of the intended feel of playing the game, and have the best/strongest communities. mid-high rate servers have a lot of players that go just to test out new builds because they can get any item without trying.

Some images:

atalonro.com_images_screenshots_talonro_mvp_party.thumb.jpg.c9974e49f84fb208311dfe332b2510bf.jpg

atalonro.com_images_screenshots_ragnarok_online_game.thumb.jpg.492d02d122d9d9b7d992726211718d55.jpg

Currently I play on the server TalonRO.