John_Madden

Donator Rules Proposal (and Suggestions) Thread

As we have no (or I haven't seen any, if there are any then gg @me) rules regarding Donator perks, I believe this is warranted.

Since it's inception (insert Inception Bwong here), I have noticed the voting system being abused to start unnesecary votes, using all chat (or /csay) used too much for the wrong reasons, and most recently boss spawning used to the point of exaggeration.

Yes, I know what you're thinking "John Madden, you're no fun. just shut the hell up and play the game." (>inb4) But it's starting to become a concern that some of these perks used to be/still are staff powers, such starting votes and all chat/ csay are being abused and may affect the quality of game play/ server experience for people who are new or have frequented our community's servers/forums.

Here are some of the rules that I think should be added. (Suggestions from everyone else are welcomed):

• Use vote system only to vote for boss spawning (IDK, someone add more that could affect other players)
  • Do not spawn more than 1 boss or 10 skeletons at a time.
  • Do not use No Clip perk (Unless you RTD'd to get No Clip) to kill other people or (for engineers) spawn buildings
  • Do not use /csay for everything! Only use it to point out rule breakers (Can't think how else it can be used other than this one)

Any suggestions/comments/opinions are welcomed.

@Kbwaszzz @kbraszzz @Vector @ShockeDeel @TheTheRejects @BonfireCentipede @Nomulous

EDIT: Keep it clean people. Don't start flame wars and don't shitpost.

• Use vote system only to vote for boss spawning (IDK, someone add more that could affect other players) Meh, sometimes the votes are funny and don't harm the server. Kbraszz already has a recommendation of no more than one vote per round (Objective)/10 mins. (Trade) Maybe a rule of no trollbait/explicit votes?
  • Do not spawn more than 1 boss or 10 skeletons at a time. Seconding the shit outta this. +1,+1, and +1.
  • Do not use No Clip to kill other people or (for engineers) spawn buildings Already a rule. Doing this is counted as abuse and if there's proof, user can be warned and then stripped of perks.
  • Do not use /csay for everything! Only use it to point out rule breakers (Can't think how else it can be used) Staff use /csay all the time for communications and stuff (ie jokes/opinion, responding to friends, non-server related stuff that don't involve staff duties and it's fine in most cases. (except ghosting, but that's in the server rules already.)

Any suggestions/comments/opinions are welcomed.

Anyway, here are my suggestions:

• No Powerplay except on trade servers.
  • If you use !betheghost and you're the last one alive in an objective game mode, you must slay yourself.
  • No using the !behhh or !bemerasmus command to become a server boss (i.e. fighting people) unless there's a vote, and since hhh is glitched to switch him to blue, you may not kill people with it.
  • No spawning bosses on larger, more problematic maps, since it crashes the server. (Trade OOT, Minecraft towns, etc)
  • No spawning bosses on JB unless it's a freeday + vote or for lr. You may deny lr if you don't want to spawn them, like admins+ can. Staff can also stop you from doing so.

Just my two cents, @kbraszzz and @John_Madden

hmm. a rule where you can only spawn bosses once every 30 minutes.

If the vote is fine and the vote every 10mins rule was implemented, boss spamming would not be an issue.

Yay I got tagged! Okay, so: Basically I agree with everything except "Do not spawn more than 1 boss or 10 skeletons at a time.".Why? Well.. I saw it today, I spawned the hhh. 20 people were on pokemon and they almost killed him while he was spawning. The rest is fine.. :)

I like both the rules suggestions i don't think we need a time the vote system needs to be locked in stone no spawning without a vote, and i do like the max of 10 skellys i don't see a problem with these rules

Over in my domain, I don't really enjoy when people use the ghost command or the resize me. If possible, can we keep donator perks to a minimum on VSH? Like, if someone wants to spawn a boss bc everyone

thinks it's fun then that's fine with me. I just don't like when people minimize themselves/ghost themselves and fly around until the end of te round.