Tarin

Tarin

Member Name: Tarin

In-Game Name: [xG:DB] Tarin

What game?: CSS

Member: Yes

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:31397558

Donated: Yes

Other information: Well, I'm active. I'm mature. I know the MOTD really well. I hate freekillers and I think they should be promptly slayed. I'm usually on later at night when mods are scarce. I know the motd well because I get freekilled a lot, so I re-read it constantly.

I don't have a problem speccing the round once I die. It's kinda part of the job. I also don't mind speccing just to do mod stuff. I've done it to demo before.

I was an admin for my last clan, Toronto Darkly, but I never had to do anything because I was mod of the ghost server. I did play with it though, so I am kinda familiar with mod stuffs.

-1 for far too many reasons.

1. He responds INCREDIBLY POORLY to authority, and when he doesn't get his way he throws temper tantrums and spams on admin chat, threatens the moderators with alleged demos and recordings. This sort of behavior is definitely NOT suited for authority positions where the potential for abuse and disrespect is infinitely greater. We have enough problems with outsiders and other clans to have to be worrying about some moderator who is going to threaten us or rat us out because we did something that he doesn't agree with.

2. He is incredibly immature and vengeful. There was some confusion with some orders I gave during Simon Says and he complained to the admin/moderators who decided that I wasn't in error. Regardless, I slayed myself to quell the problems, but I wouldn't bend over backwards for someone who repeatedly flamed me and called me a terrible warden in chat and over microphone. Afterwards, to spite me, he changed all of his +1's on my moderator submission to -1's and claimed that I "Tarp alot"

3. Two-faced and Disingenuous. He went from hating me before I got moderator to hopping on my ♥♥♥♥ after I got it, trying to joke around with me and acting all buddy buddy with me on the server. I'm glad he has the political savvy to try and fraternize with moderators, unfortunately it just comes off as manipulative and VERY shady.

4. He's only been an official member of xG for 2 weeks. Here's his membership application. Tarin

5. I have spoken with many members who agree with me that Tarin is very prone to trolling and anger and overall, causes more grief rather than aiding in our enjoyment. As many votes as he may be able to scrounge together from playing up their internet-friendships, I don't feel that it is either A) sufficient to demonstrate actual Moderator qualities, B) sufficient enough to demonstrate community approval

I will put more if anyone requests it but vouching to give this person mod would be a tremendous lapse in judgement and I feel it is my duty for the good of the server to ensure that he does not receive any position of power, until he makes a complete reworking of his personality and learns to control his temper. Unfortunately, such developments are very rarely carried out and the prospects do not look favorable for his outcome.

It is with knowledge, not age, that comes maturity. We don't need old people, we need smart and logical people who will act without emotion to successfully arbitrate the servers.

NOTE: I do not usually trash on people; the only other person I seriously fought against was neteX. He too had his share of supporters but I recognized that he was getting shoehorned in by people who had limited exposure to him (I myself made the same mistake when I plus1'd Tarin's application when he first joined). It seems like very few people had the insight to recognize how destructive neteX's presence in the clan would be, and ultimately he was Banned. I would like to avoid making the same mistake again, if at all possible.

Thanks Jihad, Penguin!

-1 for a number of reasons.

Remember, gentlemen. It is with knowledge, NOT AGE, that comes maturity. Don't make this mistake.

1. I've never threatened a mod or admin with a demo though (that I remember). Only you, and only before you became mod.

Admin chat is a place to report things, and I do get annoyed when I am ignored, so I do repeat myself. "Temper tantrum" is an incredible hyperbole.

This first point is such a fabrication it saddens me, I expected more from you.

2. Yes, I was pissed. You were incorrect. I had a demo that proved it, but I was too lazy to convert it to an avi. By the time I was off the server I was over being butthurt so i dropped it. The mods didn't agree with you, they just had no proof, they didn't remember.

My -1 on your application was a long time coming. You constantly tarp before the motd allows you, showing a lack of knowledge that prevents you from performing the duties of a mod. I should have elaborated in your thread, I apologise for that.

Since you have gotten mod, I have not seen an abuse of it, though. The community made the correct decision, but I had a right (privilege?) to -1 you.

