Guest Jie321

What Are The Things That Are Flawed In Xg Gaming?

Warrior, if our staff dont bicker and argue then, we are not doing our job to improve the servers. We need opinions to innovate what is already there. JB really needs to be innovated but i havn't found anything, if you ask for change the you better fucking help look for it cuz if you just sit around nothing will happen.

~if i get any ideas i'll be sure to post something about them

What are the flaws with xG?

1. No one wants to do anything themselves to better xG, it's all about what they can get in return.

I'll explain. There has been nothing innovative in XenoGamers that people implement to XenoGamers, or new ideas that people just do for the betterment.

Here's an easy example.

Community Nights - Super easy to do, no one has the initiative to do it. The idea that Rpgs had thought of that him and I implemented was every week we choose a random server to go on, and invite a group of people, invite them to TS and tell their friends about it, and I'd be giving away free credits.

Did everyone get credits? No. Did everyone have fun? Yes. Did people meet new people? Yes.

This is the biggest problem since when I was Co-leader, not just me but we had people who actually cared about the community. Did I have to do community night? Absolutely not, I coulda played games I actually wanted, but this was planned to be a weekly thing but when I left, I didn't think people would think of excuses to not keep Community Night going. There is no fucking reason to not do it every week, since it's easy to get a few admins to administrate since they'll want to be there and have fun. You don't need some "permission" from a co-leader or leader to do this, just tell your friends and post a thread. You don't even need to give out credits, just give out a reason for members to meet staff and each other, and just enjoy servers that might not be played so often.

Tl;Dr = Community nights are easy but staff or people who "care" about the community don't want to do it because they personally have nothing to gain.

2. Staff don't talk to each other well, and forums are not regulated well.

There's been so many times where staff disagreed with something a higher up has changed, and either the lower staff wouldn't implement this rule which would cause huge confusion over servers, or they would just be pissed about it. This is a gaming community, this shit should not be happening in such a developed community. Staff should ALL be discussed for the most part for new rules that might have dispute over it. Why are Divs implementing rules that admins and mods don't agree with? Easiest example was the dumbass rule over staff having to be in teamspeak while they are in server, and they can't be muted. This was such a dumb rule, and on top of that staff were to be punished over such a rule. This shit should not be happening, discuss it with staff, post it on forums and get the communities opinion on such changes.

Tl;dr = Staff don't communicate well, and many disputes happen that shouldn't happen.

Forums not being updated is a 2 parter.

I. There are many rules (age wise, teamspeak being mandatory etc) that I myself put on as the rules. So many people get accepted into the clan without passing qualifications because

A) People who accept don't know the rules and just assume they know.

B) They like the person and don't care if they don't qualify 100%

If you want some of these rules changed, if you discussed with others, implement the change on the actual appropriate areas, and bold the change with a timestamp. This will avoid confusion and weed out the 13 year olds who never use their mic and get +1's from people who +1 everyone.

Tl;dr = Update and keep up your knowledge on the rules/guidelines of forums and applications.

II. The main threads like jobs of staff, which I wrote about every staff position except DM who wasn't there when I was Co-leader, should have been updated months ago. Why can't div's just add a little description to it to say what DM's are supposed to do? Do you think it's stickied to remind people who I am? No, it's thread has an actual purpose, if you're staff, act like it.

Another part to this, is that no one bothers to make helpful threads for new members, or has any new ideas to get the community involved. The forums have huge amounts of traffic every day, why not take advantage of it? The sticky threads should not be things that are over a year old and nothing more.

Tl;dr = Update forums with current stuff, sticky important matters.

There is much more to this I can add that I've seen this past year as a non-member, and I'll add to this later after thinking of how to word them.

1. No one wants to do anything themselves to better xG, it's all about what they can get in return.

I'll explain. There has been nothing innovative in XenoGamers that people implement to XenoGamers, or new ideas that people just do for the betterment.

Here's an easy example.

Community Nights - Super easy to do, no one has the initiative to do it. The idea that Rpgs had thought of that him and I implemented was every week we choose a random server to go on, and invite a group of people, invite them to TS and tell their friends about it, and I'd be giving away free credits.

Did everyone get credits? No. Did everyone have fun? Yes. Did people meet new people? Yes.

This is the biggest problem since when I was Co-leader, not just me but we had people who actually cared about the community. Did I have to do community night? Absolutely not, I coulda played games I actually wanted, but this was planned to be a weekly thing but when I left, I didn't think people would think of excuses to not keep Community Night going. There is no fudgeing reason to not do it every week, since it's easy to get a few admins to administrate since they'll want to be there and have fun. You don't need some "permission" from a co-leader or leader to do this, just tell your friends and post a thread. You don't even need to give out credits, just give out a reason for members to meet staff and each other, and just enjoy servers that might not be played so often.

Tl;Dr = Community nights are easy but staff or people who "care" about the community don't want to do it because they personally have nothing to gain.

There's been so many times where staff disagreed with something a higher up has changed, and either the lower staff wouldn't implement this rule which would cause huge confusion over servers, or they would just be pissed about it. This is a gaming community, this poo should not be happening in such a developed community. Staff should ALL be discussed for the most part for new rules that might have dispute over it. Why are Divs implementing rules that admins and mods don't agree with? Easiest example was the dumbass rule over staff having to be in teamspeak while they are in server, and they can't be muted. This was such a dumb rule, and on top of that staff were to be punished over such a rule. This poo should not be happening, discuss it with staff, post it on forums and get the communities opinion on such changes.

Tl;dr = Staff don't communicate well, and many disputes happen that shouldn't happen.

