Sign in to follow this  
Im_Aspire

The BoardRoom Thread

The BoardRoom Thread

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopes for This Thread

Just a place to share a little about our gaming methods, fourm methods, server methods, even PC builds, how you came across xG, and discuss what is and isn’t working…your strengths and weaknesses, server limit, etc. Hopefully a few seasoned people join in, and through “the beg, borrow or steal” method…er, collaboration…we can all pick up a few gems from one another to improve our own gaming methods. No need to give away all of your info…your edge, so to speak…though. Share as much, or as little as you like. Contribute what you can…take away what you like.

I also find I get asked the same questions quite often. I often find it a pain to re-type a response…or to dig back through my posts to find a link to post for someone. I’m just going to use this thread…and particular posts which I will update over time, as the link I provide in such cases. If you find that happens to yourself often, too…and you don’t have a thread of your own for people to reference…bang out a post with some of your method. Keep it updated…and use that link as your answer to people on the often asked questions.

We don’t have to post live calls or anything like that here…but feel free to if you want. I picture more of a reference type thread…an ever-expanding textbook, kind of thing. Post some images, or videos and explain a bit about your method. Try to ask and answer a few questions…if they’re good. And of course…no amount of humor is too much! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥…”that’s what she said’s”…all welcome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW PLAYERS

You wanna sit and hang, perhaps learn a little something from the seasoned vets, all are welcome, BUT:

1. Though we all hope to gain by a collaboration of experience, we already appreciate that we are a slave to our own game experience and though hope to improve, are not looking to START our careers as gamers.

2. This is not your guide to getting good quick. If you have taken entry as posted here, use your best judgment. Those that participate do so of their own free will.

3. The use of the words "♥♥♥♥", "Feck", "Fak", are not reasons to report a member to admin, they are not a lack of respect nor professionalism; they ARE words that will get used.

4. Have fun and MAKE PROGRESS.

Well…that’s about it, folks. We’ll see where it goes. Thanks in advance to all that contribute…and to those that I have already learned a lot from. There are some good heads here, and I consider it a privilege to be in contact with many of you when time permits.

All the best…and much success…you bunch of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥!

-Slipery Fingers

ALSO MY SPECS:

ASUS M4A88T-M AM3 AMD Mother Board

PNY Optima 8GB RAM

AZZA Dynamo 650 650W Power Supply

Radeon HD 6870 2GB Video Card

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition CPU

RAIDMAX Blade ATX Case

Again, Slippery uses AWESOME formatting and grammar. Other forum members should pay attention to the way he posts, ya hear?

Anyways: I built my PC like 4 years ago with parts from Newegg for about $2k. So far, I've had to replace a burnt out motherboard, soundcard, and graphics card. Life's a ♥♥♥♥♥, huh?

I'm not any good at PC building, so I buy PC's with all the parts in it already. Though, mine isn't that great because its only about 6 GB RAM and I have a bad GFX card.

A little tip to share ( pretty basic, everyone should know this)

1. Aim at head levels at all times (it's hard to do, even I can't do it constantly).

2. Do you use your mic? Well, if the button to speak is "K" then you should get an easier to reach button such as "V" . Basically, take advantages of binds/settings.

It doesn't matter how much your computer costs or the specs (to an extent). If your computer can run the game at a comfortable setting you're good to go. I believe how well you play entirely depends on your technique in game and behind the keyboard.

For example a few basic things I do that I believe make me a better player are as follows:

• I use a slanted mousepad (think of a door stop).
  • I either play in bed or on my piano bench.
  • I use a VERY small crosshair with a centerdot.
  • I use a thicker fabric to cover my mousepad for more mouse control.

In high school? Hate math? Don't.

Math is like exercise for your brain. It helps you make quicker and better decisions. Tactically speaking that's a good thing.

Skill is 10% physical and 90% mental. You don't need to be the sharpest shootin', darn tootin', quick drawer in the wild west to be a good player. It's all about how you play and how you approach different situations.

I don't really customize my CSS :P. Regular crosshair or reticle is fine.

Really? All of my weapons have skins, even my knife is >_> BTW if anyone wants an awesome skin for their pick here ya go :3

Minecraft like Pickaxe (Counter-Strike: Source > Skins > Knife) - GAMEBANANA

Also, here is a kick ♥♥♥ AWP and M4A1:

M4: Cannonball Productions - Bushmaster M4A1 (Counter-Strike: Source > Skins > M4A1) - GAMEBANANA

AWP: L96A1 Animations (Counter-Strike: Source > Skins > AWP) - GAMEBANANA

ANY MORE REQUESTS FOR SKINS? POST HERE!

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO

AMD Athlon II x4 core 3.0 gHz

MSI Radeon 5770 Hawk (has 128 bit shader bus :( not 256)

4 gigs RAM

1 Tera HDD space (I know i should go solid state, but not now...)

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO

AMD Athlon II x4 core 3.0 gHz

MSI Radeon 5770 Hawk (has 128 bit shader bus :( not 256)

4 gigs RAM

1 Tera HDD space (I know i should go solid state, but not now...)

Not bad, but if you plan on going solid state (SSD) wait a while, Hard Drives are so expensive now because of the floodings in Thailand A 80$ 1TB hard drive is almost 150$ now! Imagine the prices of SSD's your best bet is to check out if it is a 3/GB's (SATA 300) if so than attempt to upgrade to a 6/GB's (SATA 600) Other than that you would need to dish out about 250-350$ for a SATA II (2) motherboard that runs USB 3.0 rather than 2.0, and something with a higher Buffer Memory (64 MB is the higest on retail at the moment), other than that wait a few months for purchace your Solid State Drive (Also most SSD's are in the 200-300$ range just for 125GB)

If you do choose to upgrade to a 6/GB's HDD here are some of my reccomendations:

Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black HD

(1TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gbs 3.5") ^300$^

Hitachi GST Deskstar 7K1000.D HDS721010DLE630 (0F13180) 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - Newegg.ca

(1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5") ^120$^

idk i not a real forum person i will jsut put in my method of gaming here

my method of gaming is just to aim high for the head mostly near neck of the players or chest and use accurate burst fire for far way but close up just pump them full of bullets for moving wise i just stick to the wall and check the corners and when i have a shot for their head or when they turn around i take it and the most important thing i do only for jailbreak really is stay hidden and when someone is hunting you wait for them plan things out so once they get to where you are u are 8 steps ahead and your behind them or where they wont expect and you strike

there is my method

Yeah I follow pretty much the same format, only thing I would add is that I always wait for reloads to open fire my self, and always keep my second eye on on armoury.