AceActual

The Machina...

Alright so I had to make this post.

After hearing people rage to me about the Machina being a crutch, I decided it’s about time to bring this up. Machina: Why do people use it?

Personally, I use it to just piss people off and get that satisfying penetration kill.

Why do other people use it though? Because of the 15% damage? I dunno. I really would like to see what all of you think though. Also if classicgamer64 sees this... I’m the better penetration killer.

eh, idk tbh. :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

like a lot of others, i also use the machina for mainly hs practice cuz of the trail, but honestly callin it a "crutch" cuz "bodyshot warriors use it" kinda is a bit silly when u consider how hard snipin' is...

really the sydney slep-er (or the piss riffle lol) is the bodyshooter gun, but apparently now it extenquishes teammates so.... idk maybe its useful now and not so scummy like the "dang-er" shield is, lmao :emoji_yum:

I use it because for some reason the sound it makes makes me more accurate.

Oh yeah I love this gun because I'm actually a bad sniper.

[spoiler=how james blew 20$]ai.gyazo.com_25d96c969b69d24d35522a914ec5aec7.png.60ff8a8c443cc99a6099d4e10daaf10f.png

1) What @TheSupremePatriot said is 100% true. No joke, I can hit my shots easier when I know I'm going to hear this. Maybe the tracer rounds are helpful, too, in deterring how far off my shot is if I miss so I can do better next time.

2) It's a direct upgrade to stock. Sure, no-scopes are useful, but half the time you can pull of a quick-scope at close range anyways and tracer rounds are only a problem in competitive games, in which the gun is banned anyways in.

3) Penetrations (lenny) are rare, but when you do get them, they're very cool and you feel like you've just made a major contribution to your team, and the best part is everyone on the server gets to hear that glorious sound. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlt6EXMGlN8

(headphone warning!)

4) Finally, the gun looks cool. It just does.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

2) It's a direct upgrade to stock. Sure, no-scopes are useful, but half the time you can pull of a quick-scope at close range anyways and tracer rounds are only a problem in competitive games, in which the gun is banned anyways in.

No, I disagree. Though it can be very useful in situations with hallways and where the enemy is generally stacked, this weapon just means you struggle really hard if you are up-close with someone. It's not exactly the easiest thing landing a close range shot at all, especially on a Scout or someone who knows how to work around the Sniper.

The stock Sniper Rifle allows you to deal with that with a much more reliable shot as you can see much more around you and your sensitivity is back to normal so you don't have to swing your mouse half-way across your mouse mat. 50 damage per bodyshot, so if you land 2 of them that's already 100 damage. If you use SMG or Cleaner's Carbine, you can finish them off pretty easily if you can track.

The trace rounds are a huge deal but it's map dependent. For example, if you're playing on a map such as goldenrod where there's a really long sniper tunnel, it's not that surprising to see where the machina is being shot from. It doesn't really give you that much of a disadvantage to use it. However, on maps that don't have this tunnel or if you position yourself differently on goldenrod, such as on the top of the PokeMart, you don't see this nearly as often and I doubt people check it as often as the sniper tunnel. If you see someone using the machina miss that shot, you instantly know where they are and you can escape or fight. If you use the sniper in that situation, you'd be much more likely to get the kill since there's no tracing lines.

Examples of direct-upgrades to stock are:

Fire Axe -> Third Degree

Bonesaw -> (old) Solemn Vow (used to have no downside)

Oh yeah I love this gun because I'm actually a bad sniper.

[spoiler=how james blew 20$][ATTACH=full]32284[/ATTACH]

1) What @TheSupremePatriot said is 100% true. No joke, I can hit my shots easier when I know I'm going to hear this. Maybe the tracer rounds are helpful, too, in deterring how far off my shot is if I miss so I can do better next time.

3) Penetrations (lenny) are rare, but when you do get them, they're very cool and you feel like you've just made a major contribution to your team, and the best part is everyone on the server gets to hear that glorious sound. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlt6EXMGlN8

(headphone warning!)

4) Finally, the gun looks cool. It just does.

If I could find a normal sniper rifle mod, that would be able to add a tracer effect and the machine shot sound... I would use it a lot more.

38F2514B-DDF2-42B3-A135-F84F6AB4786B.thumb.png.6d15b61698ef41841f1645e8801c8f04.png

I need to add strange parts :/

Edited by TheSupremePatriot (see edit history)