Caleb956

Caleb956 - Team Fortress 2

Division:

Team Fortress 2

In-Game Name:

[xG] Caleb956

Steam ID:

Information:

So I recently got banned by OhStopYou, for the following reason.

Trolling, contributing to lenny face spam, lying about not knowing the rules when he is active on threads where they are discussed.

1. The first reason is completely invalid, yes, I was using a lenny face at the end of a sentence once in a while, but I was NOT directing any sentences at anyONE, in any way, shape or form.

2. Sure, okay, I was using lenny faces, but I was not putting just a face then pressing enter continuously nor was I putting them at the end of every sentence.

3. I never said I didn't know the rules, please refer to the chat logs, I said I KNOW THE RULES, but I am not active on ban appeal threads, and when I asked how I was trolling he simply ignored me without giving an explanation other than using a lenny face without even directing it any anyone is trolling, I then asked when it was a rule that using them was a troll and then I left and got banned.

I would like a better explanation than just "You should know the rules, it is trolling"

You completely ignored what I was explaining on the server.

You're active on the forums and multiple protest threads, I've seen you, so you know very well that many admins take that as trolling. I even sent you a link to a thread where you were active, and you completely ignored me! I never said that you didn't know the rules. What I said was you know the rules but you were acting like you don't.

This was going on for over three maps. I was being polite and letting it slide for the first map until you guys started crossing the line and getting serious with it. I told the entire server over the mic "Let's calm down with the attitude and stop spamming". Then the map changed and you and four other people continued.

It doesn't need to be continuous. Like I said, you and four other people were filling up the chat with it, even when I clearly said for everyone to stop. Need I point out: I gagged the two people that were new to the server, and the people that were regulars and knew the rules were given a worse punishment according to how badly they broke them:

1. dieZombies was given a 4-hour ban because he is somewhat new and doesn't know all of the rules. He hasn't been banned in the past.
  2. You were given a day ban because you are not new, and you are active on the forums and some threads where the rules are discussed, but you have not been banned in the past.
  3. Oh geez was given a two-day ban because he was active on the forums and was a regular, before he quit, and he was banned in the past for getting out of hand.

There was clearly a problem on the server when we were on the MLCastle map, as I could feel a fight brewing. People were yelling on the mic and in chat, so I changed the map. Then you guys start getting all stupid in the chat saying I'm "salty" and "abusive", then the lenny faces fill up the chat again.

To sum up the entire situation with everyone involved: It was a combination of the spam of lenny faces, unconstructive criticism, foul language, voteban abuse, and disrespect to fellow players. A clusterfuck overall.

Just next time, use common sense and feel when it's getting out of control. If the chat is being filled up with "salt" and lenny faces, know when to stop. Especially when a staff member asks everyone to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, before even considering bans, I talked with @kbraszzz and he said he was okay for a day ban. Notice again that I did not give everyone a day ban, and it was scaled to the severity of what they did (some less severe, some more).

Your ban is expiring in approx. 6 hours and 45 minutes (7:44 PM EST), I think you can wait.