DarkWolf6052

Deleting servers for CS:S *POLL*

Which servers needs to go for CS:S?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Which servers needs to go for CS:S?

We're having to clear up resources for the XenoGamers box, so some of the unused CS:S servers are going to need to go. A few things I will be noting.

• Don't spam votes, this is a serious poll and some of these servers will be deleted.
  • Your vote is public. We are able to see who voted for what.
  • Our Zombie Escape / Zombie Mod server is broken. None of the plugins work currently. Keep that in mind.
  • Our BuildWars server is rarely populated.
  • Christmas isn't even in season. While the Suit Interface plugin is fun, this uses up extra resources.

I was asked by @@Rhododendron to post this, so you guys need to decide.

I didn't list Sliderace, Bhop, Jailbreak, or Minigames, because:

Jailbreak and Minigames are the highest traffic of the CS:S servers.

Sliderace and Bhop were requested not to be added by Silence.

Server Information

RPG Surf

Surf server with an RPG menu to level up as you play.

RPG Surf DM

Surf server with an RPG menu to level up as you play.

-Has instant respawn

-Has guns menu for choosing guns.

GG-DM

GunGame-DeathMatch.

Level up to the next gun by making a kill with your current weapon. Win the game by being the first to kill with every weapon.

-Auto respawn

-Automatically awarded next gun upon kill

BuildWars

Build your fort using a build menu for props and after the game starts, kill the other team to win.

AWP / Scout

Awps or scouts and knives battles.

Death Run

CTs must survive the traps that the T gets to activate throughout the map in attempts to kill CTs.

Christmas

Counter Strike Source with Christmas themed maps.

-Has Suit Interface plugin

ZE/ZM

Zombies vs Humans.

ZE: Humans(CTs) must complete objectives while fighting zombies(Ts).

ZM: Humans(CTs) must survive the round without dying by the zombies(Ts).

This mod is currently broken, and is not scheduled to be fixed.

@@HighSociety @@Gkoo @@Forest @@MegaRobin @@Hidingmaster @@LostCause @@Jordozombie @@Zeal @@diabeetus @@snakeboyeric @@DeathGod @@Unit12p @@xShadowSpyx @@Cristo @@orangejuice @@ItsAaron @@arvelez @@PiNoYPsYcHo @@Sporky @@John @@JakeEnglish @@TheAlpha31 @@DrPepperPhreak @@WhyJewMad @@JINGS @@BaileyJay @@Kirito @@Black_Rock @@Sep0h @@SuperNarwhal @@daddiodoug @@SonicRainbow @@Warriorsfury @@Sarcast1cninja @@Nub1234 @@payturr @@SyrJirk @@Hellafun13 @@Phantom

Everything but RPG surf, minigames and jailbreak should be scrapped. All of the other servers are rarely populated and are just dragging us down.

Bhop and Sliderace are not being removed as Silence said no.

Jailbreak and Minigames are the highest populated servers.

RPG Surf isn't that popular recently. RPG Surf DM was even less popular, but RPG Surf DM was less popular most likely because it has automatic respawn and guns menu.

@@DarkWolf6052 RPG Surf is prob the 3rd most poplulated CS:S Server

Death Run and Build Wars are fun to go on with a group of people just to have fun to get away from JB

RPG Surf DM is not needed since its less populated than RPG Surf, Nobody even manages ZM anymore, and nobody really likes christmas. Gungame is never populated

Bhop and Sliderace are not being removed as Silence said no. Jailbreak and Minigames are the highest populated servers. RPG Surf isn't that popular recently. RPG Surf DM was even less popular, but RPG Surf DM was less popular most likely because it has automatic respawn and guns menu.

Then we'll have to keep Bhop, Sliderace, Jailbreak and Minigames, and remove everything else. Honestly, we should just keep the populated servers and fuck the rest, while trying to figure out ways to improve the populated servers.

Here are my opinions:

[DEFINITELY KEEP]

• No problem with AWP/Scout. Small group gets on AWP/Scout, have a fun time.
  • Deathrun is fun.

[MAYBE]

• RPG Surf is a maybe. Hardly ever populated yet it's not broken at all.
  • BuildWars is a maybe too. Never populated, not broken, it's fun.

[sCRAP]

• RPG Surf DM isn't needed, just a server copied and pasted with a Deathmatch feature. Never populated.
  • Zombie Mode/Escape isn't working so scrap it.

• The Gun Game server feels floaty. I'm sure most people can vouch for that. Never populated, so scrap.

[FIX]

• Make the Christmas server into a vanilla CS:S server. Just add RTV, ranks, $800 starting cash, etc. No gimmicks, just try and make it as vanilla as possible. Not all people like to scrim 5v5s, so it's a fix and keep in my opinion.

I'd like to know ahead of time how tight the budget is regarding the CS:S Division. That way I can appropriately determine how many servers [in my opinion] should be shut-down. Otherwise, the four I've voted for are RPG Surf DM, Build Wars, Gun Game, and the Christmas servers. Reason being:

1. Let's face it, RPG Surf DM is dead. We already have an RPG Surf which is highly populated [when compared to RPG Surf DM] and it's pretty much the same concept.
  2. In almost all my time being here in xG, I have never once seen players on Build Wars. Granted, I never exactly monitor it nor do I check it, but judging by the sheer amount of people voting for it, it's a given.
  3. Yet another empty server among our many. Rarely do I see players on here, unless it's a group event. Needs to go if we are that tight a budget.
  4. Need I say anything? It's not exactly the "season to be jolly" so why is this even here? Takes up space, costs Silence more, needs to go. (I will however agree with what Twig suggested; this being the conversion of the Christmas server into a vanilla CS:S Server. This should really be considered [depending on how tight our budget is])

The reason I didn't cut out servers such as AWP/Scout, Death Run, and ZE/ZM(?) are simply because these servers are almost always used when a community event is being held. Granted, the most previous Community Night (excluding HidingMaster's Community Knight) had Gun Game in the server rotations, but it was far too much chaos to handle and drove players away. So, again, here are why I personally think these servers should stay:

1. AWP/Scout may be unpopulated, but with the removal of Gun Game, there will be no other "competitive" servers we have [with the exception of our Scrim server, unless Twig's idea of a vanilla server is pushed through].
  2. Death Run simply because it's extremely fun with a large amount of people. During a Community Night, most of the players/members thoroughly enjoy Death Run.
  3. I know, I know. Why keep ZE/ZM? The exact same reason presented for Death Run. Sadly, the plugins are broken and the server itself is pretty much out of order. If no one can step up to edit or fix it, then it is with a heavy heart that this server should be removed.

Just my two cents on this whole thing. Again, I would very much like to know what our budget is regarding our CS:S Division. @@DarkWolf6052 @@Rhododendron

- Dat guy, Forest