Hidingmaster

Cs:s Operation Revitalization

I would also like to see something like @Forest 's suggestion in a previous thread, something of a schedule type of thing where we would all hop on at a designated time and/or date. ie. every day at, say, 6:00 PM we would all get on JB or MG and play.

+1 what if we get back some other servers like comp or regular css, i see lots of populated servers but stock configs with admin plugins to run it and maybe custom models sounds etc , and those servers are usually full all day long why not get 1 or 2 add the !servers and chat adverts to other servers and it will grow again

Why is it that the only thing that didn't require solely bleed (le developing) is the one thing not completed by the due date? @Hidingmaster @Bleed

Posting a second post since this one is gonna be a lot of explanation on my rant/rage.

"Im confused what the big deal is? I cant delegate something that requires all three DM's. And none of this is bleeds responsibility, he is just kind enough to be on top of things." - Hidingmaster 2k14

Well to put it plainly, you're right. none of this is bleed's responsibility, and yes he is kind enough to be on top of the shit that he is doing. But tell me, of the list of things that are up there, which of them require pretty decent (when i say decent i mean a basic/intermediate knowledge of coding languages such as C# C++ and then learning how pawn works. not a shitty html mark-up, which i highly doubt anyone other than a few in xg could even do that.).... Oh wait, every single one of them except for re-writing the motd to be less hitler does. which really just means delete half the stupid shit in there and tell the staff that aren't inactive to stop being hitler, and as for the inactive staff just fucking demote them already

If you really wanted to actually rewrite the motd to be less fucking stupid. delete the whole thing, get the basics in, and then add in some of the fun stuff that we do on our server. let the admins do their job and use common fucking sense and figure out what should be allowed and what not. instead of a specific list of every single thing possible that you want and every possible way to do something else is bannable.

In fact, why not just use the read only copy of the CS:GO MotD that bleed gave you and edit it to work for CS:S. here's a hint, all you have to do is change the times and add maybe a game or 2 that we dont have (easter egg since you can drop nades.)

Why i say that it is ridiculous that this is not completed by the due-date and outraged that you didn't do it ahead of time, or delegate it out to the other dms or hell even other division leaders for other divs like CS:GO (asking politely) since we play css too and came from css (or started css shortly after becoming staff) and know how it should work since jailbreak is essentially the same (minor differences)??

using you, cristo, and drlee as an example as the DMs of CS:S this is similar to what we did in csgo to make it fast and easy.

You get 1 person to "re-write" the motd, in a google doc, you then send it on to the next person (say it started with you hiding, and you send it to drlee) he then reads over your motd for css, he will then using a different color make any additions to it that he wants to add, and put a strike-through anything he wants to be removed. drlee then sends it on to cristo, who does the exact same fucking thing as drlee but in a different color, then you have all of your changes, you get together in TS for 5 minutes after all reading cristo's final version and talk out any disagreements with the motd.

Was that so hard? it would have taken you literally 1-2 days to complete the entire cycle. I only say 1-2 days because you are literally never on. you hidingmaster. cristo and drlee are on everyday and they both talk quite often, seeing as we all play comp atleast 1 time a day. but you, you come on the forums maybe 1 time a day at obscure times if we are lucky, typically you will be mia for 2-3 days, and then come on at an obscure hour of the night and make a couple posts and disappear again for a few days to return at another obscure hour.

So. To re-cap, the only thing you were capable of doing is the one single item on the list with a due date that is passed that has not been completed

End of rant.

Posting a second post since this one is gonna be a lot of explanation on my rant/rage.

"Im confused what the big deal is? I cant delegate something that requires all three DM's. And none of this is bleeds responsibility, he is just kind enough to be on top of things." - Hidingmaster 2k14

Well to put it plainly, you're right. none of this is bleed's responsibility, and yes he is kind enough to be on top of the steaming pantload that he is doing. But tell me, of the list of things that are up there, which of them require pretty decent (when i say decent i mean a basic/intermediate knowledge of coding languages such as C# C++ and then learning how pawn works. not a shitty html mark-up, which i highly doubt anyone other than a few in xg could even do that.).... Oh wait, every single one of them except for re-writing the motd to be less hitler does. which really just means delete half the stupid steaming pantload in there and tell the staff that aren't inactive to stop being hitler, and as for the inactive staff just fudgeing demote them already

If you really wanted to actually rewrite the motd to be less fudgeing stupid. delete the whole thing, get the basics in, and then add in some of the fun stuff that we do on our server. let the admins do their job and use common fudgeing sense and figure out what should be allowed and what not. instead of a specific list of every single thing possible that you want and every possible way to do something else is bannable.

