DarkWolf6052

Deleting servers for CS:S *POLL*

Which servers needs to go for CS:S?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Which servers needs to go for CS:S?

I really dont see why its a smart decision to keep anything more than: Jailbreak, RPG surf, Minigames, Slide Race and Bhop. Im assuming every server runs with its own separate cost, theres no point to keep these other ones up to be populated once every 2 weeks. Both a logical and business decision would say to only keep the ones listed (as they do get populated) and remove the rest. Whether or not the money goes towards CS:S, which it should, it is still a decision that should be made for the benefit of all of xG.

@@DarkWolf6052 @@Forest How about we scrap the extra scrim server? we have 2

Don't scrap it unless it will actually reduce the amount of money needed to pay for the servers. Having an extra scrim server doesn't have any negative impact and there have been times when we've used both.

I'm not sure how the scrim servers are set up, as I don't participate in scrim nor get on the servers. However those are set up, @@Rhododendron would need to change those, but he didn't mention them.

--

I'd like to know ahead of time how tight the budget is regarding the CS:S Division. That way I can appropriately determine how many servers [in my opinion] should be shut-down. Otherwise, the four I've voted for are RPG Surf DM, Build Wars, Gun Game, and the Christmas servers. Reason being:

1. Let's face it, RPG Surf DM is dead. We already have an RPG Surf which is highly populated [when compared to RPG Surf DM] and it's pretty much the same concept.
  2. In almost all my time being here in xG, I have never once seen players on Build Wars. Granted, I never exactly monitor it nor do I check it, but judging by the sheer amount of people voting for it, it's a given.
  3. Yet another empty server among our many. Rarely do I see players on here, unless it's a group event. Needs to go if we are that tight a budget.
  4. Need I say anything? It's not exactly the "season to be jolly" so why is this even here? Takes up space, costs Silence more, needs to go. (I will however agree with what Twig suggested; this being the conversion of the Christmas server into a vanilla CS:S Server. This should really be considered [depending on how tight our budget is])

The reason I didn't cut out servers such as AWP/Scout, Death Run, and ZE/ZM(?) are simply because these servers are almost always used when a community event is being held. Granted, the most previous Community Night (excluding HidingMaster's Community Knight) had Gun Game in the server rotations, but it was far too much chaos to handle and drove players away. So, again, here are why I personally think these servers should stay:

1. AWP/Scout may be unpopulated, but with the removal of Gun Game, there will be no other "competitive" servers we have [with the exception of our Scrim server, unless Twig's idea of a vanilla server is pushed through].
  2. Death Run simply because it's extremely fun with a large amount of people. During a Community Night, most of the players/members thoroughly enjoy Death Run.
  3. I know, I know. Why keep ZE/ZM? The exact same reason presented for Death Run. Sadly, the plugins are broken and the server itself is pretty much out of order. If no one can step up to edit or fix it, then it is with a heavy heart that this server should be removed.

Just my two cents on this whole thing. Again, I would very much like to know what our budget is regarding our CS:S Division. @@DarkWolf6052 @@Rhododendron

- Dat guy, Forest

With the "budget" for CS:S, as far as I know, them being a dedicated server means one set cost for all the servers(The number of servers currently doesn't effect price or something like that)

Silence mainly wanted to clear up used resources. Maybe to speed up them?

I don't know, he mentioned this while saying he needed $65 dollars and $55 more dollars. That was when the CS:S servers were shut down, and the website was scheduled to go down at 3AM.

--

If you guys go to the Donate page, you can read that.. we need about $150 per month. Maybe for just the CS:S servers, we need $150 per month?

--

mfw when @@Rhododendron votes for all.

Oh god damnit @@Rhododendron

--

>>Mod/Admin Purchase Discount

>>Removing servers

>>$$$$

I think we should honestly offer a discount on Paid Moderator and Paid Admin ranks, but if @@Rhododendron would be willing, set up a rank for Paid Moderators to have permissions such as.. Admin, Kick, Ban, Admin Chat, Slay, but maybe have an immunity level of 5 (Normal moderators and current paid moderators have an immunity level of 10), and maybe limited ban permissions, and little to no leniency toward fuck ups? They fuck up, and get demoted, no refunds.

--

We should combine some of the servers like deathrun/sliderace or AWP-Scout/GG-DM, etc.

DeathRun and Sliderace are two different gamemodes. Maybe there are settings for different maps that can change for the gamemode?

