Sign in to follow this  
SgtBanana

ok, were P.I.SSED

I believe so, also, I would like to know what should be expected of each JB admin? ( From your viewpoint )

• Mature
  • Active
  • Experienced
  • Dedicated

when things get serious, so do they. someone who won't Mic Spam, Interrupt,

or talk about anything irrelevant/off-topic during clan Meetings or discussion.

(this is for in-game aswell) they're not only a regular player & member, they're also involved

with the community. (mumble, forums and they're also liked or have a "good" reputation with the rest community.)

someone who knows their way around [xG], admin commands, regulations/rules and CS:S too. (not saying

someone couldn't be trained, but thats more work for other members that preferably shouldn't be necessary)

and someone who does things for the community, to make sure everyone else has a good time playing and

being part of the [xG] community and NOT in spite of personal gain.

Surprisingly I've seen this a little more then I had expected lately.

I've said this before, but an Admin is there to make sure everything runs smoothly and properly.

when a problem occurs, they should know how to handle it. they should also have higher expectations

then regular players and members. (due to the power they possess)

Oh, and i might as well suggest this while I'm talking to you now anyway.

I think there should be a "Freeze" command for higher level Admins so they

can give Mic checks for CT's and T's without any interference. This would hopefully

cut down on the random players who play as CT without acknowledging the rules.

Of course this would have to have some limitations so it wouldn't get abused or wrongly used.

Samantha, before now i've known very little about you. In the past all the scripters i've every scene try to handle the jailbreak scene go directly at removing the power of thoes killing thorough code. This therefore ideally limiting the required # of admins and increasing the so called "fun". Unfornatually this NEVER works out. Your approach of "trying to provide proof through plugins" is infact one of the most skipped over ideas in jailbreak, yet the smartest. It is my strong suggestion that in regards to admins in the near future you simply look at the CT side of the senario and begin to hand out the simple commands of slay, switch, mute/unmute, and mabe even beacon or kick to those whom have showed increased respect as well as honesty. This allows thoes who have had to deal with it in the past not just repremend the abuser the round after but take care of it on sight and make sure all parties are well represented.

Furthermore, the work you've done Samantha has really helped us out in finding the true rebelers. But there is one more favor we ask of you. In the past there has been allot of speculation over cretin counter terrorists opening the cell doors before orders are given and no matter how much we love to call warden and quickly give our first orders of "if ur out of ur cell ur a rebel" with the long round time there is hostly no all the proper counter terrorist can be there to say what needs to be said. This is from the community and not just me, but do think you could conjure up something that would tell who presses/activates a button or swich and when?.... just a suggestion.

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

... btw u guys need to change ur rules. No ct or t really followed them directly anymore. We've just somewhat come to the conclusion that with oeders cell doors must be open by 6:45 and without 7:00 otherwise it just be a free day. Not to mention the 90sec mute time on t's is just obnoxious, even from a ct's point of view. it should be 75sec to comply with the maximum of 6:45 time the cells must be open by...

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

... when theres less that 4 ppl on the server times out at the end of each round... HLstatsX?

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

...the server also laggs hard when we breach the 32man limit.... just saying

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

... and if u should require admins to where their tags in game... this is one of the reasons nothing gets done...

This is just a word of advice from someone whos seen this **** alot. your server isnt gunna last long if you have admins that abuse, trust me it will be down in no time at all unless u adress the problem. people will start leaving, or mabey even start crashing the sever(also another very big problem you should adress before it happens) But be wise in who you choose who your admins are going to be.

thats why u only appoint the admins u trust, and eliminate all fun commands..... then when u think theres an issue simply remove what u've given them and they'll soon reconigse what can be soooo easily lost

@Sprinkles

I believe most of our admins meet those qualities. And i will go back to what it said, an admin can't always watch every kill therefore if someone yells freekill, he may no have enough evidence to support the argument. If admins believed every single cry then we would have 20 slays a round. Maybe giving warden the power to slay CT's would work, however we have yet to find a way to "select" a warden so he can receive that power.

@Banana

Why should the CT side get powers? They're the ones that usually abuse and break the rules.

The one more favor has already been done by me a few days ago. I've added a button spam logger to the server. If a player presses a button you can view it in your console ( if your CT or admin ). So if cells open early, pop up console and find the last pressed button and you got your spammer. I've personally banned a few people for that. You can also check it for rebels if they close cells and kill or T's and you can kill them. You can also check up on all CT bans on the web page i made : http://teambans.xenogamers.com/

Trust me you want that mute time when you have 20+ T's on the server.

