Scootaloo

Slight issues with the TF2 Nintendo Server. Can they be fixed?

Hey there! I am new to this forum, but I have been frequenting the xG Nintendo server on TF2 for quite a while now as Scootaloo.

To begin, I just want to say that I love this server and the people I have met there. We have tons of fun and love to do random stuff while we play, but there are some things I feel that we should address.

For starters, the AFK timer is more often than not a pain in the neck. It's particularly bad when I have to leave my computer for less than a minute, be to monitor my daughter, grab a snack, or a quick bathroom break, only to come back to the TF2 launcher with the message "You have been kicked for being AFK too long." It's especially cumbersome when I have to sit through another pinion session before I can log back into the server.

I'd recommend that the current AFK timer be extended. It would help tremendously and not become an issue if it were extended from its current length (Which seems to be about 30 seconds) to a few minutes, at least.

Secondly, I'd like to address a few of the maps that are currently set in the map rotation of the server. We have a lot of REALLY good maps to play on, such as Clocktown, Minecraft Realms, Delfino Plaza, and Mariokart. But some of the others are downright awful, either for their level design or the inherent bugs and issues they have within them. For example, the Minecraft Skyloft map is very poorly designed and is very difficult to travel with certain classes, such as Scout. The Kakariko map has a spawn locking bug that completely prevents Blu from leaving spawn. Pretence is simply a nightmare. Duketown, while nostalgic, is VERY small and limits what we can do and usually turns into a spawncamp purgatory. These maps, if selected, are usually RTV'd as SOON as possible, because nobody really enjoys playing them longer than they have to.

For the sake of quality, I would suggest that Kakariko, Minecraft Skyloft, Pretence, and Duketown be taken completely out of the rotation and replaced with something else. Click Clock Wood was an excellent map that, with the exception of the annoying sound glitch with Gruntilda, ran VERY well and was adored by most of the players, especially for the shenanigans with the Beehive.

I implore you to take further action for the above issues to really make xG Nintendo Server the awesome server it can be. Speak with any of the frequents on your server and almost all of them will agree with everything I've said.

Thanks for your time!

For starters, the AFK timer is more often than not a pain in the neck. It's particularly bad when I have to leave my computer for less than a minute, be to monitor my daughter, grab a snack, or a quick bathroom break, only to come back to the TF2 launcher with the message "You have been kicked for being AFK too long." It's especially cumbersome when I have to sit through another pinion session before I can log back into the server.

I'd recommend that the current AFK timer be extended. It would help tremendously and not become an issue if it were extended from its current length (Which seems to be about 30 seconds) to a few minutes, at least.

I agree with this, I often go on this server to look for interesting trades, and when I /bp someone while I'm not in spawn, even if I hide somewhere, I usually get killed. Of course, I spawn after dying, but then strikes the AFK Manager. You can argue that I should move around when I hear myself die, but it becomes tedious when I have to close the backpack viewer to move, then wait for it to load again and scroll down to where I ended viewing. Although its avoidable, its not convinient. +1

Secondly, I'd like to address a few of the maps that are currently set in the map rotation of the server. We have a lot of REALLY good maps to play on, such as Clocktown, Minecraft Realms, Delfino Plaza, and Mariokart. But some of the others are downright awful, either for their level design or the inherent bugs and issues they have within them. For example, the Minecraft Skyloft map is very poorly designed and is very difficult to travel with certain classes, such as Scout. The Kakariko map has a spawn locking bug that completely prevents Blu from leaving spawn. Pretence is simply a nightmare. Duketown, while nostalgic, is VERY small and limits what we can do and usually turns into a spawncamp purgatory. These maps, if selected, are usually RTV'd as SOON as possible, because nobody really enjoys playing them longer than they have to.

For the sake of quality, I would suggest that Kakariko, Minecraft Skyloft, Pretence, and Duketown be taken completely out of the rotation and replaced with something else. Click Clock Wood was an excellent map that, with the exception of the annoying sound glitch with Gruntilda, ran VERY well and was adored by most of the players, especially for the shenanigans with the Beehive.

I also agree with this for the stated reasons.

@@Rhododendron @@HanYolo

Also.....can we has Click Clock Woods back? =3

It lags badly ask someone to put brushes over the entire map since it's one big model. It's calculating physic collisions and causing the server to lag horribly when 20 or more people are on it.

It lags badly ask someone to put brushes over the entire map since it's one big model. It's calculating physic collisions and causing the server to lag horribly when 20 or more people are on it.

I suppose that's true. All I know is that a lot of us REALLY miss that map. We loved having wars over the Beehive. Hopefully someone can rebrush it!

My solution.

Beg Brian to switch Too Much Citrus to Rotation.

Go on rotation.

Invite friends.

yay.

Happened before. We had rotation for around 2 months, and was only populated when asked. The Orange server at least gets six randoms every day or so.

my solution.

Beg Brian to switch Too Much Citrus to Not Enough Citrus.

Go on Not Enough Citrus.

People will realize how much they miss Citrus.

Too Much Citrus is now appreciated.

yay.

my solution.

Beg Brian to switch Too Much Citrus to Not Enough Citrus.

Go on Not Enough Citrus.

People will realize how much they miss Citrus.

Too Much Citrus is now appreciated.

yay.

My solution.

Ban bleed.