In fact, why not just use the read only copy of the CS:GO MotD that bleed gave you and edit it to work for CS:S. here's a hint, all you have to do is change the times and add maybe a game or 2 that we dont have (easter egg since you can drop nades.)

Why i say that it is ridiculous that this is not completed by the due-date and outraged that you didn't do it ahead of time, or delegate it out to the other dms or hell even other division leaders for other divs like CS:GO (asking politely) since we play css too and came from css (or started css shortly after becoming staff) and know how it should work since jailbreak is essentially the same (minor differences)??

using you, cristo, and drlee as an example as the DMs of CS:S this is similar to what we did in csgo to make it fast and easy.

You get 1 person to "re-write" the motd, in a google doc, you then send it on to the next person (say it started with you hiding, and you send it to drlee) he then reads over your motd for css, he will then using a different color make any additions to it that he wants to add, and put a strike-through anything he wants to be removed. drlee then sends it on to cristo, who does the exact same fudgeing thing as drlee but in a different color, then you have all of your changes, you get together in TS for 5 minutes after all reading cristo's final version and talk out any disagreements with the motd.

Was that so hard? it would have taken you literally 1-2 days to complete the entire cycle. I only say 1-2 days because you are literally never on. you hidingmaster. cristo and drlee are on everyday and they both talk quite often, seeing as we all play comp atleast 1 time a day. but you, you come on the forums maybe 1 time a day at obscure times if we are lucky, typically you will be mia for 2-3 days, and then come on at an obscure hour of the night and make a couple posts and disappear again for a few days to return at another obscure hour.

So. To re-cap, the only thing you were capable of doing is the one single item on the list with a due date that is passed that has not been completed

End of rant.

Assuming makes you look really bad.

First off I check the forums at least once a day, and have for the last several years. Just because I don't post doesn't mean i dont get on, I post when I see something that requires attention. If you really care that much go ahead and sit on the forums all day and see when I am online. I get on when I wake up, get on the train, get home, and generally right before I go to bed. Its a bunch of bullshit to call me out for something you have no idea about.

And i'm on steam nearly every day answering people's questions and chatting with css members. When I look to join a css server its empty, not something I can really help. I know I can sit in there and wait for people, but I have don't have patience to be waiting in a lobby for an hour for people to get on. When the server is populated, I hop on right away. Just because im not visible to you doesn't mean im not here.

You were all for the transition of CS:S to CS:GO and now we decide to make CS:S work and all of a sudden you become critical and upset about one thing not getting done on the exact date? Wow.

Stop trying to start something and make this a bigger deal than it should be. I went out of my way to do something for the community and all you are doing is trying to shut it down, thanks a lot.

When I look to join a css server its empty, not something I can really help. I know I can sit in there and wait for people, but I have don't have patience to be waiting in a lobby for an hour for people to get on. When the server is populated, I hop on right away.

10/10 mentality will get servers populated.

Edit:

This isn't just your mentality, its the community as a whole. No one wants to be the first person on, so no one goes on. Its one reason I don't think this will be successful.

Assuming makes you look really bad.

First off I check the forums at least once a day, and have for the last several years. Just because I don't post doesn't mean i dont get on, I post when I see something that requires attention. If you really care that much go ahead and sit on the forums all day and see when I am online. I get on when I wake up, get on the train, get home, and generally right before I go to bed. Its a bunch of bullshit to call me out for something you have no idea about.

And i'm on steam nearly every day answering people's questions and chatting with css members. When I look to join a css server its empty, not something I can really help. I know I can sit in there and wait for people, but I have don't have patience to be waiting in a lobby for an hour for people to get on. When the server is populated, I hop on right away. Just because im not visible to you doesn't mean im not here.

You were all for the transition of CS:S to CS:GO and now we decide to make CS:S work and all of a sudden you become critical and upset about one thing not getting done on the exact date? Wow.

Stop trying to start something and make this a bigger deal than it should be. I went out of my way to do something for the community and all you are doing is trying to shut it down, thanks a lot.

