• Super Smash Bros. Melee
    • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
    • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
    • Resident Evil 4
    • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    • Animal Crossing
    • Pikmin 2
    • Other

Vote on your top 3 favorite games and say why you like them in the comments below!

My favorites are Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime: Echoes and Super Smash Bros. Melee. I like Twilight Princess and Echoes because they're dark but realistic -- quite unlike many of the other games in their respective series -- and they have great storylines and plot twists. I like Super Smash Bros. just because it's fun to play and difficult to master.

Thoughts?

Um My favorite is the best fucking game here is Super Mario Sunshine, teaching kids to clean the earth and drown poor innocent murderous animals with WATER THE NUMBER ONE COMBO OF ELEMENTS THAT KIDS USE TO PRETEND THEY KNOW ALOT ABOUT SCIENCE TO THEIR FRIENDS

I'm not kidding by the way.

Twilight Princess

One of my top favourite games of the series. Most of the allure comes from the art style. I absolutely loved the dark and gothic feel of the game as opposed to its WindWaker counter-part. The plot did seem a little cluttered, but I thoroughly enjoyed the game nonetheless. Another thing that contributed my love for the game was the overall epic nature of it. The final boss battle(s) with Ganondorf just reminded me of a remastered version of the final battle in Ocarina of Time with better instrumentals and gameplay; easily my favourite final boss battle out of the Legend of Zelda series. Incredibly epic.

Super Smash Bros Melee

This, along with my third choice, were games that really involved the "multiplayer" aspect of my childhood. Needless to say, I spent a substantial amount of my childhood playing Super Smash Bros on the N64, and when Melee came out I was overjoyed. It's just an overall great game, I mean where else can you brawl against friends with Nintendo characters? This was also my go-to brawler/fighter, with Soul Calibur coming in at a close second.

Other: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Absolutely loved this game, and the reason I did was due in part to the multiplayer and replayability of the game itself. I spent a lot of time playing this game with my bros as well as with friends, and I enjoyed every minute of it. The whole "team player" aspect of it also drew me in as you did have to rely on your fellow companions a lot.

Um My favorite is the best fricking game here is Super Mario Sunshine, teaching kids to clean the earth and drown poor innocent murderous animals with WATER THE NUMBER ONE COMBO OF ELEMENTS THAT KIDS USE TO PRETEND THEY KNOW ALOT ABOUT SCIENCE TO THEIR FRIENDS

I'm not kidding by the way.

This guy knows his fudge.

Super Mario Sunshine was a fantastic game.

@Black_Dynamite How could I forget Double Dash? One of my favorites too. I just added the more famous GCN games that came to mind. Good call.

@The_Unlit_Torch Of course it counts! I have the Master Collection too, 10/10 would recommend to anyone.

Personally, I think the upside to playing Master Quest over the original is that the difficulty for many dungeons was increased and there are some pretty entertaining glitches; the downside is that you can skip most of the Water Temple and nearly all of the useful glitches (Bottle Adventure, Door of Time Skip, etc.) were patched.

I'm surprised none of you have said Shrek: Extra Large

apuu.sh_jSO0O_39be75bc29.jpg.d12f94dfeabb2bf016bca8f7790de8fe.jpg

I mean just look at that cover art!

apuu.sh_jSO1o_14ec770fc3.jpg.f6d2a6f0a5b788ad0171a30cac38fea9.jpg

In all seriousness though, I think I'd have to say F-Zero GX is my favorite. Second and third place would have to go to Melee and Sunshine