Hidingmaster

Adding New Plugins

I had come up with the idea of having a week/weekend in which we add a bunch of plugins to jailbreak and just try them out. At the end of the trial period, I thought we could take a poll on the forums to see which ones were enjoyed and should be kept. I messaged Darkwolf about this idea, but haven't heard back yet.

List of ones that were approved from alliedmods that look like they might be worth it:

Bounty - AlliedModders (Adds bounties that people can set using in game money)

Admin Sounds 1.2.2 - AlliedModders (Admin sounds.. not entirely sure what it does, but may be cool)

Admin Connect Message - AlliedModders (Announces the connection of an admin)

[CSS] Throwing Knives - AlliedModders (Throwing knives, people have been asking for these)

[CS:S] Tracer Effects v1.2.8 (Updated: 8/12/13) - AlliedModders (Tracers)

Vote Mute / Vote Silence 1.0.105 - AlliedModders (Vote gag/mute/silence)

Simple Spectate - AlliedModders (Allows you to spectate one player, follows them after death; Matsi wanted this)

[CS:S] Blackjack (Version 1.0) - Play blackjack while waiting for respawn! - AlliedModders (Blackjack, i know we had this before, but maybe this one will actually work)

Player's birthday. - AlliedModders (Just a dumb one, but stores a persons birthday and does something when it is their birthday)

[CS:S] Drop Money On Death - AlliedModders (Dropping money, should have this again with bombs)

[ANY] Advanced Voice Communications (Dead All Talk) - AlliedModders (Would be nice for timed mute/gag)

[CS:S] Jail Awards with credits system v1.2 - AlliedModders (Buy awards with credits)

[CSS] Hurt Effects [1.1] - AlliedModders (Adds realism when getting shot)

[CS:S] HeadShot Explode - AlliedModders (Player explodes when shot in the head)

Spectate Time - AlliedModders (Kicks people if the spectate too long; admins can have immunity and time can be adjusted)

[CS:S] Spectator List - AlliedModders (Lists who is spectating you)

Quiz Plugin v1.1 - AlliedModders (Quiz plugin, does quiz questions when people are dead that allows them to get money)

SM_GRINCH - AlliedModders (Plugin will change all models to the grinch; just something for the holidays)

@@DarkWolf6052 @@MegaRobin @@Gkoo

Let me know what you all think.

admin sounds is a nono because it is literally just a soundboard for admins, want to know why it is bad? go in teamspeak with some of the admins tomorrow afternoon, and hear the sound board spam. once it starts, it doesn't stop until the bans go out.

other than that, like jay said, almost all of these have been on the server before. grinch should even still be there in the "active" section, and not the disabled section from last christmas, since it is a cvar.

Some like Admin sounds, connect message, throwing knives, birthday, hurt effect and headshot are useless

Others sound fine to me, may make the server more fun or something. :P

Bounty - AlliedModders (Adds bounties that people can set using in game money)

Would be fun, but make sure you set it up in a way that isn't going to be shitty... like the bombs..

Admin Sounds 1.2.2 - AlliedModders (Admin sounds.. not entirely sure what it does, but may be cool)

Meh, I like HLDJ just fine.

Admin Connect Message - AlliedModders (Announces the connection of an admin)

DEFINITELY NOT... there's no reason to announce admins connecting other than to warn all the current rulebreakers to stop until the admin leaves.

[CSS] Throwing Knives - AlliedModders (Throwing knives, people have been asking for these)

The last time I saw this it was still buggy as fuck... seems like a fun thing but idk about always having it...

[CS:S] Tracer Effects v1.2.8 (Updated: 8/12/13) - AlliedModders (Tracers)

Would be cool to have.

Vote Mute / Vote Silence 1.0.105 - AlliedModders (Vote gag/mute/silence)

Will prolly get abused to fuck.