I'm critical about the one thing that is not completed by the specified date it would be completed because it is the one thing that does not require bleed to do 90% of the work. You so aptly put up a list of things that may end up re-populating the servers that require most of the work to be done by nomulous, silence, or bleed. seeing as the first 2 dont give a rats ass about css or csgo for that matter, silence openly stating it, and nomulous joining in on the false promise train (hub 5 min). you knew that bleed would be the only one capable of doing it, and the only person willing to do it.

Congratulations, you say you check the forums! and every day! great, your posts are spread apart like i said, a couple posts one day, disappear for 2 days. except for today and yesterday. while you may be on steam and talking to people, your mentality for how to fix the css server population just makes it seem like you dont actually care whether it works or not, by not taking the time to sit on the empty server and watch a movie while tabbed out or something of the sorts (doing homework was my favorite choice) when this whole reason it wasnt scrapped in favor of a newer model was to try to populate it. but it's ok, you don't have the patience to do what your final decision was for. (your final decision because we know how almost everyone other than you and the 5-10 other non-higher-ups/newer players who aren't ready to change people who posted in agreeance to you said)

again, to sum it up, You made the call to keep css, you created a list of things to do to "fix" css and everything on that list is something that you realistically cannot do, the one thing you can do you did not do, and then you admit to having the lack of motivation to populate the server you decided to keep.

My beef isn't that your ideas are good or bad, but that your ideas are something that you do not plan on doing, but having someone else with the knowledge do. go back and read them over, and tell me, what of them could you REALISTICALLY do yourself within the timeframe you gave. your mentality towards it and lack of trying to populate it is depressing as well. If I were to say that I wanted to improve CS:GO to a massive extent then I would probably create a list similar, but I would put it as things to be done in the future and then talk it over with bleed since he would be doing a pretty hefty chunk of the work, as well as learn more to be able to assist him in any way possible, I would also realistically limit it down on what I want him to do (want, not expect) and give him a lot of leeway towards how or when it gets done since he would be doing the majority of the work. and anything i can do stuff to (whether it be mspaint, audio editing, or fixing up the rules) I would take my free-time between an 8.5-12 hour work day 5 days a week, and a 10 hour school day the other 2, and actually do it.

I'm critical about the one thing that is not completed by the specified date it would be completed because it is the one thing that does not require bleed to do 90% of the work. You so aptly put up a list of things that may end up re-populating the servers that require most of the work to be done by nomulous, silence, or bleed. seeing as the first 2 dont give a rats ass about css or csgo for that matter, silence openly stating it, and nomulous joining in on the false promise train (hub 5 min). you knew that bleed would be the only one capable of doing it, and the only person willing to do it.

Congratulations, you say you check the forums! and every day! great, your posts are spread apart like i said, a couple posts one day, disappear for 2 days. except for today and yesterday. while you may be on steam and talking to people, your mentality for how to fix the css server population just makes it seem like you dont actually care whether it works or not, by not taking the time to sit on the empty server and watch a movie while tabbed out or something of the sorts (doing homework was my favorite choice) when this whole reason it wasnt scrapped in favor of a newer model was to try to populate it. but it's ok, you don't have the patience to do what your final decision was for. (your final decision because we know how almost everyone other than you and the 5-10 other non-higher-ups/newer players who aren't ready to change people who posted in agreeance to you said)

again, to sum it up, You made the call to keep css, you created a list of things to do to "fix" css and everything on that list is something that you realistically cannot do, the one thing you can do you did not do, and then you admit to having the lack of motivation to populate the server you decided to keep.

Im sorry you have trouble believing in something other than CS:GO. It wasn't just my final decision, it was multiple people. Everything on this list was mentioned at least once in the last few months and multiple times over the years, except for a few minor things. They are far from impossible to do, and in fact, several of them can be done by Dr. Lee since he still has powers.

There's two types of people. Those who try and may fail, and those who won't try because they might fail. I think the community and CS:S members appreciate somebody trying rather than complaining and not doing anything to help situation.

And in no way to I "expect" Bleed to do anything for CS:S. I sure hope he does, but its in his hands whether or not he has time or the energy to do it. At anytime he could have said "nope, not happening", but he hasn't. If we don't get things on the list done, so be it, but I sure in the hell tried something.