Chrono

Preferred World

If full dive VR was available similar to the way it is described in Sword Art Online (excluding the dead IRL part) What anime world would you want to partake in?

For Naruto specifically, it would be set during the time of part 1 and early shippuden where there is still conflict between the villages, to create war etc. that you could partake in. as well as any upgrades you get (such as taking a sharingan or byakugan from a dead player would be lost on death.) when you respawn you return at whatever your rank is all the way up to chuunin. so jounin/kage get demoted down to chuunin. all kage etc. are player held roles.

For One Piece, the devil fruit would be like in the story where when you die it goes somewhere random in the world to be eaten again, as for respawn you spawn at the town closest to entrance of grand line in your chosen starting ocean, unless you make it to new world. then you spawn sabaody. marines spawn at marineford always. same as with naruto. admirals, yonkou, schichibukai etc. are all player held.

Please add any stipulations you would want for other worlds.

Personally I would go with naruto because while I like OP dynamic I think for a VR game of that kind naruto would be more entertaining. especially with all the different things you could partake in.

I'd personally go with naruto (mainly part 1[due to the story being far better than half of part 2 and how all the villages were at war with eachother and most missions you'll come across enemies from other villages and it felt more like an actually ninja series than just spamming bijuu bombs & jutsus] 

& 2 [ Mainly cause part 2 had better emotional parts than part 1]

Part 1 is very consistently good. It feels like Kishi really developed the lay of a complex world with a complex storyline, and you could feel that he really had some big plot points laid out early on. 

I'll like to have it where you start out as Academy student and work your way up to genin, chuunin, jounin,special jounin,  anbu, s-class, and kage.

and during the beginning of your journey throughout your ninja journey you get to choose what clan you want to be in and what chakra nature you want. so having picked being an uchiha you get to possessed sharingan which is an kekki genkai and most clans do have their own.

While I do like the earlier parts of one piece and beginning your journey out to sea as you try to aim to be the pirate king or just to find the one piece.

their are even more series i'd like...for insistence Hunter x Hunter, Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, My hero academia.

9 hours ago, Miyukii said:

I'd personally go with naruto (mainly part 1[due to the story being far better than half of part 2 and how all the villages were at war with eachother and most missions you'll come across enemies from other villages and it felt more like an actually ninja series than just spamming bijuu bombs & jutsus] 

& 2 [ Mainly cause part 2 had better emotional parts than part 1]

Part 1 is very consistently good. It feels like Kishi really developed the lay of a complex world with a complex storyline, and you could feel that he really had some big plot points laid out early on. 

I'll like to have it where you start out as Academy student and work your way up to genin, chuunin, jounin,special jounin,  anbu, s-class, and kage.

and during the beginning of your journey throughout your ninja journey you get to choose what clan you want to be in and what chakra nature you want. so having picked being an uchiha you get to possessed sharingan which is an kekki genkai and most clans do have their own.

While I do like the earlier parts of one piece and beginning your journey out to sea as you try to aim to be the pirate king or just to find the one piece.

their are even more series i'd like...for insistence Hunter x Hunter, Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, My hero academia.

basically what i meant for the setting in naruto. as for picking your clan it would seem a little over saturated with edgelord uchiha and sharingan users.

1 hour ago, Chrono said:

basically what i meant for the setting in naruto. as for picking your clan it would seem a little over saturated with edgelord uchiha and sharingan users.

I agree with you, I wouldn't pick an uchiha just giving an example but if I had to choose it'll have to be the Nara clan due to getting shadow release and to be able to manipulate their own shadowers as well as stealing others.

The way you described the one piece world sounds really fun but I wonder who takes the popular characters, such as Zoro and Luffy etc.

6 hours ago, RainyCake said:

The way you described the one piece world sounds really fun but I wonder who takes the popular characters, such as Zoro and Luffy etc.

the whole point of players being the titles of yonkou etc. is that it's basically the world without the majority of the written characters. imo One Piece world the country kings/queens etc. would be NPCs. but there would be no zoro, luffy etc. maybe there is a person who finds the gum gum fruit and chooses to wear a straw hat but that would be a player choice, anyone could wear a straw hat.