Vector

Let Me Clear It Up For You All

KEEP THIS THREAD CIVILIZED THANK YOU.

Alright so there are rumors going around saying that i scammed @Kart. This is completely false and before you press judgement, let me tell you the story.

There was an update in which Unusual Taunts came out. these were going for a lot of money at the time (as a lot of unusuals do but most went for a lot more because of hype). Kart came into the server (Trade Gaming History) very excited telling everyone that he unboxed an unusual Conga (The MOST valuable taunt and saught after taunt) after awhile he was using the taunt and it was fun. He then asked me to broker it for him. (this was around the time i was getting my brokering service off the ground.)

bro·ker

ˈbrōkər/

noun

1. 1.
    a person who buys and sells goods or assets for others.
    synonyms: dealer, agent; More

verb

1. 1.
    arrange or negotiate (a settlement, deal, or plan).
    "fighting continued despite attempts to broker a ceasefire"
    synonyms: arrange, organize, orchestrate, work out, settle, clinch, bring about

he asked if i could broker it for him. Seeing as he was a good friend i obviously said yes. We agreed to a settlement of half and half because the selling of an unusual with no price and nothing else of info would be hard to sell. (which he refutes to this day). (inventory of the unusual in my backpack: Eazy-V's Backpack - backpack.tf So very soon later i was able to sell it for 9 buds and i took half (4.5 buds) and gave the rest to kart which he then became upset with him saying he didn't agree to the terms and said he didn't expect me to take so much even though we agreed to half (today he told everyone i scammed him and proceeded to back track and said he didn't think i would take ANYTHING: http://puu.sh/i4t7d/0a0ec9ff83.png) after that we went back and forth and then he proceeded to tell me that he needed to give his friend a portion of the profit since he gave his friend gave him the key he then proceeded to give the other friend 2 buds, he knows this friend in real life so the trust between them is there (which would be later been proved as false in the evidence that will provided later in this thread).

after a bunch of insults between both parts and fights on the server. Eventually kart and i rekindled our friendship and the topic was dropped. Later a month later, kart proceeded to talk to the server again and teamspeak about the same situation. I'm told from another user that Kart did not infact unbox the unusual but was actually brokering for a friend. (proof he never unboxed it: History - backpack.tf This all made sense because he would have an incredibly hard time selling it as he is a marked scammer: SteamRep » Kartereno [banned] | 76561198045307014 | STEAM_0:0:42520643 and is banned on all of the major trading websites.

Backpack.tf: Kartereno's Profile - backpack.tf

tf2outpost.com: TF2 Outpost / User / Kartereno

bazaar.tf: Kartereno's Profile - Bazaar.tf

So he would need another player to sell it for him. which would mean that others on trade servers wouldn't associate themselves with him. So he lied about owning the original unusual and never mentioned this third party, the actual victim who lost out of multiple buds which i feel sorry for him and hope he and kart made up after this since they are friends. So after awhile i didn't pay attention to it because it was delt with again. Until today he decides to talk to Mega robin, orangejuice, penguin, where for some reason my name came up and he proceeded to tell these three (who don't care for tf2 at all nor tf2 drama) about how i am a scammer for some reason. Upset obviously i decided to make this thread with the blessing of penguin.

Thank you for reading, it's 1 am and i might of missed something, i will update if i forget something.

Please do take this thread seriously, you may give your input if you care enough but please keep it civil, i make this thread because it effects my trading reputation if someone goes around calling me a scammer, and this heavily effects my brokering service. which i made a rep thread and actually brokered many unusuals for a good ammount of current and former xG members.

rep thread: Vector's Rep Thread!

i forgot to mention he also talked about it into shout box as i have little opportunity to defend my self on servers because of my ban.

kart's profile: Steam Community :: Kartereno

I silenced you in Bach's channel because I didn't want to deal with the shitstorm. I didn't know what it was about, so I just silenced the both of you. I don't care who did what, but I also didn't like the "fucking retard" and "fucking autist" insults being thrown out.

And to be completely honest, I never heard this story until after everything had gone down.

This happened a while ago. I was digging one time when Kart was angry about it for some reason and I was suspicious.

You aren't meant to broker for scammers otherwise you become a scammer yourself. Both you and his friend should've had a caution tag at least. I guess you were lucky, I wouldn't make the report because steamrep are shit and give people tags for bullshit reasons. c:

Later a month later

I think Vector is justified this time around. Now knowing who he should and shouldn't broker for will help him in his business.

From the evidence given by Vector, it seems like he was blinded by the fact that he was helping a friend. You never really think about an items past when you're selling/buying it.

I would really like to hear what Kart has to say. Get both views on the whole situation.

I guess some people might lean in favor of Kart because he's cool and Vector sometimes comes off as an asshole (but he's the good kind of asshole ;)). Back when Vector was an admin, he was a major stickler for the rules. Not as extreme as Kypari, but he knew what was expected and made sure others followed the rules as well.

My guess? Vector and Kart had an agreement, and Vector made sure to remember the terms of the agreement and followed them to the letter. Kart went autistic and got hazy on the details (sorry Kart <3) and assumed that Vector would take about 20-ish%, as most brokers do. Then shit hit the fan. I'm just speculating here and I like both of you, but I think I know you two fairly well and so that's my guess as to what happened. It's not a bad thing, just a misunderstanding (but you really should have mentioned you were SteamRep-banned, Kart).

My two cents. +1Rep Vector (and Kart, too).

Wow.... this is like why I don't trade.... this and that thing in the ban requests for that guy that scammed some people out of $40K with paypal chargebacks..... ridiculous....

I sort of feel like what Kart did, lieing about unboxing it and having you sell it for him because he is marked as a scammer could be considered scamming in itself....

He committed fraud by deception, entered a contract fraudulently, and part of his doing that was by effectively subcontracting Vector to sell the item that he was already supposed to sell and split with the owner.

If the orig owner and Kart had an agreement to sell the unusual and split the sale 50/50, what he did (subcontracting Vector to sell for 50/50 split) caused the orig owner to only receive 25% of the sale, not 50% thus Fraud/Scam and should be dealt with accordingly.

I think he walked out on a spycrab. I am not 100% sure

Years ago he did, that's why he got his scammer tag.

You shouldn't be trading high-valued items with a scammer in the first place @Vector , you were lucky you didn't get tagged ^^

Years ago he did, that's why he got his scammer tag.

You shouldn't be trading high-valued items with a scammer in the first place @Vector , you were lucky you didn't get tagged ^^

first of all you don't get tagged unless you have a history of trading with scammers, the reason for this because no one knows every scammer in the world. My brokering service hasn't come about so i didn't have a rep thread making it so i was a new broker which in turn would make it seem that i bought the unusual off of kart and didn't broker for him. Also keep in mind, i know of his scammer tag and it been awhile ago, but i don't give a shit about my tag as long as i'm helping a friend. if i got marked i wouldn't really care because there are other methods of trading. However i should of been a bit more catious i should admit however, that's not the point of the thread. The thread is to clear up any doubts about my integrity of trading and to put a stop to kart calling me a scammer to random people here in xG and in game, because it's gotten to the point that this rumor has spread to other people not even being a part of xG.