Rabid

Floating A Suggestion Towards Membership Applications

Mkay so this will be a rough edit of the suggestion and any one that approves/disproves of it can touch up on it if need be.

I'm in full understanding that this may not work, and may be a bad suggestion, but I feel like it should be floated in case their are some people that like it.

Anyways to the thing that actually matters.

I'm thinking with the lack of members / staff that actually pay attention to the member applications, and the lack of legitimate formatted +1's that this could be useful.

Membership acceptance staff-

Pros-

Less trouble for members.

Faster acceptance into the clan.

No more people going around sending there member apps to staff/members

Cons-

If staff members of this position go inactive, could put the member approvals on halt which would never be good. (Possibly keep a +1 and -1 system or a recommendation like processes in case these players do go inactive, so that other staff of the position don't have to rely on the inactive staff.)

Abuse or favoritism towards players.

Would need to find unbiased staff.

Staff position duties / Requirements:

1: To be active on respective division

2:Unbias towards any type of subgroup/fandom (i.e Brony/furries)

3: Very Mature players would only be able to apply for this position (could be subject to change with discretion of the respective communities dl's/dm's)

4: To be active on the forums especially within the member management sub forum.

5: With this position you will not be given in game powers in your respective division i.e Kick/ban Unless decided by the respective Division leader( you will only be accepting member applications)

6: This position does not stop you for applying to other staff positions

7: As of now the only reasonable amount of staff for this position regarding csgo would be about 3 or 4.

If also implemented in tf2 I would say around 6 or 7 positions

The whole reason for this is to be implemented into counter strike divison first, due to the lack of members, and amount of +1's it takes to get that are legitimate formats

Tagging-

People of interest towards this thread, and staff members who would have to approve/Implement this idea.

@Bleed @Lithium @Snackbar @Ohstopyou @Rejects @metalslug53 @Moosty @Rhododendron @kbraszzz @Hidingmaster @Nomulous

Not so important niggas

@Forest @Duke @Owl @Insane

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

With this addition, it may very well effectively make Members feel less exclusive on Forums; more-so than they may already feel. At the end of the day, a Member really only has the ability to 'vouch' for those who wish to have a stronger influence in the clan/community than an xG-Representative. Take that away, and there will literally be nothing special about being a Member aside from having the ability to apply for a Staff Position.

Also, as you previously mentioned, this'll also require Members who are heavily unbiased since they'll have the power to grant or deny Membership which is incredibly difficult to find around here. The role in itself is a very powerful responsibility to have as well.

Annihilating the need to actively seek the approval of others may also diminish the whole reason behind it; making acquaintances or friends with Members of XenoGamers. Without that, they won't feel the need to approach anyone and may therefore be accepted into an otherwise unfamiliar and unfriendly clan.

I see the whole central idea around this, making the whole Membership process cleaner and more efficient, but I just can't see the pros outweighing the cons for this particular suggestion. Mind you, I've only brought up "what if" claims but they are sound and are likely to happen should those changes be made.

Rather than introducing a new system, I would suggest a revision of our current guidelines for Membership. As of right now, there are a lot of things wrong with it (the fact that we have segregated #s of vouches required for each Division is messy and clunky is just one of them) and it would be much easier to build on what we already have going for us. By all means it won't be something that would be done over night. It will require proper discussion, compromises and the like from all of the Higher-Ups (including the CLs) to reach an agreement. That being said, it will also require some effort from Members. It's getting dragged out more than it needs to be, but it's still very relevant that Members review their vouches before they post them. If change is to be had, then the Players/Members/HigherUps have to be just as responsible to assist and support those changes.

TL;DR - Pros outweigh the cons; this would just be an addition to cover people's asses who have a responsibility to properly do what they signed up for in the positions they are in whether that be Member or Staff, which is not the way to go about things.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Or, you guys could just not be lazy and format those vouches. people not following a rule isn't proof that the rule needs fixed. all it takes is for DM+ to harp on the invalid vouches, and actually follow through on not adding them to the count (which sucks for the people applying so just vouch right fam).