Should we get rid of Admin Abuse Day?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should we get rid of Admin Abuse Day?

• Yes
    • No

I looked all the way till about 19 pages down on mobile. I no one complained and all I saw were jailbreak is better in css, jailbreak is a bad gamemode, and my favorite one, they did it just for you.

Thank goodness he wasn't recording for one of the pumpkin bridge days ;)

Here is what the server thinks:

[attach=full]22293[/attach]

fyi this was the vote "sm_vote 'Should the Admin Abuse Day be removed' 'Yes, its nothing but a massive clusterfuck' 'No'"

Honestly, that just the result of a spontaneous poll (with a 30-second response window, no less) of the players that were on the server at that given time. It's not indicative of the opinions of the majority of xG Jailbreak players. Besides, the "yes" response is foremost and funny while the "no" response is bland, so it's likely that some of those "yes" voters aren't giving serious thought to this. So I don't see how this is valid evidence.

Even though I've never participated, if Admin Abuse Day is as popular as I've heard then a lot of players enjoy it. Personally, I don't much care if any celebrity doesn't like what we do -- if Hillary Clinton says we're too strict on our policy against rulebreakers, does that mean we change our rules and our views to suit her opinion? No. So if the majority of our players enjoy Admin Abuse Day, then we should stick with it. Maybe we can pull way back on its frequency, but I don't think we should eliminate it entirely.

Seems like Muselk enjoyed it, actually. Some people in the comments thought it was funny, too, although most didn't even acknowledge it as an issue -- they were too wrapped up in their furry flame wars and stuff.

lol we've done this before, it was really fun for players & staff alike. you know why? because the actual good staff knew how to use restraint, and how to force others to use "restraint" when using powers. in other words, "abusing" on those "abusive" admins. kicking them from the server over and over.

Any staff should know when to stop using powers, even if they are allowed to abuse it and/or it will crash players or the server. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it gets too much and you're just being a dickhead.

As for the youtube comment, I really believe that was a joke and meant to be taken as a joke. Kinda hard to read the parts where you two actually apologize for some reason and go on having your own conversation.. ugg

Even though I've never participated, if Admin Abuse Day is as popular as I've heard then a lot of players enjoy it. Personally, I don't much care if any celebrity doesn't like what we do -- if Hillary Clinton says we're too strict on our policy against rulebreakers, does that mean we change our rules and our views to suit her opinion? No. So if the majority of our players enjoy Admin Abuse Day, then we should stick with it. Maybe we can pull way back on its frequency, but I don't think we should eliminate it entirely.

Seems like Muselk enjoyed it, actually. Some people in the comments thought it was funny, too, although most didn't even acknowledge it as an issue -- they were too wrapped up in their furry flame wars and stuff.

If it's meant for fun, and taken as fun (aka STAFF USING SOME RESTRAINTTTTTTT NOT CRASHING PEOPLES GAMES) - keep it.

Can't say much other than my opinion on this, though. not TF2. let's just hope it's not brushed off

lol we've done this before, it was really fun for players & staff alike. you know why? because the actual good staff knew how to use restraint, and how to force others to use "restraint" when using powers. in other words, "abusing" on those "abusive" admins. kicking them from the server over and over.

Any staff should know when to stop using powers, even if they are allowed to abuse it and/or it will crash players or the server. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it gets too much and you're just being a beef n' fixinhead.

As for the youtube comment, I really believe that was a joke and meant to be taken as a joke. Kinda hard to read the parts where you two actually apologize for some reason and go on having your own conversation.. ugg

If it's meant for fun, and taken as fun (aka STAFF USING SOME RESTRAINTTTTTTT NOT CRASHING PEOPLES GAMES) - keep it.

Can't say much other than my opinion on this, though. not TF2. let's just hope it's not brushed off

The problem is staff don't know where to end, I myself when I got the opportunity for the first couple times kept spamming nukes. But really it needs to be denied as an lr more often and maybe have it once every like 30 or so rounds. Also staff sometimes goes far (me included) maybe there should be restrictions or like a time where it has to stop like 1 minute left in the round you have to stop.

i say be done with them, it was fun getting them every once in a while so i could try out stuff when i started. but when its every other day and people are unhappy that im not trying to break everyones PCs since i dont know commands, and then get mad when i slay all just to spare us all the 7 minutes of bordum. but thats me :/

Honestly, that just the result of a spontaneous poll (with a 30-second response window, no less) of the players that were on the server at that given time. It's not indicative of the opinions of the majority of xG Jailbreak players. Besides, the "yes" response is foremost and funny while the "no" response is bland, so it's likely that some of those "yes" voters aren't giving serious thought to this. So I don't see how this is valid evidence.

Ok, you might be right about the vote but what about the poll we're commenting on? It's showing pretty much the same thing

The problem is staff don't know where to end, I myself when I got the opportunity for the first couple times kept spamming nukes. But really it needs to be denied as an lr more often and maybe have it once every like 30 or so rounds. Also staff sometimes goes far (me included) maybe there should be restrictions or like a time where it has to stop like 1 minute left in the round you have to stop.

