Sign in to follow this  
Rexx

Just got braces.

Ahem. Rexx here. Asking for help. So I just got braces in. Well half of it. I just got my Brackets on yesterday. And I'm getting the wires put in on the 8th. If you guys can. Can you guys give me any advice, warnings, or tips? Please and thank you. -Rexx:).

Fuck the police I got braces and I still chew gum

Just don't eat like starburtsts cus they get stuck and it sucks :/

Yea braces suck but you'll get used to em :)

Don't' fucking chew gum, and chew something for the first hour of getting your braces no matter how hungry you are. It hurts, insanely.

This.

Don't play any brass instrument until you get used to your braces, putting that cupped piece of metal up against your face as firmly as you need to hurts like fucking hell. Thank god I got my braces taken off last year. But yeah, best of luck dude, try not to fuck up the braces, that shit's expensive.

Also: are you getting expanders and springs and whatnot? Or just the standard wire and bracket? Just curious.

I play trumpet, that's why I haven't been on as much lately, I've been spending 7 hours a day at fucking marching band camp xD. But, i must say being in marching band is easier than I had anticipated.

What are you, 12?

DO YOU EVEN LIFT, KIDDO?

Jk lol, I would say dont screw it up. You gotta have them on longer if you do. Also look out for biting your face with them or hitting yourself by accident. During a New Year's party of 2009, I sliced the inside of my cheek and now I have a scar there. Be sure to also stock up on weapons and ammunition for the coming doomsday(s). Also don't chew gum, it gets all stuck and is a pain to get out.

For you information, the kid does lift. I mean, he holds a fucking trumpet for fucking hours for Christ's sakes; that's acknowledge-able. I've seen fuckers in music class exaggeratedly telling me of how difficult in reality it is. Nevertheless, we're drifting off topic here.

For the first week- week & a half, you're not gonna wanna eat anything. You'll have too, but it will hurt. If possible, have soup, ravioli, that kind of stuff for a while until you get used to it. Then after a couple weeks, you'll be eating whatever. But on some of your teeth, it will still be sore, so if you get that, chew on the other side, because it hurts.

Basically you get used to em. Flossings a pain in the ass. Hurts when they get tightened. Oh and rubber bands are a masive pain in the ass as well :P