diabeetus

Future community night(s)?

I don't think I'm alone in thinking that it's high time for a community night, as I don't belive we've had one (not counting late-nite JB) in several months. This thread is far from anything very formal/official yet, as I wanted to use this thread to fill positions for co-hosts, figure out server roatations, figure out an optimal dare, etc. once most of the details have been figured out, I'll post another thread for all to see official times/dates.

The first matter at hand is co-hosts, because it would be difficult for one person to do this alone. In fact, even with several co-hosts, a community night is still a very chaotic event. Now, anyone can be a co-host, in fact I would encourage that there is one non-staff co-host (especially if said member is considering applying for a staff position) as it would give the person a example of what it's like to manage/moderate a server. Co-host positions are going to be handed out as a first-come-first-served basis, so if you want to be a co-host you should apply as soon as you can. There will be four co-hosts, along with four "backup" co-hosts, just in-case one or more of the co-hosts can't make it.

Next is server rotation. What servers did you guys like from the last community noght? Which ines did you dislike from the last community night? How did you feel about how long we stayed on each server? Should the order of the server rotation be edited at all? Leave your thoughts to these questions as a reply to this thread, or even propose a new question.

I feel we should also continue to do trivia questions, pertraining to xG history/info of course, that will have a prize in the form of credits upon the return of hub. Feel free to posts any trivia questions (they must be xG-related, once again).

Proposed dates:

Sunday, August 11th, starting at 9:00 PM EST (all times/dates are subject to change and official times/dates will be posted in a future thread).

???

???

Co-Hosts:

- Hidingmaster

- Daddiodoug

-

-

Backup Co-Hosts:

- TurdWig

- ShadowSpy

- Rhoukar

-

Proposed server roation:

- Deathrun (9:00-9:45)

- Minigames (9:45- 11:00)

- Jailbreak (11:00- 12:00)

- AWP/Scout (12:00- 1:00)

- GunGame (1:00- 2:00)

Feel free to posts any thoughts/question/comments/concerns below!

Tagging higher-ups: @@Gkoo @@Hidingmaster @@DarkWolf6052 @@HighSociety @@Forest @@serbiansnaga

Tagging active people: @@Genesis @@BaileyJay @@John @@xShadowSpyx @@DeathGod @@MrAwesome104 @@Yuno_Gasai @@TheKingBaby @@Rhoukar @@Drendan @@SyrJirk @@TurdWig

You can refer to the last Community Night I held in terms of servers. Don't. Do. Gungame. First.

Seriously, that shit is chaotic and crazy. Keep the competitive servers near the end of the server rotation when the numbers will slim down enough so it's not a total gong show.

I suggest Deathrun or Minigames to be up near the top, maybe even Jailbreak since they are more focused on having fun. Just my thoughts on it. Glad to see someone taking the initiative and hosting one, it's about time! :P

Ill give some more input later tonight when I got time.

But

Time is a little early imo. Thats 3pm where I live, maybe an hour or so later, although its just personal preference.

I highly suggest having a DM or DL there at all times, itll help keep everything in control, I should be able to attend so if you'd like put me down as a co-host.

Deathrun

Jailbreak

Minigames

Slide race..?

I think 8 pm eastern should be fair for anyone pacific time

Jailbreak shouldn't be included, if so do it all the way at the end. Imo community night are for having fun, but also populating the less used servers.

I think that it should be Deathrun, minigames, gungame, sliderace, then RPG Surf/ Jailbreak.

I can backup cohost, unless you don't get enough normal ones.

If hub is to be released this month as said, then we should do it the day it's released.

Here's my suggestion of servers.

1.) Deathrun

2.) Sliderace (only if possible, I know it's used for testing and shit)

3.) Minigames

4.) Gun Game

5.) AWP Scout

I suggest Jailbreak not to be included but if it is included, put it in like the middle of the list.

Also, I'd like to be a Backup Co-hosts.

1.) Deathrun

3.) Minigames

4.) Gun Game

5.) AWP Scout

I suggest Jailbreak not to be included but if it is included, put it in like the middle of the list.

Since apparently i didn't get to say this earlier, unless something fucked up..

I'd say put JB just before Gungame/AWPScout

Most familiar servers in a row, then the crappies!

1.) Deathrun

3.) Minigames

4.) Gun Game

5.) AWP Scout

Since apparently i didn't get to say this earlier, unless something fucked up..

I'd say put JB just before Gungame/AWPScout

Most familiar servers in a row, then the crappies!

We don't have problems populating JB, so its pointless adding something so familiar that you would play everyday

Maybe have an authorized DJ there to play some music? Also maybe there can be an emphasis on inviting your friends and sort of being an open house showcasing what the severs have to offer

Authorzied DJ, inviting friends, etc.

By all means, please invite your friends. One of the biggests parts of having a community night is to introduce new p,ayers to our servers, or to intriduce regulars to a server that they might rarely play on. Regarding th DJ, if we're going to even have one, I can almost guarantee that it's not going to be you. Tere would be fairly strict rules for said DJ, and I personally don't think a lot of peoplesould really want constant music.

@@Rhoukar yes, there will be trivia questions (xG-related only) which the prize will be 200 credits that will be given upon the release of hub.

I have also edited the server rotation, and I have decided that Jailbreak will most likely not be included in the community night, and if it is I would propose a mini late-nite jailbreak to start during the JB section of the community night. I also want to know how you guys felt about how long server rotation was. Was an hour too short or too long for you guys?

Proposed server roation:

- Deathrun (9:00-9:45)

- Minigames (9:45-11:00)

- AWP/Scout or JB (11:00-11:30/45)

- GunGame (11:30/45-12:00/12:30)

- Bhop (12:00/12:30-12:45/1:15)

Why are times so messy, should just be an hour each

Also, bhop and awpscout/Jb dont really fit community night well, should be replaced with buildwars and sliderace

Edit I guess not buildwars, since that was removed

We should either push awpscout to end or put TTT in there somewhere

• Who Viewed the Topic

2 members have viewed this topic:
    MrAwesome104 Brian