CappyCappy

The Great Xg Tf2 Revival

okay guys, here are some brief info about the current tf2 servers

Deathrun - look at the name of this server.

Script testing - no one uses

Surf - usually active with lots of xG on. Pretty friendly community mostly.

Vs hale - people comes in bursts, sometimes needs manual population, semi-low activity

Jb- almost the same as hale, except a ton more active, and members voluntarily populates the server @Tatost @BreadNubic

Trade Gaming history- I personally detest this server, as a lot of randoms play on it and the server is quite cancerous at times. But extremely active , most random a plays here.

Trade pokemon - better than tgh IMO. A lot of mods and admins plays here. Very active but sometimes empty servers. Better community then tgh. A lot of the members plays here, this server has a bright future . The spawn camps tho @papascarce

ZFT- dead , only sometimes a few people goes on.

Mvm - meh. Populated at some times, but radoms ruins the fun. Needs more maps.

Trade/Events - Dead as merasmus when soldier pulled the rabbit out of his ass. Pretty pointless unless for events.

Tf2 Ware - what ? This server is empty almost at all times.

Tl;dr

Pokemon , tgh, and surf are the most populated Servers for tf2.

What can we do to replace/revive these servers?

I have 3 points to make here.

1. Update, or replace the dead servers. Advertise them more and make them known to the world.

2. Recruit more xG members. There are tons of nice people out there that can be recruited. They can help restore the servers to their former glory. Promote more staff members. Demote inactive staff , etc.

3. target the less populated servers and start promoting them in other games and servrers. such as csgo. Give people a reward for playing the servers, etc.

What are your thoughts on the tf2 servers?

Edited by CappyCappy (see edit history)

I'll talk to rhodo tomorrow, I can see your text and how you formatted properly when I go to edit it, it's just broken for some reason, even when I tried to re-edit it.

On TF2: We will need to see what servers we should remove/replace soon, right now it'll be too hasty to change anything as winter break is coming soon and we can get a better view of what people want to play when they actually have time. We need to dedicate times for the servers to help populate them, and it'll come from proper organization in the upcoming months to try to revive any server or to figure out what needs replacing.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I don't think you've played on TGH as of late, @Vixen and I have done a great job at keeping the people over on there in line with the toxicity and whatnot. As for the dead servers, I have noticed that if you get about 4-5 people on a server, a lot more people will join. Populating servers isn't hard, we just need to find people who will spend their time on there, and actually join when it's dead to help get the population rolling. VSH is a server I've been really wanting to see surge in population as it is a game mode I really do enjoy. The wario-ware server is generally always dead, sometimes gets a few people. Trade events isn't even used for it's original purpose which was as xG TF2 hasn't had any events in a while.

I don't think you've played on TGH as of late, @Vixen and I have done a great job at keeping the people over on there in line with the toxicity and whatnot.

by warning and threatening people when they use words like "faggot" and phrases like "kill yourself"? yeah, nah

okay guys, here are some brief info about the current tf2 servers

Deathrun - look at the name of this server.

Script testing - no one uses

Surf - usually active with lots of xG on. Pretty friendly community mostly.

Vs hale - people comes in bursts, sometimes needs manual population, semi-low activity

Jb- almost the same as hale, except more active, and members voluntarily populates the server @Tatost @BreadNubic

Trade Gaming history- I personally detest this server, as a lot of ransoms play on it and the server is quite cancerous at times. But extremely active , most random a plays here.

Trade pokemon - better than tgh IMO. A lot of mods and admins plays here. Very active but sometimes empty servers. Better community then tgh. A lot of the members plays here, this server has a bright future . The spawn camps tho @papascarce

ZFT- dead , only sometimes a few people goes on.

Mvm - meh. Populated at some times, but radoms ruins the fun. Needs more maps.

Trade/Events - Dead as merasmus when soldier pulled the rabbit out of his ass. Pretty pointless unless for events.

Tf2 Ware - what ? This server is empty almost at all times.

Tl;dr

Pokemon , tgh, and surf are the most populated Servers for tf2.

What can we do to replace/revive these servers?

I have 3 points to make here.

