Scootaloo

Trading Server Suggestion. Hear Me Out On This.

Okay, so for the longest time, I have always associated xG with having a bunch of iconic servers. TGH, Pokemon, and JB all immediately come to mind. But one thing I have never associated our clan with was trading. I mean sure, every once in a while, I'll find a decent deal by someone in our servers, and I'll happily trade with someone for whatever they happen to be selling, but in all honesty, our Trade Gaming Server shouldn't even have "Trade" in the name. Pokemon is more about goofing off and casually fighting other players, but one thing that happens very little is any actual trading.

On a different note, over the past few days, a regular of our TGH server, (Ziron for those of you wondering), has been reaching out to me to help him coordinate giveaways of some high dollar items, including multiple Australiums, in the form of events planned by him where members had to kill him using only Melee while he was Pyro, or in the form of Heavy Boxing. Now, take a moment to think about this, what kind of organizing and headache do you think we dealt with on TGH, trying to keep the participants safe from griefers who just wanted to kill players? I can attest that it was a godawful nightmare.

So all of this got me thinking. TGH is all about capturing various video game experiences in the form of TF2 maps. Pokemon is all about goofing around in a Pokemon surrounding. Surf is Surf. JB is JB. FF2 is a legit popular game mode. All of our servers have purpose. The one purpose our servers aren't fulfilling is an actual trade server.

My proposal is this: Bring back an ACTUAL trade server. Let us use the map ColdEndeavor and I designed as an every-day trade map. We don't even have to put an emphasis on unusual trading. If there's anything I have learned over the past few days, it's that we need a sanctioned place where we can host events, giveaways, spycrabs, heavy boxing matches, and sniper duels without the fear of other people interfering. The unusual map is the perfect map to do that with.

Allow us to use the map as an ACTUAL trading server. Allow us to broadcast to our patrons that if anyone wishes to do any actual trading, the specified trade server would be the place to go. Give us an outlet to host events and giveaways without the fear of others ruining it, or without impeding on actual gameplay to do so. It gives us a server we have never really ever had, and it puts the magnificence that is ColdEndeavor's map to use.

@kbraszzz @Rejects @Moosty @Ohstopyou , what are your thoughts?

I wouldn't mind trying this, it's just the same fear with every new idea for a server. Who will populate it? I mean we can't do much to keep people interested in only trading. People usually only join trade servers that already have a decent population. But I do believe that unique maps can draw a crowd so I don't see why not.

I'll totally commit to staying active in the trade server to regulate things like events. I'll even be willing to do annual things just to get attendance up. Small little giveaways and such, you know?

I wouldn't mind trying this, it's just the same fear with every new idea for a server. Who will populate it? I mean we can't do much to keep people interested in only trading. People usually only join trade servers that already have a decent population. But I do believe that unique maps can draw a crowd so I don't see why not.

Also I've noticed in communities that trade servers, even if the server is brand new is easy to populate compared to anything, else, and along with @metalslug53 I'd be down to help on this I used to be a heavy trader, and well wanna get back in the game :) I support this 100%

I guess you could say, Trade gaming is HISTORY :rolleyes::X3: >3:giggle:

Didn't p0s3s3dh0b0 want this before?

Anyway. Trade Gaming History having the name "trade" in it makes it so that non-regulars join and just normal traders. That may seem bad that they're going to a trade server that has no traders on, but it keeps the population high. Lying is the way to go apparently.

Chances are that it will be unpopulated, I swear you've done this before.

I've given an effort to get a trade server populated before, but that was an UNUSUAL server. This time I feel it would be different, as we wouldn't be limiting ourselves to high profile stuff. We won't be billing it as unusuals only, looking for traders for unusuals only, and won't be pushing traffic for unusuals only.

I just spoke to some of the regulars on the Pokémon trade server about this thread. They think that there's plenty trading that goes down on Pokémon trade.

Parasect and The Girth did plenty of trades just today...

Trades happen on Pokemon. Trades are not Pokemon's main focus.

My thought on it is that we should have a completely dedicated server who's primary focus is trading and events. Not focused on combat. Not focused on game modes. Focused on allowing players to do their business and for people to be able to Spycrab, Heavy Box, Sniper duel, and conduct business in the ways of giveaways, raffles, and events.

Trust me. We are in dire need of a server to fit that bill. Trying to hold an event on Pokemon or TGH turns into a god-awful nightmare, especially when half the server focuses on playing the game, which in part ruins the event. Then, you're put in a tough situation where half of the server is mad at you because you aren't doing anything to protect the event, and the other half of the server is mad at you because you are taking away from the combat.

It sucks. We need a place to do this stuff safely.

It also isn't like we don't have server slots that aren't being used, either. When was the last time anyone even used Prop Hunt? I mean, no offense or anything, it just doesn't seem like that particular server ever has anyone online. Surely we could try and use it as a trade server?

I honestly feel like with the right people, xG Trade could be a huge success. All we have to do is direct trade traffic to it and it should flourish. Not Unusual Trade or High Profile focus, but just a trade server. I honestly think it's worth a shot.

I traded up f2p to where I am now just on TGH (it was Nintendo sixty fortress then, name still better than TGH) don't really know why people stopped trading it just kind of happened. Pretty sure it had something to do with the key prices going insane. I like the idea but not sure if we could even get it going.

I'm just saying...turn Prophunt into xG Trade, using our old Unusual Map, with no RTV, RTD active, alongside the basic donator stuff, (Minus boss spawning), and let me populate it. <3

I was talking to scootaloo earlier about a map that makes everyone on blue and like staff on red? There's a lot of good trading maps like that, and scootaloo also hinted at a map of his, if you wanna input that