Sign in to follow this  
SgtBanana

ok, were P.I.SSED

My main position in this clan is to script. However I try to multitask and admin while im scripting. I agree with you that I am not 100% there. I was hoping he would answer what issues he was having :D.

None the less, I see where your coming from as a JB player , yet i don't feel like adding another admin would accomplish anything. Since I don't think any "Change" will happen if we add another admin.

I've been trying to make administrating the jail break server easier with the plugins since it's quite hard to keep an eye on 40 players at once, I have an idea for free-kill prevention, which I shall discuss with Silence.

( Last post got cut off for some reason and I re-posted it )

well, i feel that if we demote Admins / Moderators who aren't as active / mature / experienced , etc

and promote some members who are experienced, active, and mature, then more problems would be

solved.

I understand that watching 40+ people is hard (trust me, i know i used to be admin) but when

you have admins who play JailBreak and basically nothing else consistently , and they know what they're doing,

then things run a whole **** of a lot smoother and you have more control on the players. even when there's a

admin in the game, people act extremely better because they know they're under the risk of being punished.

ok, i take that back, i was unawhere on your position in the community..... what i should be saying is that i watch as scripter like your self try to control human instinct. In the end tho, the only thing that is done is unnessary change. I used to own a jailbreak server where we tried to put limits on what was happening. But code as what u wright cant always change as the situation does. In the end all that is needed is proper adminship. And weather u guys realise it or not more of the appropriate people should be admins....

Unfornatually as said before thoes who really deserve it arn't regular posters, their just players. This is one of the reasons i joined the fourms, to provide balance and voice to where it's due.

What you are trying to accomplish is very important to me. From what I see you really don't care about the server, but just want to get admin and using the "issues" of the server as an excuse for you to be asking this. If you truly wish to fix the "issues" of the server please tell us how you plan on doing so.

I would like to know how your admin skill is better than the rest of the current JB admins.

No, I would like all members of the clan to see your solutions.

As I said previously, I would like the whole community to understand your "views". Im not trying to attack you, but im trying to understand your solution and how you would be a valuable admin on xG. From what I see you started a post with what "everyone" on JB is thinking, only leading to a conclusion which is that you should be admin. You have also been asking on the server for admins to support you becoming admin, without commenting on the "issue". So please explain your views, so that we don't get the wrong picture.

Ok, samantha i have a very high respect for u seeing as though i've been alongside many in your place before. But unlike most CS:S games jailbreak is not run by any amount of script or code, it's run by personal influence and opinion. For any machine to run successfully all cogs, switched, and levers must be acted upon appropriately. This may sound quite weird but in a game such as jailbreak the best way to solve a problem is through human discussion. This is where i bring up example, after an admin on 3 different jailbreak servers whom have all had their full run in rising and falling the best solution to a problem in a category such as this is to increase the amount of admins on the server but monitor all quite closely. For it is only until just the appropriate amount of people have been selected for the job can success ensue.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

btw, i'm currently tripping on 1000mg of vicodin, so what would normaly take me 30 seconds to write, can and will take me 10 minutes with more than enough spelling errors to confuse any of the best decryptionist.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

^therefore the delayed Skype and opinion on ur first couple post

We already have an excessive amount of admins ( 16~ I believe ). I know most don't play on JB , but when Im on, at least 3 admins are on there, usually one in spec. If you solution is increase the # of admins on JB, then thank you for "your" opinion. Maybe we should try getting admins more active rather than adding new admins? Would that solve the issue you would say?

not to question anything your admins have done, but allot of the time ill knotice that 1. the admins don't acknolage them selvs as admins... and 2. they only respond to needs specific to them. While i my self am playing jailbreak i'm more the often responding the 8 or more requests of members complaining of free-killing and unproper commands. It is only from here that i can instruct others to either slay them selvs for what was done blatenly wrong, or request they swich teams do to breaking certin rules. At this point in time with the voice in the jailbreak server others constantly tell me i have am i able to deal with the problems specific to the situation. The only real solution is the need more true jailbreake admins. Next time you have a chance samantha, u and i should talk alongside the jailbreak community with no admins but just u i, and a handful of regular players. it will make the difference.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

^i'm so tired right now, sry if i don't make sense

I would like to know how your admin skill is better than the rest of the current JB admins.

No, I would like all members of the clan to see your solutions.

It's not that we think our "skill" of admin would be better.

(I am probably the most un-cocky person you'll ever meet)

I just think some of the moderators and Admins could be more "efficient".

a lot of the times when I see admins & moderators on, i just feel like

nothing is getting accomplished. there could be several admins on, and several

people are still getting FreeKilled or breaking the rules, and absolutely nothing is

being done. there are a few exceptions to this though, i'll just throw out a couple names

who are doing a fine job of Admin / Moderator (Excision, Edison and Duckii are some)

I know were you are coming from though, Samantha. I do.

but I can assure you that I just want to better the community.