3. That was a legit compliment. I'm sorry if you cannot accept it. I'm sick of fighting with you, but if you don't want to be cool, then by all means I wont talk to you.

4. There is no time limit on applying for mod, only a post count.

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. I hope in time you come to realise I'm not a bad person and would make a great mod.

Thanks Jihad, Penguin!

1. I've never threatened a mod or admin with a demo though (that I remember). Only you, and only before you became mod.

Admin chat is a place to report things, and I do get annoyed when I am ignored, so I do repeat myself. "Temper tantrum" is an incredible hyperbole.

This first point is such a fabrication it saddens me, I expected more from you.

2. Yes, I was pissed. You were incorrect. I had a demo that proved it, but I was too lazy to convert it to an avi. By the time I was off the server I was over being butthurt so i dropped it. The mods didn't agree with you, they just had no proof, they didn't remember.

My -1 on your application was a long time coming. You constantly tarp before the motd allows you, showing a lack of knowledge that prevents you from performing the duties of a mod. I should have elaborated in your thread, I apologise for that.

Since you have gotten mod, I have not seen an abuse of it, though. The community made the correct decision, but I had a right (privilege?) to -1 you.

3. That was a legit compliment. I'm sorry if you cannot accept it. I'm sick of fighting with you, but if you don't want to be cool, then by all means I wont talk to you.

4. There is no time limit on applying for mod, only a post count.

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. I hope in time you come to realise I'm not a bad person and would make a great mod.

Well first, your 1st part is a lie i have heard you say multiple times to rabid that you have demo of him dissrpesecting and abusing mod. Yet while i was there i heard neither from him only his shitty jokes, no offense <3 much love rabid. And i am -1ing you for the fact that you are quick yo anger which is a very bad thing while having power over others. Such as when i was asked to upload that crappy video you quickly got mad and -1'ed me cause if it and only cause of it you even told me so while in the server. I have no personal problems with you. But that fact you did so i woukd always assume if some1 insulted a youngin while you were mod you would be much harsher on them then others. Or would be less harsh on youngins

. so all in all tl;dr Rage problems -1'ed

Well first, your 1st part is a lie ...

. so all in all tl;dr Rage problems -1'ed

Not a lie, I forgot about Rabid. That situation is resolved, if you didn't notice by the fact he +2'd me. So I do apologise, it slipped my mind. It was long ago. Though, if you recall, I followed through with that...

I didn't get mad and -1 you. I thought your posting the video was a bit immature so I -1'd you and said "not ready yet." Maybe my -1 was hasty, but I still had a right (privilege?) to my opinion.

Ask my "youngin's," I often refuse to back them when they are not right. I don't practice favouritism, simply joviality and camaraderie with the younger players, who are often shunned simply based on age.

I do admit, I do get butthurt when I get freekilled constantly and I should work on getting upset at frequent or blatant freekills. I think once I counted 8 rounds I got freekilled in a row once...

But again, thanks for your opinion. I appreciate your input.

PS, thanks DJ_Turtle!

Not a lie, I forgot about Rabid. That situation is resolved, if you didn't notice by the fact he +2'd me. So I do apologise, it slipped my mind. It was long ago. Though, if you recall, I followed through with that...

I didn't get mad and -1 you. I thought your posting the video was a bit immature so I -1'd you and said "not ready yet." Maybe my -1 was hasty, but I still had a right (privilege?) to my opinion.

Ask my "youngin's," I often refuse to back them when they are not right. I don't practice favouritism, simply joviality and camaraderie with the younger players, who are often shunned simply based on age.

I do admit, I do get butthurt when I get freekilled constantly and I should work on getting upset at frequent or blatant freekills. I think once I counted 8 rounds I got freekilled in a row once...

But again, thanks for your opinion. I appreciate your input.

PS, thanks DJ_Turtle!

If i keep getting freekilled i tell mods if they are on or get a mod on to deal with it or take it in quiet rage then rage ion WoW while ganking low lvls. And every1 has a right to say their opinion !

If i keep getting freekilled i tell mods if they are on or get a mod on to deal with it or take it in quiet rage then rage ion WoW while ganking low lvls. And every1 has a right to say their opinion !

If the mods are busy I tell the offender. If they disagree, I explain. When they tell me I don't know the rules I do take offense, I admit.