John_Madden

Let's Diversify Our Activity!

Let's become more active?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Let's become more active?

• Yes
    • No
    • Where's Muffin? What did you with him?

Note: I'm not blasting anyone, but trying to rally all of us to start getting active on other servers. It's not that big of a concern, but it's one we should try to avoid!

I have noticed that we have a lot of members and staff who are active on one server or game type (i.e. Jailbreak, Trade) and aren't as active on another type of server xG has set up for the TF2 Division!

My main concern is mod spam! What is mod spam? When more than one mod is on one server while the other servers lack a staff member.

Why is this a concern you say? Well for one, having one server populated with staff members while the other doesn't help xG's clan image. I have noticed Jailbreak #1 populated with Six Staff members all at one time. Is this good? In some way yes, but it would be awesome if instead of spamming mods on one server we can diversify our activity.

What brought this to my attention was a post here on forums (won't mention him) from someone who populated Deathrun and noticed no staff members were on. Having an entire divisions staff and members who populate xG servers of TF2 would help recruit more members and give off a better vibe and look on what xG is based on, a clan that welcomes all (except SNG huehue) and show that xG and it's staff members care for it's diverse population! Regular non-staff members this helps you too if you want to become staff! By becoming more active on other servers you show that you are ready, willing, and able to visit our other servers and being more active presents yourself in a more positive light!

So let's get diverse in our activity staff and non-staff, let's start populating our other servers!

As always comments/opinions are welcome! :coffee:

Another tryhard shitposts, gg

How so? This is a productive thread Origins made to show his concern over mods only populating a single server.

Please refrain from sh!tposting or starting conversations.

Also the answer to "Where is Muffin? What have you done with him?" is "playing payday and being a Canadian"

Tagging people: @StarmiX @SpeedOfFreedom @ThanatosTelos @Bell @Nora @Barmithian @kbraszzz @Rfivealive555 @Theneva (<-the almighty knowledgeable one)

i have my reason not to go on jb but i do go on the other server like pkmn, trade history etc but i do agree that some server can get over populated with mods and some with no mods at all

We could add a !servers advertisement message that plays periodically on every server, we have it on a couple of servers but not all of them. There are a lot of people who go on jailbreak, and only ever go on jailbreak. That is obviously to be expected, as jb #1 and #2 are our most popular tf2 servers, but there are some people who go on that don't even realise we have other servers.

There is a reason for the 'Mod Spam' issue that you pointed out, jailbreak is our most popular server and alot of our mods were promoted from playing on it. You can see on Muffin's staff list thread that half of the tf2 staff is made up of people who hail from jailbreak, and most of them rarely go on any other of our servers regularly. You made a point that staff should branch out to other severs, which would be nice, however this is a gaming clan. People will go on servers which they find fun, and the people who play on jailbreak enough to make staff obviously find it fun.

We need to focus not only on our current staff branching out to our other servers, but also we also need to promote the active people on some of our less popular servers. When you go on Saxton hale or Deathrun or Nintendo trade, tell people that we have a website @ xenogamers.com and that they should apply for membership.

Jailbreak server 1 > jailbreak server 2 !

anyways yes i do agree having our mods spread evenly out over the servers.

What i think should happen are game specific mods.

What are Game Specific mods?

These are mods that SPEND MOST of their time on that 1 server (ie: Jailbreak,Saxxton,DR,trade)

Ex:

[insert random mod name] will be a mod for Jailbreak 1, he/she can still go on jailbreak 2, DR, Saxton, trade but should be spending most of his/her time moderating Jailbreak 1.

[insert random mod name] will be a mod for Jailbreak 2, he/she can still go on jailbreak 1, DR, Saxton, trade but should be spending most of his/her time moderating Jailbreak 2.

and so on