mobinblack

More Staff

As the title suggests I was thinking that the csgo jailbreak server needs more staff, because many days I have gone without seeing a single staff member and even on normal days they just dont play enough to make a huge difference. I understand that it is a long proccess to pick players worth being staff members but I just feel it is needed for the server. But recording/demos will still work if you guys cant change this.

No doubt we have some inactive staff. Some can't/couldn't get on due to PC issues/school issues/other issues, some play other games/competitive too so we aren't on 24/7 but we still come on daily( I think I'm in that category, I'm on most of the week, with the occasional exception of a few days), and some staff are just blatantly inactive with no obvious reason.

Even if staff are on, recording a demo can still be helpful if you choose to do so, staff can't see everything so it's up to you if you do it while we're on, but I recommend recording while staff aren't on, you've been a big help with catching rule breakers so far, so we thank you for that.

I agree with shadowspy I know many mods/admins have been having a lot of stuff going own right now. I have work and studying for my teaching Licences so i'm only on at late night when usually has no members on or just a few. Everyone one has lives and things happen. Most of the time there is a staff on and if not you can recorded a demo or just message a mod/admin on and usually they will hop on pretty quick. That would be my adv for you.

I can't speak for the CS:GO Higher-Ups, but I can imagine they are always actively looking for likely candidates to Moderate the Servers. As you mentioned, it can be a lengthy process because not just anyone can be a Staff Member, especially when representing Xeno Gamers. Unfortunately there is no work around to this; it's better that we get qualified Members of the community who will do a good job rather than a Staff Member who won't. Quality is far better than Quantity.

In the end, it really is just a matter of time. I'm sure Staff is trying their best to suit both the Server's needs as well as their own. Just keep in mind that our Staff isn't given any incentive to Moderate; they're doing it because they want to further the growth of the Server and the growth of Xeno Gamers. That being said, it's only fair that they be given some time away from the Servers every now and then as they do have lives to lead. However, they should still try their best to answer a call to action in a timely manner.

Needless to say, it isn't like the Higher-Ups aren't looking for likely candidates. Like previously mentioned, it just takes time.

I agree that we need more active staff members. We need staff members that play around an hour or more a day (on a regular basis). I think some people that are worthy of this are steven, charles, or mobin and dr. jinx (but they might be to young). I do realize that this will be a lengthy process, but I think that those few people should be highly considered for a moderator position. You might want to be looking at smalls and firewolf as well.

I usually just read the chat from the website and if i see or feel like something's wrong i try to get on if not then i try to get another mod who might be able to

Promote some of the people that are around during off hours instead of only the ones that are there all at the same time... it goes from no staff to like 4 or 5 and then none again....

+1 I completely agree. Early in the day when people start to get on the CSGO Jailbreak server, people start to freekill, mass, break rules and are unable to take warden without having a mic or any Jailbreak experience (knowing the rules).

Thanks for all the replies! Also I dont think I should be staff until I play alot more, although I do play in the morning and stuff when 95% of staff aren't on at those times. Shadowspy I do like how you play the most (well when I play). And I will report peopl most of the time but for normal freekills its so hard because I have to have a long clip to show them freekill and not slay and/or have multiple clips of them doing it.

Sorry about grammer was typing this while I was playing so...

The catch is, activity =/= quality. Sure we have active players, but a majority of them simply aren't old enough/mature enough to be staff (in my opinion at least). Another problem is that nobody is really applying, and the ones who do are mostly ignored. Charles and DMT should definitely be staff (in my opinion at least x2), but their apps are just kinda sitting there...

I have a proposed fix to these problems:

Reintroducing !call and the steam bot. Tf2 has it, we had it, and it would be a very effective way to make the current staff more active. For the mean time, members should probably add staff and pester them to get on. If anything, whenever I'm asked I always either get on or attempt to get other staff on if I cannot.

The !call would be very helpful. Dmt and charles are both very mature but the problem is they are not on a ton or atleast whenever Im on they're not(not a lot)

@mobinblack I wouldn't say I'm the most active recently(I have been dealing with SAT Prep and stuff like that, focusing on school more). Not sure about right now, but @BlackWidow (Jaydow) was the most active, but he was having problems with his PC or something like that.