Division:

Team Fortress 2

In-Game Name:

slimyvagina2007

Identity:

Ban Type:

Server Ban

Information:

I got banned by nutty on a jailbreak server because I "avoided a mute" when I never even logged off of the server. He probably mistyped a command or something so I wasn't muted. Anywho, we all make mistakes, we are only human after all. I'm hoping to be unbanned shortly, thanks homies.

Your mutes

your bans

If you check the times on both you will see you had an hour silence and after only about 7 minutes you were able to talk again.

Also it is a day ban, you can wait it out thinking about how you shouldn't ignore someone when they ask you to not burp loudly on the mic repeatadly and then circumvent the resulting mute.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Bit something to add here that might be relevant. I had a similar situation when muting @Foxingkat on jailbreak a few days ago where on the very next round, his mute was no longer in place. At first I assumed he was avoiding his mute, but he had not left and returned to the server so I took a minute to think and got a hunch.

I was able to confirm this hunch just now, where when players are muted and then unmuted at the start of the round, it overrides any mutes put on them without actually removing said mute. I tested this with both a mute and silence on a willing player, and had the exact same results.

Now I have no idea if our friend here had happened to leave and return or done anything else to get around his silence, but if it were simply that 7 minutes had past, well enough for a new round to have started, then he may very well have done nothing. Simply put i'm in the belief that the server is what allowed him to get around his mute, not him.

If this is the case, then i'm actually gonna +1 for an unban. If anyone can tell me i'm completely bat shit wrong, then never mind :derp:.

Bit something to add here that might be relevant. I had a similar situation when muting @Foxingkat on jailbreak a few days ago where on the very next round, his mute was no longer in place. At first I assumed he was avoiding his mute, but he had not left and returned to the server so I took a minute to think and got a hunch.

I was able to confirm this hunch just now, where when players are muted and then unmuted at the start of the round, it overrides any mutes put on them without actually removing said mute. I tested this with both a mute and silence on a willing player, and had the exact same results.

Now I have no idea if our friend here had happened to leave and return or done anything else to get around his silence, but if it were simply that 7 minutes had past, well enough for a new round to have started, then he may very well have done nothing. Simply put i'm in the belief that the server is what allowed him to get around his mute, not him.

If this is the case, then i'm actually gonna +1 for an unban. If anyone can tell me i'm completely bat shit wrong, then never mind :derp:.

I believe you're right. Thats how csgo jailbreak works and its a pain.

I believe you're right. Thats how csgo jailbreak works and its a pain.

Wait... the plugin uses the default Sourcemod mute? Dear Lord, how has this not caused problems like this before?

+1 for unban

I have had issues causing me to need to re mute a user after a point has been captured and the round restarts. It is a pain but it's something that we don't have control of. As it does appear to be evasion, it is not and it is all the plugins fault for not processing things properly.

+1 I don't think he should be punished for avoiding a mute when the situation was due to a glitch on the server, and he had no intention of actually avoiding a mute.

Unfortunately I don't think it is something we can fix unless the SourceBans and SourceMod developers make some sort of patch or quick-fix plugin for this.

Unfortunately I don't think it is something we can fix unless the SourceBans and SourceMod developers make some sort of patch or quick-fix plugin for this.

I has nothing to do with sourcebans or sourcemod, the dev for the jb plugin needs to not use the normal sourcemod method of muting people.

Anyway, +1 for unban.

I has nothing to do with sourcebans or sourcemod, the dev for the jb plugin needs to not use the normal sourcemod method of muting people.

Anyway, +1 for unban.

Oh, sorry... I didn't know they have their own setup for running things. It happened at TGH so I figured it was just the plugin.