Kypari

Can't Connect To Surf.

ai.imgur.com_g33Cp4Q.thumb.png.803f2bd4e86ed79b733b9614a2606f4f.png

This always appears and this only happens on surf. Last night I was on with people such as @YeEternalTuna and my game would randomly freeze where I would be slightly shaking in the game and I was unable to speak on mic, see the chat/type in chat, I couldn't move and I couldn't see anyone else moving. The only thing that was working was hearing people on mic.

Does anyone know how to fix this or why this is happening? I can connect to every other server just fine but not this one for some reason. I miss being a surf admin @Bello ;~;

I have the same issue literally every time I try to connect, it's router related for me.

I just type "retry" in console two to five times until it works, lol.

I eventually get in but I'm unable to move for more than one second before everything freezes and all I can do is look around helplessly.

I really need a fix for this otherwise I can't connect to surf to do my job as surf admin (n)

Well recently I've been able to connect again. We'll see how it goes :coffee:

*facepalm*

I assume your network is(was) to blame because I have not had any trouble connecting the past few days :coffee:

I used to have the same issue... I noticed that you'd need to go into your router settings and forward the port of the server.

You shouldn't have to do that; service providers do have issues at times.

Bringing this back since I have no fucking clue what to do and it's started again. Me and @mrnutty12 haven't got a clue. Bearing in mind this is just surf and I can connect to anything else just fine.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Bringing this back since I have no fucking clue what to do and it's started again. Me and @mrnutty12 haven't got a clue. Bearing in mind this is just surf and I can connect to anything else just fine.

I really don't know how to help you, you could talk to @Lithium and see what he thinks.

Last night I was on with people such as @YeEternalTuna and my game would randomly freeze where I would be slightly shaking in the game and I was unable to speak on mic, see the chat/type in chat, I couldn't move and I couldn't see anyone else moving. The only thing that was working was hearing people on mic.

That does sort of sound like a port forwarding issue, or if someone else on your router is playing a Source game at the same time (and using the same port) it can cause connection issues. Although, if it's only the one server that doesn't make much sense.

Any chance you can run a traceroute or use PingPlotter on the surf IP (192.223.26.26) and maybe another to a server that works (TGH is 64.74.97.69)?

So my PC just crashed and had the media disconnected error for a few hours. I managed to get it working again, but it stopped me from being able to use internet on my pc. It crashed mid game on Overwatch, so is it possible that the error has a correlation to this problem? Either way.

Open your TF2 launch options and put this in:

>+clientport 27012

I've typed that in and hopefully it works for the next few days. If I can't connect again I'll post here. Thank you!

That does sort of sound like a port forwarding issue, or if someone else on your router is playing a Source game at the same time (and using the same port) it can cause connection issues. Although, if it's only the one server that doesn't make much sense.

Any chance you can run a traceroute or use PingPlotter on the surf IP (192.223.26.26) and maybe another to a server that works (TGH is 64.74.97.69)?

Thanks! I'll try it if Rhodo's command doesn't work.