Simple Spectate - AlliedModders (Allows you to spectate one player, follows them after death; Matsi wanted this)

Obviously I want this, since i suggested it to you.... makes demoing rulebreakers a LOT easier

[CS:S] Blackjack (Version 1.0) - Play blackjack while waiting for respawn! - AlliedModders (Blackjack, i know we had this before, but maybe this one will actually work)

I remember using this to get my bomb money back on some servers xD it's great to play while waiting for stupid wardens like shadowspy to get the round ended... :p

Player's birthday. - AlliedModders (Just a dumb one, but stores a persons birthday and does something when it is their birthday)

Does it ban you for the day and tell you to go make real friends? Because it should.... who the fuck plays on xG on their birthday!?!?!?

[CS:S] Drop Money On Death - AlliedModders (Dropping money, should have this again with bombs)

IDK wtf this is but seems like it goes well with the bombs(fix the bombs btw so you cant have indefinite per map)

[ANY] Advanced Voice Communications (Dead All Talk) - AlliedModders (Would be nice for timed mute/gag)

I like this, though might have issues working with the current one, unless this can replace it entirely so that you can voice chat with the rest of the dead?

[CS:S] Jail Awards with credits system v1.2 - AlliedModders (Buy awards with credits)

!hub?

[CSS] Hurt Effects [1.1] - AlliedModders (Adds realism when getting shot)

gore?

[CS:S] HeadShot Explode - AlliedModders (Player explodes when shot in the head)

This sounds great!

Spectate Time - AlliedModders (Kicks people if the spectate too long; admins can have immunity and time can be adjusted)

I don't currently think this is an issue at all... tho a plugin that spectates you for being afk would be nice...

[CS:S] Spectator List - AlliedModders (Lists who is spectating you)

This seems like another one of those anti admin plugins... I don't see any reason for it.

Quiz Plugin v1.1 - AlliedModders (Quiz plugin, does quiz questions when people are dead that allows them to get money)

Fun :p

SM_GRINCH - AlliedModders (Plugin will change all models to the grinch; just something for the holidays)

lol... would be cooler if it had several holiday themed models to pick... Tho another plugin that would be cool is one for custom skins, and maybe some mod/admin skins?

@@Hidingmaster

hear the sound board spam. once it starts, it doesn't stop until the bans go out.

I dont remember once being banned for "sound board spamming" but i do remember being banned by you from joking around with orange juice by kicking him from a channel a few times. @@orangejuice

Still gotta get someone who knows what their doing to set this shit up so its not retarded, like the bounty and spectate thing.

Bounty was abused by mostly staff when I was here for it, kinda funny tbh. Do things like you can only set a bounty every certain number of rounds, and make it so it doesn't even give you that much.

With the spectate thing, i'm more then sure it can prevent a few people from cheating but you should figure out if admins or staff can set it so it does not show when they are spectating someone.

Other then that, models would be really nice to use. And I am also really looking forward to the tracers and shit.

They all seem fairly interesting...expect for the admin announcement - staff may go undercover- votekick, and the birthday. One thing about the birthday is that people with this plugin will probably set their birthday like the day after or in two days. Unless it has a one-time set thing - even that could cause problems with making higher-ups change people who flipped up- people will abuse it. Also, we have a very, very large staff base, granted inactive, but still. The vote kick/gag/mute is asking to be abused.

Vote mute/silence would be a great idea actually, maybe not the best to give it out to random trolls, but to xG Members, or even non-members (Only if they play regularly), just so they can have a little authority...

Vote mute/silence would be a great idea actually, maybe not the best to give it out to random trolls, but to xG Members, or even non-members (Only if they play regularly), just so they can have a little authority...

as far as I know, it would be pretty damn difficult to give to to every single xG player or non-member unless there were some actual rank for xG members on the servers

as far as I know, it would be pretty damn difficult to give to to every single xG player or non-member unless there were some actual rank for xG members on the servers

Well we don't have to do it for EVERY SINGLE XG MEMBER, but just active ones, like Jeeblez, or forest fire, active ones that aren't mod+.