I. There are many rules (age wise, teamspeak being mandatory etc) that I myself put on as the rules. So many people get accepted into the clan without passing qualifications because

If you want some of these rules changed, if you discussed with others, implement the change on the actual appropriate areas, and bold the change with a timestamp. This will avoid confusion and weed out the 13 year olds who never use their mic and get +1's from people who +1 everyone.

Tl;dr = Update and keep up your knowledge on the rules/guidelines of forums and applications.

II. The main threads like jobs of staff, which I wrote about every staff position except DM who wasn't there when I was Co-leader, should have been updated months ago. Why can't div's just add a little description to it to say what DM's are supposed to do? Do you think it's stickied to remind people who I am? No, it's thread has an actual purpose, if you're staff, act like it.

Another part to this, is that no one bothers to make helpful threads for new members, or has any new ideas to get the community involved. The forums have huge amounts of traffic every day, why not take advantage of it? The sticky threads should not be things that are over a year old and nothing more.

There is much more to this I can add that I've seen this past year as a non-member, and I'll add to this later after thinking of how to word them.

I agree with all of this. Especially 2 and 3. I've had problems where I'm in server and I punish for such and such but didn't do it in such a way that apparently a DM or something had said "had to be done" on some forum thread that I never read. Then because I didn't know this I was getting pissed at just because I never read one article and rules weren't updated or staff wasn't told of updated rules. (I'm planning on writing a comprehensive new MOTD server and forum wide for COs and DLs to look at and, if needed, can use.) Also, the roster gets so outdated I never know who is in or out. And I'm also tired of having little kids on. Age limit definitely needs to be enforced.

Here's an easy example.

This is the biggest problem since when I was Co-leader, not just me but we had people who actually cared about the community. Did I have to do community night? Absolutely not, I coulda played games I actually wanted, but this was planned to be a weekly thing but when I left, I didn't think people would think of excuses to not keep Community Night going. There is no fudgeing reason to not do it every week, since it's easy to get a few admins to administrate since they'll want to be there and have fun. You don't need some "permission" from a co-leader or leader to do this, just tell your friends and post a thread. You don't even need to give out credits, just give out a reason for members to meet staff and each other, and just enjoy servers that might not be played so often.

There's been so many times where staff disagreed with something a higher up has changed, and either the lower staff wouldn't implement this rule which would cause huge confusion over servers, or they would just be pissed about it. This is a gaming community, this poo should not be happening in such a developed community. Staff should ALL be discussed for the most part for new rules that might have dispute over it. Why are Divs implementing rules that admins and mods don't agree with? Easiest example was the dumbass rule over staff having to be in teamspeak while they are in server, and they can't be muted. This was such a dumb rule, and on top of that staff were to be punished over such a rule. This poo should not be happening, discuss it with staff, post it on forums and get the communities opinion on such changes.

1) You're not the only one who has suggested community nights (someone who has held high positions), and there have been attempts to get it started again in various way yet nobody stuck to those either. I think it would be good to figure out something to do for this, at least once a week that could vary across our different games. (Do l4d2 one week, CSS the next, etc)

2a) For CSS I know that was a huge problem a month or two ago, but I would like to make sure that any changes in rules are discussed among everyone first. Nothing has really come up for us to change though, so we'll see how it goes when it comes up.

2b) I had started to notice that many of the stickied threads we're really outdated and we're practically irrelevant now. For CSS related stuff we'll go through it and revamp a lot of it including adding a proper thread for punishments @@DCook

Thanks link for the input though.

I've got some ideas to improve the xG CSS community...

Just link Link said! We need to start getting the community together and start doing some sort of community night... Weather it be everyone going to Minigames, or everyone going to Surf, small things like this can get a community together... For example; Every Saturday night at 8:00 PM EST populate Minigames/Surf.

Just doing something other than the same old JB we always do. What's the point of having a other servers on CSS If nobody ever fudging plays on them!? Or have some special event on JB, I don't fucking know! Think on an idea, post it in CSS General, get people to come have fun! Or even get people to come play on a different game, CSS gamers don't have to only play on CSS JB, they can all go on GMOD TTT, or TF2 JB. It shouldn't be that hard

@@Link!

You have to kiss so much ass to get advancement in css its not even funny. Some staff waited many months and years to get admin where other people jsut kissed ass got admin in like a fucking month. Hell people have gotten staff without even being in the clan with that div. The staff is a large problem for css, you got staff who are active but don't do their jobs then you got the good staff members who have been on for 2 years and they are rarely on. And all the clan does is fight with each other.

You have to kiss so much ass to get advancement in css its not even funny. Some staff waited many months and years to get admin where other people jsut kissed ass got admin in like a fudgeing month. Hell people have gotten staff without even being in the clan with that div. The staff is a large problem for css, you got staff who are active but don't do their jobs then you got the good staff members who have been on for 2 years and they are rarely on. And all the clan does is fight with each other.

@@Tsuchikure

I know staff that are active, that are accused of being inactive just because they don't play the same time as the main Divs or Admins who are friends with each other. You can easily go and check recent logged hours on ranks but no one cares too. Staff has fallen so far, it's hard to care about xG when if you're not liked by your divisions leaders, you might not get anywhere. I shoulda done the "reset everyone's ranks except co-leader" thing that silence offered me back in the day, woulda probably solved alot of issues. Oh well. The community will get better and prosper if the members and staff allow it, it's that simple.

What I hate the most is how divided some of the clan is. I think in TF2 there is a group of a couple people that stick together and never talk to the rest, but other than that, the majority do talk to each other. There are a bunch of other groups who never come out of a certain room and only talk to a select few people. This "clique" shit we got going on will not help the clan in the long run, community nights may help, but I feel the ones that stick to the same room every single day in teamspeak will be the ones not coming into the server.