A DeathRun map would have to randomize a person to be a T, while a SlideRace map wouldn't have to do that.

GG-DM has a setting that automatically awards you a new gun per kill, instant respawn, ect, and Awp/Scout has no instant respawn, only normally uses Awps, Scouts and knives.

Maybe combining AWP/Scouts and Sliderace would be better, but if the map gives someone an AWP on Sliderace, that might make it less fun. Being awp'd from spawn.

Scrim Server 1 & 2 will remain. They are currently not as resource-taking as our Customized Servers. We're focusing on those.

~ Prius

@@DarkWolf6052 Paying for a staff position is on sale 2 days ago. Where have ya been? Ha.

That was TF2. Did you not read it?

it was for ALL servers. Did you not read it?

I'm not sure how the scrim servers are set up, as I don't participate in scrim nor get on the servers. However those are set up, @@Rhododendron would need to change those, but he didn't mention them.

--

I'd like to know ahead of time how tight the budget is regarding the CS:S Division. That way I can appropriately determine how many servers [in my opinion] should be shut-down. Otherwise, the four I've voted for are RPG Surf DM, Build Wars, Gun Game, and the Christmas servers. Reason being:

1. Let's face it, RPG Surf DM is dead. We already have an RPG Surf which is highly populated [when compared to RPG Surf DM] and it's pretty much the same concept.
  2. In almost all my time being here in xG, I have never once seen players on Build Wars. Granted, I never exactly monitor it nor do I check it, but judging by the sheer amount of people voting for it, it's a given.
  3. Yet another empty server among our many. Rarely do I see players on here, unless it's a group event. Needs to go if we are that tight a budget.
  4. Need I say anything? It's not exactly the "season to be jolly" so why is this even here? Takes up space, costs Silence more, needs to go. (I will however agree with what Twig suggested; this being the conversion of the Christmas server into a vanilla CS:S Server. This should really be considered [depending on how tight our budget is])

The reason I didn't cut out servers such as AWP/Scout, Death Run, and ZE/ZM(?) are simply because these servers are almost always used when a community event is being held. Granted, the most previous Community Night (excluding HidingMaster's Community Knight) had Gun Game in the server rotations, but it was far too much chaos to handle and drove players away. So, again, here are why I personally think these servers should stay:

1. AWP/Scout may be unpopulated, but with the removal of Gun Game, there will be no other "competitive" servers we have [with the exception of our Scrim server, unless Twig's idea of a vanilla server is pushed through].
  2. Death Run simply because it's extremely fun with a large amount of people. During a Community Night, most of the players/members thoroughly enjoy Death Run.
  3. I know, I know. Why keep ZE/ZM? The exact same reason presented for Death Run. Sadly, the plugins are broken and the server itself is pretty much out of order. If no one can step up to edit or fix it, then it is with a heavy heart that this server should be removed.

Just my two cents on this whole thing. Again, I would very much like to know what our budget is regarding our CS:S Division. @@DarkWolf6052 @@Rhododendron

- Dat guy, Forest

With the "budget" for CS:S, as far as I know, them being a dedicated server means one set cost for all the servers(The number of servers currently doesn't effect price or something like that)

Silence mainly wanted to clear up used resources. Maybe to speed up them?

I don't know, he mentioned this while saying he needed $65 dollars and $55 more dollars. That was when the CS:S servers were shut down, and the website was scheduled to go down at 3AM.

--

If you guys go to the Donate page, you can read that.. we need about $150 per month. Maybe for just the CS:S servers, we need $150 per month?

--

mfw when @@Rhododendron votes for all.

Oh god damnit @@Rhododendron

--

>>Mod/Admin Purchase Discount

>>Removing servers

>>$$$$

I think we should honestly offer a discount on Paid Moderator and Paid Admin ranks, but if @@Rhododendron would be willing, set up a rank for Paid Moderators to have permissions such as.. Admin, Kick, Ban, Admin Chat, Slay, but maybe have an immunity level of 5 (Normal moderators and current paid moderators have an immunity level of 10), and maybe limited ban permissions, and little to no leniency toward fuck ups? They fuck up, and get demoted, no refunds.

--

I'm going to setup a system where you can purchase through the forums and div leaders can manage it through sourcebans. It will turn monthly that way. Also scrim servers don't cost anything, and plus I change the names around to mess with people who say one has better reg then the other ;)