Most admins wear tags, but tags don't get the job done.... :|

Also all fun commands have been removed from a long time. No admin can really abuse his commands.

@ Shookie

I'm just gonna ignore you since ... ( im not gonna be mean so im stopping here ).

Sam, my apologies, i had no idea that was instated... thank you.

Now the reason i referred to the CT's in the gaining of admin powers, has nothing to do with their breaking of rules, its that they wright the rules. Further more, providing the right counter terrorists (warden) with the proper admin ship would be the next step to reinforce the rules he sets in place..... now this is in fact not an issue to my knolage anymore with the proper admins now spending time on the server.

any chance you could wright something for ct's breaking vents tho?.... that is an issue.

@Sprinkles

I believe most of our admins meet those qualities. And i will go back to what it said, an admin can't always watch every kill therefore if someone yells freekill, he may no have enough evidence to support the argument. If admins believed every single cry then we would have 20 slays a round. Maybe giving warden the power to slay CT's would work, however we have yet to find a way to "select" a warden so he can receive that power.

I disagree. If most of the Admins met those requirements then

JailBreak wouldn't be having these problems now would they? :P

and that's what separates a good Admin from a bad.

most admins (now) don't ask questions, find out what happened,

spectate / watch for a pattern, or ask if other people can vouch

for the person who got freekilled.

I see none of that ever being done, it's usually a "no proof no slay" type situation.

so unless an admin saw it happen, nothing gets accomplished. (unless the freekill happens to the admin)

regardless if they have proof or not, and on top of that an active admin can usually

tell when a freekill occurs. (regular members/players word vs random person who

joined spamming chat because they havn't read the MOTD)

Ok, just to be that guy, and i'm tripping on vicodin so sry if i sound excessively un-mannered or confusing. (4 wisdom teeth pulled)

[quote=Sprinkles;5896I see none of that ever being done, it's usually a "no proof no slay" type situation.

so unless an admin saw it happen, nothing gets accomplished. (unless the freekill happens to the admin)

regardless if they have proof or not, and on top of that an active admin can usually

tell when a freekill occurs. (regular members/players word vs random person who

joined spamming chat because they havn't read the MOTD)

Throughout my time spent on the jailbreak server, without ever receiving and information or instruction I have been quite careful to make sure i always communicate with players accused and accusing of any sortive free killing or unjust action brought upon by the Ct's. it is from here that i either talk with the acused in front of the server and make sure all sides are represented truthfully or attempt to convince him in steam chat that what he has done is wrong and should be paid for before i attempt to call an admin in. All in all i would like to make a # of requests.

1. Could you guys please look into donator mic spamming. It has now become an issue of me killing a terrorist for mic spamming and seconds later him/her calling donator thus requiring myself to deem it a freekill and slay myself. I would provide you with multiple examples but the donators have requested i do not revel the chats that ensued their killing.

2. Could the option to drop special grenades just as bombs or weapons be added to the server. With many special equipments such as hats and trails being controlled by this, the ability to pass it on would be quite useful.

3. If i was to edit/re-wright the jailbreak rules to a more proper and appropriate setup for what goes on on the jailbreak server would anyone be willing to review them and possibly add what they think would binifit the server. It has come to my attention that those who limit and those who experience the limits are very different people.

4. Finnaly, when i first began the request for a change in behavior among admins on the jailbreak server, i had no knowable xG was in fact limited on available admins. Now, with quite a bit of pondering I offer a proposition to best help serve the server in fair and just treatment. Would it be possible for a poll/nomination thread to begin where if any cretin member of the community was to revive enough nominations, they would receive the abilities of limited admin ship so they could properly address problems brought up as they see fit.

i completely agree with this i think that there is a lot of frekilling and cell spamming and quite fankly, assholes that are joining the servers and screwing up the game for everyone and then the "good"cts" make it worse by gunplanting to kill the "bad ct" making the situation 10 times worse. i agree giving select people simple admin powers and making them able to slay and switch teams but maybe not team ban. also maybe better ways to communicate with admins because several times a day people come on the jb server and freekill massivley and there are no admins on to manage it so making "mini admins" i dont think, would be a bad idea

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

also i think we should have votes for "mini admins" from other jb players

[/color]also i think we should have votes for "mini admins" from other jb players

mini admins would be a moderator, bud.