Counter-Strike: Source

Staff Name:

Speedlimit

Staff's Steam ID:

idk

Evidence:

[MEDIA=imgur]RKhSZIf[/MEDIA]

Further Information:

This is a very bad attitude for a staff member to be showing, and this is something that should be fixed. joking with friends is one thing, but when you make a ban or something of that sort, you should show nothing but a professional attitude.

further further information: the ban is for "freekilling" which I believe is invalid, because the order was to guncheck freeze, which we all know means face opposite of the cells, and trin and speed were facing to the right so i went by and popped them. he immediately banned me for a day, no asking a question, and no slay for the offense if it was a freekill iin the first place.

Guncheck Freeze*: This is an AFK freeze performed immediately at directly outside cells. Unless stated otherwise it is implied to face AWAY from cells.

in this sentence defining a gun check freeze, the word AWAY is used and capitalized, using this sentence we can LOGICALLY INFER that AWAY implies that you are facing the OPPOSITE DIRECTION as described in an explanation i gave speed after he banned me in dead chat. immediately after explained and EVERYONE ELSE DEAD WHO I KILLED WITH A TROLL ORDER (yet not entirely a tarp) was questioning why he banned me and agreed with the explanation I gave.

please banerino

The face away thing is iffy for me... I like to be a smartass and face away from my cell tot he side but I expect to get killed for doing so and wouldn't really consider it a freekill... and if it was a freekill I don't think a day ban would be needed, just a slay... and certainly not a ban reason of "...fag"

From what I've seen on the server, if you can see any part of your own cell (or cell block itself) then you are facing cells and should be killed for doing so (assuming it was going against warden's orders). For example, when warden says "face cells at all times" it's always been enforced that if you can see cells even just the smallest amount, then you are facing cells. The moment that you can no longer see cells on your screen, you are no longer facing cells. This is why a lot of admins/mods warn CT's to be careful who they kill for not facing cells because the CT's cannot see what the T's are seeing, as they could be facing cells without the CT's realizing. To be honest, I'm kinda stuck in the middle on this one. While Speed might have been genuinely facing away but Chrono couldn't tell as he can't see Speed's screen, Trin could have very easily been facing his cell for all we know. The info at the time wouldn't have been enough for a ban to be honest, so Speedlimit was definately a little hasty in banning Chrono so quickly, and the "fag" added at the end of the ban doesn't really help his case either.

TL;DR: lol fuck you read the whole thing.

to continue on with this thread, as this was another recent incident (i just got home from going out to get chinese with the gf) I refreshed the ct ban list, to see any new bans as I usually do and if I need to change any fuck ups (perm ban reason 1440).

[MEDIA=imgur]lMuUSzy[/MEDIA] I saw this. the original ban reason states it was for "gunplanting" now i'm not sure about what happened in server, so you will have to hear his testimony on it first, but assuming the ban is valid (he got slayed the first time, and kept doing it after)

Why are you then going and reducing your original 1 day ban (the proper ban length, as defined in the CS:GO proper punishments thread that was mutually accepted as a legitimate ban time for both jb servers by the at the time div leaders of myself, nova, (pretty sure it was still poncher, if not then he was co as well, and he approved it as a guide for CS:S as well, it never got moved because we are lazy) and taking it down to a 1 hour ban because you "changed your mind about the ban time"?

dumb reason to slay, chrono was being a nazi, stupid nazi ban too, speed make sure to question and make sure you're in the right before making any bans. full transparency is needed.