Hidingmaster

Applying for mod?

Just a quick question and suggestion. I know we stopped applications for mod a long time ago, but one of the benefits of this was that donating was a question on there. Why did we stop this? I don't think "we have too many mods" is a good reason.. Add another dm to handle them if you have to.

I know quite a few deserving people that would like to apply for mod, but since we dropped it they cannot. I think it may be beneficial to add the ability to apply back for two reasons:

1) We can reenact the donation question, effectively making it a requirement for mod. This will hopefully help.. even if its ever so little.. to keep the servers up.

2) Applying for mod gives people the ability to get somewhere in the clan. I feel like this drove a lot of people, including me, toremain here and stay active to achieve mod. This means keeping more people, attracting a few more... That usually translates to money.

This isn't a solution for all of the problems, but I'll be damned if this ship goes down with me on it.

+1 +1 +1, when using the application way, other staff get to have their say about it, instead of only the DMs or people who refer them.

And the donation part is also a help, I believe the donation amount used to be required as $10 to apply, $10 for every person who applies would be good, also if there are too many mods at that time, put those people who get accepted at that time can be put on a "queue" so when 1 mod gets admin they get mod, and so forth.

also if there are too many mods at that time, put those people who get accepted at that time can be put on a "queue" so when 1 mod gets admin they get mod, and so forth.

I love this idea, great thinking. I personally would +1 for the return of applying for mod, however I do think that we should keep the old requirements (donate $10, at least 100 posts on forums, and 2 months of membership).

I'd also like to put some kind of prerequisites on people who want to get Paid-Mod, and regarding getting promoted to full moderator status, as some people in the past have gotten PM within days of being accepted into the clan, and within 1 or 2 promo/demo's have gotten full moderator (even though they might not fulfill any of the requirements of mods). When people are eager to donate it is great and all, but I don't really think that people who have barely been in the clan should just be immediately handed over powers, and given a quick promotion because they're insecure about being a PM or something. I would suggest just taking the requirements to apply and slicing them in half (only 1 month of membership and 50 forum posts to get PM), just so we can see if the person is actually dedicated enough to work somewhat for PM, other than just forking over $30.

also if there are too many mods at that time, put those people who get accepted at that time can be put on a "queue" so when 1 mod gets admin they get mod, and so forth.

I love this idea, great thinking. I personally would +1 for the return of applying for mod, however I do think that we should keep the old requirements (donate $10, at least 100 posts on forums, and 2 months of membership).

I'd also like to put some kind of prerequisites on people who want to get Paid-Mod, and regarding getting promoted to full moderator status, as some people in the past have gotten PM within days of being accepted into the clan, and within 1 or 2 promo/demo's have gotten full moderator (even though they might not fulfill any of the requirements of mods). When people are eager to donate it is great and all, but I don't really think that people who have barely been in the clan should just be immediately handed over powers, and given a quick promotion because they're insecure about being a PM or something. I would suggest just taking the requirements to apply and slicing them in half (only 1 month of membership and 50 forum posts to get PM), just so we can see if the person is actually dedicated enough to work somewhat for PM, other than just forking over $30.

I don't know if its really something we have to change in regards to who gets pm, but rather what happens after they pay for it. If they want to pay the money for it, let them have it BUT we definitely need to revise how they get from PM to M. Its not fair in the least for them to get M within a month or 2. It took me many many months (6 to be exact) to achieve moderator status. It took another 9 to get admin. Yet someone can pay for mod, and get the official status in a matter of a month or 2? Thats a bunch of bs.

I don't think they should be promoted if we get a mod application going again. They should be allowed to buy it whenever, but when the time comes that they want the dirty "P" removed, then they have to take it to the community with an app.

____________________________________________________________________________________

@@JayBreezy

Do they deserve it? No, absolutely not. And I would be pretty certain that the current staff members are smart enough to -1 an app of someone who doesn't deserve it. I don't really see any issue with reinstating the old way of doing it. It produced some, actually almost all of the best staff members there are today. It would be pretty difficult to name a person who got promoted after the applications stopped that has gone on to be a well recognized and important member of xG.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I also believe this is a first step towards strengthening the communication people us staff members and the DM's. Its getting really annoying not knowing what is going on, not having much say in what occurs, and generally having the staff members less than satisfied with what has been going on recently. Stop waiting around for things to change themselves and START COMMUNICATING WITH US. Ignoring the problems shows a lack of maturity and ability to take responsibility.

$10 for every person who applies would be good, also if there are too many mods at that time, put those people who get accepted at that time can be put on a "queue" so when 1 mod gets admin they get mod, and so forth.

I would suggest just taking the requirements to apply and slicing them in half (only 1 month of membership and 50 forum posts to get PM), just so we can see if the person is actually dedicated enough to work somewhat for PM, other than just forking over $30.

+1 :Old Man:b

A quick summary of whats gone on:

1) Reinstate the mod application and make sure there are some requirements in regards to donating: $10 donation to apply. Same format as before, same requirements. (2 months in xG, 100 posts that werent spammed)

2) Change PM requirements: MUST be in xG 1 month, must have 50 posts.

@@Gkoo @@DarkWolf6052

I don't want DMs giving powers to their buddies and giving some bullshit reason that they should be promoted. There should be input by other members for a members promotion.

I think this is a amazing idea. +1 +1 +1

It would bring:

-More donations (So i don't have to drop tons of monies)

-More people will join and will stick around to strive for something

-Give some people that have been here awhile a chance to become something more than a member

I don't want DMs giving powers to their buddies and giving some bullshit reason that they should be promoted. There should be input by other members for a members promotion.

+1+1+1+1+