Flareon

Requesting The Removal Of Frantic Factory And Delfino Plaza And Others.

Should we remove Frantic factory and Delfino Plaza and others.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should we remove Frantic factory and Delfino Plaza and others.

• Yee
    • Nah

First reason for the removal:

Delfino Airstrip : Disliked Map in general, no supply in spawn, no spawn protection, annoying and usually rtv'ed rather quickly.

Frantic:

Huge, not liked, confusing, easy to abuse things such as bugs and body blocking, hugely difficult for admins to enforce.

Trade_minecraft_fishpond_i_f15: Really disliked.

I'm making this thread due to some regulars who find these two maps really disliked.

You mean Deflino Airstrip right?

I honestly like that map. But Frantic is a different story. I remember moderating when the server was on that map, I literally had the worst time of my life. It's ruined my opinion of that hell-zone.

Will definitely +1 the removal of Frantic Factory. EVERY SINGLE TIME we go to that map, it turns into the mods/admins having to babysit the boxing arena for all of the bodyblocking that happens. It's a nightmare.

-1 tbh i like all of those maps but i can see why people hate frantic factory. But fishpond and airstrip i cant see besides the spawn camping on airstrip.

I personally do not care about the fates of delfino and fishpond, since i am indifferent towards those maps. However, I feel frantic should be removed. It is a confusing map, rarely played, and very hard for the mods and admins to enforce due to the huge amount of exploits on the map. People have talked about this on the server and these feelings are shared with several other people who join the server.

that is all i have to say, Jirachi out.

Gonna get hate for this, but . . . -1.

Frantic Factory is aptly named, and I get that it's quite a pain in the rear when it comes to moderating the boxing arena, etc. However, it's one of the only maps I've come across that is nearly impossible to "try-hard" on. It's quite literally a party map, and while somewhat susceptible to rulebreakers, it's a welcome relief for people who'd rather not fight and just want to chill and have fun with everyone else on the server. It keeps things interesting.

I'll assume you're talking about Delfino Airstrip. Delfino Plaza is an entirely separate map, and while it's fun for some people it frustrates many others (plus it's totally broken, you can clip through walls and stuff. It's cool, but still broken). However, the Airstrip simply feels different from most maps, since it lacks significant cover and it's almost 50% water. This map appears to favor certain classes like the Sniper, Spy or Pyroshark, but (in my opinion) every map has qualities that make things easier or harder for certain classes. In that respect, this map is no less frustrating for some people than the popular Nimbus Land map is for others, where the tight corners and choke points favor tank classes like the Engineer, Heavy and Demoman at the expense of Spies, Scouts and other 125-hp lightweights.

On the other hand, I +1 the removal of all the Minecraft maps. They're fun to play in some respects, but overall I dread going there over Clock Town or something else. Honestly, I usually just switch to Pokémon Trade or Saxton Hale whenever a Minecraft map comes up.

attachFull22063 for taking away delfino

attachFull22064 for taking away frantic factory

Delfino is an enjoyable map and i've seen a lot of people enjoy it, whilst frantic is only ever consisted of rage...

upload_2015-7-10_14-45-31.png.d79d550d63036f34077b1d66c972dfb4.png

upload_2015-7-10_14-45-49.png.6d677f4a05656e935ef342004b554623.png

Frantic Factory is aptly named, and I get that it's quite a pain in the rear when it comes to moderating the boxing arena, etc. However, it's one of the only maps I've come across that is nearly impossible to "try-hard" on. It's quite literally a party map, and while somewhat susceptible to rulebreakers, it's a welcome relief for people who'd rather not fight and just want to chill and have fun with everyone else on the server. It keeps things interesting.

Frantic Factory doesn't make a difference to who is friendly, what are you talking about? There's fights always happening in the boxing ring, people killing each other on the main path. The only thing that Frantic encourages is rule-breaking and a nightmare for staff. I left multiple times when we changed to that map when I was a moderator because it made my day twice as stressful. I can assure you this: Frantic is not a fun map.

On the other hand, I +1 the removal of all the Minecraft maps. They're fun to play in some respects, but overall I dread going there over Clock Town or something else. Honestly, I usually just switch to Pokémon Trade or Saxton Hale whenever a Minecraft map comes up.

xG removes maps based on if there are game-breaking glitches, encourages mass-rule breaking (etc), not if you don't like them. I don't like Clocktown - should we remove it? No, others like it. Minecraft Realms is a commonly played map and liked, there is no reason for its removal.