It's an LR? how in the fuck does that work?

also, knowing where to end should be.. hmm, NOT 20 turrets on top of eachother, giant hammers, etc etc.

It should be treated as "I can use this now without penalty, but still shouldn't spam this because I can still be punished for it"

Should just be a vote, with "no" being the first option WITH higher-up approval, so that the people who actually read being the ones who can vote "yes", or a specified time in the week (friday night 6PM-12AM, for example) like we had it in CSS.

Ok, you might be right about the vote but what about the poll we're commenting on? It's showing pretty much the same thing

and to me, this just simply looks like everybody is saying +1 because the youtuber recorded us and oh noo we've been caught, better change our ways or that single comment section with a VERY small amount of negativity toward the server will ruin it, or that one guy whose game crashed because he totally didn't have a horrible PC.

Not to be taken offensively, though. Just how it looks to me.

It's an LR? how in the frick does that work?

also, knowing where to end should be.. hmm, NOT 20 turrets on top of eachother, giant hammers, etc etc.

It should be treated as "I can use this now without penalty, but still shouldn't spam this because I can still be punished for it"

Should just be a vote, with "no" being the first option WITH higher-up approval, so that the people who actually read being the ones who can vote "yes", or a specified time in the week (friday night 6PM-12AM, for example) like we had it in CSS.

Lrs are different in tf2 then cs. You pick what you want for the next round. Like I want to do dodge ball next round and the warden makes reds do dodge ball and maybe another game. If red hits anyone when he has lr he is denied it. It worked in there because it was never an option and people asked for it so it became a choice. Admins have the right to deny such lrs and custom ones though.

Lrs are different in tf2 then cs. You pick what you want for the next round. Like I want to do dodge ball next round and the warden makes reds do dodge ball and maybe another game. If red hits anyone when he has lr he is denied it. It worked in there because it was never an option and people asked for it so it became a choice. Admins have the right to deny such lrs and custom ones though.

Then i go back to changing it to a (edit: VERY STRICT) vote or a specified time. You can test the restraint idea to see if players have a better time without all the... "lag-abuse"

Remember kids!: NO BAN, NO SPAM, NO PERM = NO COMPLAINTS!

and to me, this just simply looks like everybody is saying +1 because the youtuber recorded us and oh noo we've been caught, better change our ways or that single comment section with a VERY small amount of negativity toward the server will ruin it, or that one guy whose game crashed because he totally didn't have a horrible PC.

Not to be taken offensively, though. Just how it looks to me.

The youtuber part is not my point though, it was just an example.

The point is I myself see a lot of people go "wtf is goin on" and leave/crash on the server during an Admin Abuse Day. In the server usually half of the server likes the day, and half doesnt. I just wanted to see who likes it and why, and who doesnt.

And ofc I'm not taking anything offensively just like I said I'm open for criticism

The youtuber part is not my point though, it was just an example.

The point is I myself see a lot of people go "wtf is goin on" and leave/crash on the server during an Admin Abuse Day. In the server usually half of the server likes the day, and half doesnt. I just wanted to see who likes it and why, and who doesnt.

And ofc I'm not taking anything offensively just like I said I'm open for criticism

If this abuse day only lasts one round, i highly doubt that if it was actually voted or LR'd for that they would be that unaware, and they would wonder what's going on. Also, one day doesn't lose all players, and if it does, it has less of a chance if.. sigh.. restraint is held.

Strict votes was an idea that mainly aims for a 80-100% "yes" server vote while "yes" is on the second selection to make sure players read before voting and understand what will be happening tomorrow for ONE round and ONE round only

And, even though that youtuber part was just an example, it's then aimed towards other people who read your post and have that reaction.

that "offensive" part was mostly toward dethman. I'd like to be as careful around you guys as possible.

I'm not trying to keep this day on no matter what, i'm just giving ideas so you guys don't suddenly say "oh ok lets remove a rather good idea immediately!"

If it's going to be kept, it has to be pretty strictly regulated, especially if there's a problem with staff going too far. We did something similar on CS:S called Late Nite Jailbreak, and in my opinion it was pretty successful. It was fun for pretty much everyone, CT's and T's broke tons of rules, admins abused a lot (not too overboard, no one was slaying @all every single day, it was mostly somewhat innocent) and it allowed for staff to let off some much-needed steam. I would suggest emulating this as megarobin suggested. Schedule a specific day and time for it to happen (I would suggest a Friday or Saturday night), let everyone know that it's happening and see what people's opinions are, and for a couple of hours just let loose. If people don't like it, then it should probably be scrapped. If everyone is having a fun time and people seem to be enjoying it, keep it around and we can have them as a regularly scheduled event. However, I don't think that it should remain as a choice for last request. Occasional abuse can be fun, but having it too frequently can turn people off to the server. This isn't something that should be happening every day.

Fair enough, but it's still a 60-40 split. That's hardly enough of a divide to warrant its permanent removal. I think Diabeetus' suggestion of a weekly- or biweekly-scheduled Admin Abuse Day is a good compromise -- it keeps the spirit of Jailbreak alive while still giving us the opportunity for crazy, chaotic (but controlled) fun.