SpermytheCat

"Stairs" and "Ramps"?

Alright so this yesterday, everyone was having a grand old time on jb_avalanche. The warden ordered us all to "shift walk to the bottom of cell STAIRS," and I as a massive prick, started wandering aimlessly yelling "Tarp!" because there's a ramp, not stairs.

However, after I was inevitably freekilled, I talked to Warriorsfury asking for the warden to be slain for tarping before 5 and freekilling. Warrior said that stairs and ramp are one and the same and that it was basically right so don't get mad.

I'm not mad (I'm pretty mad) but I want Warrior to be wrong so could anyone clear up this rule?

This isnt official, but if you want to be technical yes they are different. As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to people wardening if they say stairs instead of ramp, or ramp instead of stairs, all the Ts already know what he's talking about(Everyone always goes there), the only people who yell tarp are people trying to troll the warden.

Well, I have quite honestly never seen that enforced as a tarp. They might as well be the same thing. T's should know what the warden means when the order is given. But, before I was a moderator I did hear admins say if they corrected themselves it was fine.

Warrior is sort of right... They aren't the same. But they are considered the same.

Well, I have quite honestly never seen that enforced as a tarp. They might as well be the same thing. T's should know what the warden means when the order is given. But, before I was a moderator I did hear admins say if they corrected themselves it was fine.

Warrior is sort of right... They aren't the same. But they are considered the same.

The thing is, despite multiple people screaming tarp, the warden never corrected himself. He stuck to "stairs," after repeating like 4 times.

They aren't the same thing, however this is really the most minor kind of tarp that could happen in my opinion, and it isn't even close to being slay worthy on its own. There would be a problem if the warden started killing people for being at the bottom of cell ramp instead of cell stairs and vice versa. If a T genuinely cannot understand warden's orders because he says ramp instead of stairs, then that T should probably just quit playing CS:S in general.

If the warden says something like that, I'd assume Ts know exactly what he's talking about, and just yell "TARP!" cause they just like to be dicks. It's hardly even a big deal assuming this is a puny (is it even a tarp? who the fuck cares, honestly) and i doubt anybody can ever be killed for it (Which map has a ramp/stairs?)

People keep confusing everyone making them think this is a tarp and I think it should be dealt with in the rules, unless i'm blind and can't see it..

Alright so this yesterday, everyone was having a grand old time on jb_avalanche. The warden ordered us all to "shift walk to the bottom of cell STAIRS," and I as a massive prick, started wandering aimlessly yelling "Tarp!" because there's a ramp, not stairs.

However, after I was inevitably freekilled, I talked to Warriorsfury asking for the warden to be slain for tarping before 5 and freekilling. Warrior said that stairs and ramp are one and the same and that it was basically right so don't get mad.

I'm not mad (I'm pretty mad) but I want Warrior to be wrong so could anyone clear up this rule?

My understanding is that stairs = ramp and ramp = stairs so long as both are not present such as in the castle guard map which isn't even on the CS:S and i can't think of one that has both off the top of my head right now.

Some maps use ramps, some use stairs. In all honesty, I think it's not too much of a tarp. Some people don't switch from map to map to say stairs or ramps.

Aren't they all basically a ramp?

I mean, put little dents in a ramp, its stairs. Smooth out the stairs, its a ramp.

My understanding is that stairs = ramp and ramp = stairs so long as both are not present such as in the castle guard map which isn't even on the CS:S and i can't think of one that has both off the top of my head right now.

matsi is spreading more lies! jb_castleguarddev (Counter-Strike: Source > Maps > Jail Break) - GAMEBANANA

matsi is spreading more lies! jb_castleguarddev (Counter-Strike: Source > Maps > Jail Break) - GAMEBANANA

for some reason the word server disappeared... it was supposed to say Isn't even on the CS:S server.... I meant we didnt have it on xG's CS:S JB server :P