Frantic Factory doesn't make a difference to who is friendly, what are you talking about? There's fights always happening in the boxing ring, people killing each other on the main path. The only thing that Frantic encourages is rule-breaking and a nightmare for staff. I left multiple times when we changed to that map when I was a moderator because it made my day twice as stressful. I can butture you this: Frantic is not a fun map.

When I said "try-harding", I meant playing with intent to be competitive (like you would on 2Fort, for instance). Frantic is not a competitive map by any stretch. I agree that fighting occurs on every map, I wasn't denying that. It's a first-person shooter, after all. You don't have to be "friendly", but you can have just as much fun doing just that. I've seen people playing on both teams have fun fighting the featured bosses together, or just chilling and building Engi stuff in DK's house, to give a couple examples. Frantic can't be completely awful -- some people actually enjoy it, so there must be some good qualities in there! :)

xG removes maps based on if there are game-breaking glitches, encourages mass-rule breaking (etc), not if you don't like them. I don't like Clocktown - should we remove it? No, others like it. Minecraft Realms is a commonly played map and liked, there is no reason for its removal.

I never said my will was absolute. Flareon asked the xG community if certain maps should be removed, and I gave my personal views on the matter. I didn't impose my will upon others, I simply stated my opinion. I didn't think it necessary to enumerate the reasons that I dislike Minecraft maps, but if you still insist on an explanation, I'll give it. I'm not so self-centered as to think that they'll be removed just because I dislike them! :LOL: Oh, and while you are correct in saying that broken maps are usually slated for removal, public perception of a map should also be taken into account. That's what this thread is about, after all. ;)

It's funny, your statements seem to contradict one another. On the one hand you say that Frantic should be removed because it's "not a fun map", implying your opinion is absolute; on the other hand you say that the Minecraft maps shouldn't be removed because of others' opinions, and declare my opinion invalid. Kind of ironic, (dare I say, hypocritical?) don't you think?

I suggest you think before you speak next time.

When I said "try-harding", I meant playing with intent to be competitive (like you would on 2Fort, for instance). Frantic is not a competitive map by any stretch. I agree that fighting occurs on every map, I wasn't denying that. It's a first-person shooter, after all. You don't have to be "friendly", but you can have just as much fun doing just that. I've seen people playing on both teams have fun fighting the featured bosses together, or just chilling and building Engi stuff in DK's house, to give a couple examples. Frantic can't be completely awful -- some people actually enjoy it, so there must be some good qualities in there! :)

I never said my will was absolute. Flareon asked the xG community if certain maps should be removed, and I gave my personal views on the matter. I didn't impose my will upon others, I simply stated my opinion. I didn't think it necessary to enumerate the reasons that I dislike Minecraft maps, but if you still insist on an explanation, I'll give it. I'm not so self-centered as to think that they'll be removed just because I dislike them! :LOL: Oh, and while you are correct in saying that broken maps are usually slated for removal, public perception of a map should also be taken into account. That's what this thread is about, after all. ;)

It's funny, your statements seem to contradict one another. On the one hand you say that Frantic should be removed because it's "not a fun map", implying your opinion is absolute; on the other hand you say that the Minecraft maps shouldn't be removed because of others' opinions, and declare my opinion invalid. Kind of ironic, (dare I say, hypocritical?) don't you think?

I suggest you think before you speak next time.

What are you taking about, seriously

I'm contradicting myself? I'm saying Frantic is a nightmare for staff and a lot of people hate it. I said that it wasn't fun because of this. I responded to what you thought about the minecraft maps being removed by saying why they shouldn't.

Literally you make no sense.

Remove Frantic it's cancerous and annoying, very confusing too on some parts. I dunno why people hate Delfino and the Minecraft maps, sure Delfino doesn't have any spawn protection, but it does resupply you if you change weapons. And theres a fight for the resupply cabinet about 20% of the time, but that usually ends pretty quickly. From what I have seen and know people call Delfino for "snipers wet dream". But theres mostly just conga/kaztosky kick dance clusterfucks. Realms is big, different areas and places, few hidden rooms. But it gets old after a while when people don't rtv. Fishpond is also kinda like Delfino, a lot of conga and friendly parties. So I suppose there is one way to solve the problem. To make it so that it doesn't require a second rtv for map changes?