Sign in to follow this  
Rhododendron

Xeno Gamers Holocaust

First, let me define holocaust: Destruction or slaughter on a mass scale. Nothing to do with that event in the 40s.

NOW! We are going to start a massive cleansing of /xg/ We have a lot of people who are representing XG in a bad way, and need to put a stop to it, so I would like to bring to everyone's attention the following:

If you aren't active socially (teamspeak and the forum) you will lose membership.

Tags may become global where not everyone can wear them, but only real members will be able to.

Yeah, suggest ideas below, I wanna solve this issue!

[MARQUEE][ATTACH]2625.vB[/ATTACH][/MARQUEE]

cartoons-animated.gif.f9ccd69f41ea64f122938aefdd2f43ca.gif

give out rewards like hat packs to those that are on a lot. :d though, not sure if this is serious or not.

+1

such a good idea.

My parents are divorced and I can only bring around a laptop which can't handle CS:S or a mic for teamspeak. At my mother's house I have my desktop there which runs anything and everything.o When I am there i'm in TS 24/7 (I don't go there until Thursday, and I stay there until Sunday night). Obviously active on forums :3.

[MARQUEE]I just didn't want people to get the wrong impression if they didn't know why I disappear for days..[/MARQUEE]

What if you are on the servers 2-10+ hours a day and not on teamspeak? I like to hear things on the servers and do other things and listen to music.

I suggested this to @@silence but maybe you guys will have input...

xG needs something that encourages on-going donations for on-going incentive.

Right now everything is pay once, get shit for life. So people pay, get their shit, then play.

A former clan I was in did this:

$10 donation for one month of "donator" status

$30 donation for four months or "donator" status

Donator status got you:

• Access to donator-only forum boards
  • Access to @ chat

After 3 consecutive months* of donator status you got:

• Access to !voteban, !votekick, and !votemap (the server didn't use rockthevote)
  • Access to !playsound - this opened a menu with a list of short funny sounds, one-liners ("thats what she said"), and short song clips. Only one !playsound per person per map was allowed.

*If you paid for 3 or more months in advance you still had to wait 3 months time to get these.

Most importantly, when you stopped donating the privileges were taken away, and your 3 month counter reset.

This encouraged repeat donations and help control things after hours. A mod/admin can't always be there, but if someone likes the server enough to donate for 3+ months then it can usually safely be assumed that they will use !votekick or !voteban appropriately for the good of keeping gameplay fun for all.

With hats and trails on xG servers you could mix that in. Say, keep what you have now $15 for one hatpack, but you could include all hatpacks as part of donator status.

You could maybe play with other plugins as well. Maybe !days could be limited to donators? Unlock certain !lr's for donators?

**Whenever I referred to "donators" I mean people who hold "donator status" as described.

I suggested this to @@silence but maybe you guys will have input...

xG needs something that encourages on-going donations for on-going incentive.

Right now everything is pay once, get shit for life. So people pay, get their shit, then play.

A former clan I was in did this:

$10 donation for one month of "donator" status

$30 donation for four months or "donator" status

Donator status got you:

• Access to donator-only forum boards
  • Access to @ chat

After 3 consecutive months* of donator status you got:

• Access to !voteban, !votekick, and !votemap (the server didn't use rockthevote)
  • Access to !playsound - this opened a menu with a list of short funny sounds, one-liners ("thats what she said"), and short song clips. Only one !playsound per person per map was allowed.

*If you paid for 3 or more months in advance you still had to wait 3 months time to get these.

Most importantly, when you stopped donating the privileges were taken away, and your 3 month counter reset.

This encouraged repeat donations and help control things after hours. A mod/admin can't always be there, but if someone likes the server enough to donate for 3+ months then it can usually safely be assumed that they will use !votekick or !voteban appropriately for the good of keeping gameplay fun for all.

With hats and trails on xG servers you could mix that in. Say, keep what you have now $15 for one hatpack, but you could include all hatpacks as part of donator status.

You could maybe play with other plugins as well. Maybe !days could be limited to donators? Unlock certain !lr's for donators?

**Whenever I referred to "donators" I mean people who hold "donator status" as described.

Fuck you with a passion if i have to make a monthly donation fee after donating 100$+ u can suck my dick. Fuck that shitty stuff, be original and think of original idea's fajot.

The problem is that one-time donations of any size can't cover on-going bills. And with new members few and far between you can't count on getting $700 a month from new people who want hats.

If all the active members chipped in $5 a month shit should be covered. Shit that would be my smallest bill by far.