1. Update, or replace the dead servers. Advertise them more and make them known to the world.

2. Recruit more xG members. There are tons of nice people out there that can be recruited. They can help restore the servers to their former glory. Promote more staff members. Demote inactive staff , etc.

3. target the less populated servers and start promoting them in other games and servrers. such as csgo. Give people a reward for playing the servers, etc.

What are your thoughts on the tf2 servers?

I was gonna say why not press the enter key and make spaces but i can see that you did, when I quote your post in the text editor, you should read this post in the default theme cause it probably looks terrible in the dark theme lulᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚ

ᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚ

With all of that outta the way, here's my toughtsᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚ

I know this might not sound very compelling but believe it or not most of these dead servers are a result of school, and a good portion of our population being located outside of US as well as the people in US (making it impossible to join because of the timezone difference and how late most people get online (i am a victim of this myself, people in US start getting home and online when it's exactly 0:30 A.M for me, making it impossible to be nearly as active as I could be during summer))ᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚ

ᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚ

we have barely any problem with the majority of our population when it's summer, I myself with the help of many DLs, CMs and CLs tried our best to get our populations at peek by making our servers a little bit more professional-ishᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚ

as an example of improvements made General Update Threadᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚ

HOWEVER, I agree that there are a few servers that need immediate replacements as they have been dead (outside of events) for a very long time (including summer)ᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚ

These servers are: Deathrun, with the reason being that our deathrun plugin sucks, along with the sitty maps and a few other problems, it's just a mess imoᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚ

Saxton hale: has been dead ever since the plugin got replaced and stayed dead ever since, nobody likes the server anymore, can be replacedᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚ

Trade events and more, TF2Ware and Script testing, all useless servers imo, Zombie fortress does get a stable population in summer so idk about that one

Edited by Egossi (see edit history)

by warning and threatening people when they use words like "♥♥♥♥♥♥" and phrases like "kill yourself"? yeah, nah

Last I checked we were supposed to keep people from slinging around slurs or saying things like 'kill yourself' when possible especially when there's a rule that explicitly states as such.

• Death threats and the use of the phrase "Kill yourself", (AKA Encouraging Suicide) is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate punishment.

Last I checked we were supposed to keep people from slinging around slurs or saying things like 'kill yourself' when possible especially when there's a rule that explicitly states as such.

• Death threats and the use of the phrase "Kill yourself", (AKA Encouraging Suicide) is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate punishment.

oh, huh

i was looking at the general server rules and not the TF2 General MOTD, my bad.

I didn't realize our servers were turning into a massive safe space

oh, huh

i was looking at the general server rules and not the TF2 General MOTD, my bad.

I didn't realize our servers were turning into a massive safe space

The general MOTD was last edited in February, those have been the rules for quite some time now.

The general MOTD was last edited in February, those have been the rules for quite some time now.

i must have not read them all properly, last time i remember it said something like "Death threats are strictly prohibited (this doesn't include insults like "Kill yourself", that is just being immature)"

As a terrible eeveelution on xG, I disagree with Egossi on xG becoming more and more of a safe space, past staff member ignored most if not all suicide threats, racial and homophic slurs and many other. I respect and appreciate what @Vixen and @Vexx do what other staff didn't.

Also @Egossi they both do a wonderful job of keeping servers fun and enjoyable their own ways.

Deathrun and VSH can be easily populated, as it's been proven about a week ago when some people from Poketrade decided to join VSH and we ended up having like 25 players online, I personally would wanna keep them. @Vexx

In regards to other dead servers, such as ware, events or even the script testing server, I made a thread to see what kind of gamemodes the community would like to play on.

Edited by Bello (see edit history)

Deathrun and VSH can be easily populated, as it's been proven about a week ago when some people from Poketrade decided to join VSH and we ended up having like 25 players online, I personally would wanna keep them. @Vexx

In regards to other dead servers, such as ware, events or even the script testing server, I made a thread to see what kind of gamemodes the community would like to play.

I know that VSH is pretty to easy to populate, see the friday last week. But unlike JB, not much people actually do it. If we can do it more often, we might be able to to keep VSH, but Deathrun... Completely Dead as its name suggests. Also, all the servers could use some new fresh maps to it.