I play Jb to have fun, and with all the rule breakers. it's nearly impossible and quite

annoying to have to sit out for a whole ten minutes, while some one camps

in a corner and nine+ people are looking for them, all because you got

Freekilled because some one didn't read a simple set of rules that aren't hard to follow in the slightest.

I won't lie, I do miss being a Admin for the simple fact that i hate calling on other people, making them

stop whatever they're doing to come help out on JB with one stupid Freekiller because he/she wants to

ruin it for everyone else, when I know I could just solve the problem myself. I can really only describe this

feeling as being handicapped. :/ But, i could honestly care less if I get admin back or not as long as this problem

gets solved and Administrators and Moderators are more efficient with their powers.

(I was talking to Excision about this earlier, he said he had introduced the idea of a "terms of service"

agreement for the MOTD. I love this idea. (this an quote from Excision and I completely agree)

"[xG:M] Excision.: yeah i asked silence to put one of those things where you have to accept the motd before you join

[xG:M] Excision.: and if you decline you get auto kicked, just so if they do break the rules

[xG:M] Excision.: there like completely at fault

[xG] Ashley? [xG:R]: that's actually a pretty nice idea. like a terms of service type thing.

[xG:M] Excision.: yeah, but people would just accept it and not look at it -.-

[xG] Ashley? [xG:R]: i know, only problem.

[xG] Ashley? [xG:R]: unless you get someone who actually wants to better the community.

[xG] Ashley? [xG:R]: which is rare

[xG:M] Excision.: yeah big time")

as you can see, this was just a small glance of a private conversation I had with Excision.

I had absolutely no intention of posting this, but hopefully it will convince I'm for the community, and not admin.

do you really think i would spend thirty + minutes typing all this just to get admin back? :P

I truthfully and Honestly love this community, and all i want for it is to succeed. but until some

problems are solved, i don't think it go can anywhere. and if you read all that, well kudos to you.

tried to add spaces and coloring to not make it so.. boring.

@ Banana

1. Don't know what that means.

2. It's hard for an admin to confirm a freekill that happened when he was not observing it. If a warden says a CT freekilled, an admin will usually take the wardens word and slay him. When a normal player gets freekilled and they cry freekill, sometimes they are wrong, others its the CT. An admin has very little options to confirm that. I try to provide proof for the admin to base his decision off of, using plugins. This is the only issue I see is that admins can't view 20 rebels at once and know when they're getting freekilled. A lot of freekills are not freekills, however the rebel thinks it is. As admins when a freekill happens too us and we see a constant pattern in freekills from a player, we CT ban him. This is how I fight the freekilling problem. Unless we have an admin per player, admins can't keep track of each rebel.

@Sprinkles

What I was saying wasn't directed at you. I was finding the intentions of banana, and how he as an admin can do a better job.

I will quote you though

"a lot of the times when I see admins & moderators on, i just feel like

nothing is getting accomplished. there could be several admins on, and several

people are still getting FreeKilled or breaking the rules, and absolutely nothing is

being done."

My question is, how is adding another admin gonna change this? I think it will only make it worse. Adding another admin will only contribute to the problem instead of fix it.

because the current admins (not the ones I've mentioned above)

are usually not on, too busy to help, AFK in spec, or they're too

in-experienced to handle whatever the problem may be properly.

Which is why I suggest demoting the more "useless" admins

and promoting members who fit the position and would do a better job.

So if you have better Admins, who actually know what they're doing, then

you would have more control, and the "rule breaker" population would decrease.

of course, if you promote more "useless" admins, then the problem would certainly increase.

(and I'm not saying names, or disrespecting anyone, so please don't take it that way)

Exactly what i was just telling Fair Enough Sirs lol

[xG] Fair Enough Sirs: i agree that we need more admins lol

[xG] Fair Enough Sirs: OF COURSE

Mrs. Silence: I dont lol

[xG] Fair Enough Sirs: why not

Mrs. Silence: Quality not Quantity

And this will occur soon I promise, Silence and I already had a discussion the other day regarding the quality of admins. I would also like to have admins get trained to become better, if they are bad at it.

Exactly what i was just telling Fair Enough Sirs lol

And this will occur soon I promise, Silence and I already had a discussion the other day regarding the quality of admins. I would also like to have admins get trained to become better, if they are bad at it.

so were on the same level now?

Edit: i don't think you can change how busy Admins are though.

that's something they'll have to train themselves on.