Sign in to follow this  
Warriorsfury

Major problem big reward!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLdoPNEA0XI&list=UU0Ty-yT4nCL8jBNpq2mt2Uw&index=20

Where is my TS room?

On a more serious note:

Did you install the patch on their website? [May 28, 2010] Grand Theft Auto IV Patch 7 -- Title Update v. 1.0.7.0 (English) / 1.0.6.1 (Russian) / 1.0.5.2 (Japanese)

If that doesn't work go to your steam library, right click on GTA4 and then you click on verify integrity of game cache.

As a last resort you could do this...

1.Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then click Accessories.

2.Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. In the User Account Control window, verify that Program name is Windows Command Processor, and then click Yes.

3.In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type or paste the following text at the prompt: reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Window… Sessions /va /f

4.Press Enter to install the solution.

5.If The operation completed successfully displays, close the Administrator: Command Prompt window to complete this procedure.

Navigate to where you have it installed...

Example path may be something like:

C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\EFLC\

Make a shortcut to the "LaunchEFLC.exe" and place it on your Windows desktop.

Have your Steam-client open, and use the shortcut to launch EFLC instead.

This works for me on my computer at least (Windows 7, 64-bit, home edition) for EFLC. I also used a similar method for launching GTAIV as well (make a short-cut for the "LaunchGTAIV.exe" file found in the GTAIV folder and launch from that)."

And possibly this link might help idk Steam Users' Forums - View Single Post - ****GFWL key not valid & other CD Key Issues *Merged Threads*

This may be a last resort, but here we go:

1. Uninstall the game through Steam library.

2. Go to your steamapps (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common) and delete anything that may be left in there from GTA4.

3. Uninstall Rockstar Game's Social Club (C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Social Club)

4. Delete save files & anything else from your "My Documents" folder (C:\Users\(USERNAME)\Documents\Rockstar Games).

5. Reinstall game through Steam library.

Source: Grand Theft Auto IV | PCGamingWiki

Game Fails to start

There is an issue in which the Steam Version of the game (And possibly non-steam) will fail to start. The Rockstar Social club login pops up, but after you sign in, or go offline, the game fails to start. This is caused by an out of date Games for Windows Live Client. You can download the client here.

Download the Games for Windows Client | PC Games Client

You may have to start run this program each time you want to play.

Unfortunately, however, updating the client may not be the only issue preventing you from logging in to Games for Windows Live. It could also be a problem with your MTU size. To determine what your MTU size is, open a cmd window (click Start, type cmd, press enter). Once in the cmd window, enter the following command:

C:\>netsh interface ipv4 show interfaces

This will show you the MTU size currently set for all of your network interfaces. For your account to be able to log in, the MTU size must be set to 1500. If it is not, a quick fix is to just force the change in with:

C:\>netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Local Area Connection" mtu=1500 store=persistent

Assuming, of course, that "Local Area Connection" is the name of your network interface. Note that even though we set "store=persistent", this change will not be permanent and will be lost on reboot.

If the game loads as a process under Task Manager, but disappears after a while, run GTAIV.exe under compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 or higher. In Windows 7, this can be found under the Programs tab of the Control Panel.

Also bookmark this site, as it's a VERY good site for any problems you might run into on PC.

This may be a last resort, but here we go:

1. Uninstall the game through Steam library.

2. Go to your steamapps (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common) and delete anything that may be left in there from GTA4.

3. Uninstall Rockstar Game's Social Club (C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Social Club)

4. Delete save files & anything else from your "My Documents" folder (C:\Users\(USERNAME)\Documents\Rockstar Games).

5. Reinstall game through Steam library.

I suggets the thing that was underlined/bolded/extended. I used to play gta on lcpdfr and what i learned it YOU CANNOT SAVE WHILE ON DUTY.

Yeah removing saves is a good idea. Just copy them over to another folder and remove from documents. that way if it doesn't work you can at least still use your old saves if you find another solution.

[ATTACH]4178.vB[/ATTACH]If you haven't gotten this fixed, this is what i so when i encounter said problems with my games on steam..

1. Completely install the game GTA IV

2. Get rid of the TeamSpeak overlay for in-game use.

3. Under your steam library right click the game.

4. Go the properties

5. then verify the game cache using steam

6. Download latest Drivers from Nvidia

7. Load game and turn down the settings

8. If it doesn't work then give into any demands made by the computer

9. once the hostage is returned kill the computer (terrorist)

10. fall in love with hostage

11. become hero

12. demand statue in local park

13. draw a sick mustache on your statue

14. buy a 1920x1080p monitor, don't use internet explorer use google chrome

Regards,

-ERNIE

5aa4bbf3b9682_penisjakesulley.thumb.png.f4146607bf8c53e0c19d659b1ecb95ca.png