Team Fortress 2
  • In-Game Name
    Sorex
  • Identity
    STEAM_0:0:437488554
  • Ban Type
    Server Ban
  • Information

So I joined the server and some lady was talking in voice chat. As I joke I asked if it was a guy then she said she would mute me (probably meaning the default in game cilent side mute) a little bit later tekage  server muted me for "playing dumb" aka saying I dont live under a bridge when somebody called me a troll. After that I didnt feel like complaining in chat so I changed my name to tekage the BADmin which got me instantly votekicked. After I rejoined he said he would ban me if I didnt change my name so I said I would (and I instantly changed it in steam) and then said that was abuse of admin powers and that after you change your steam username it takes time to update in tf2. He then said I have to the end of the map change for my name to revert back in game so I didnt worry about it as I had already changed it on steam. About 3 minutes later I got banned which was before the stated time of map change aka the timer on that map running out. I feel as if this is abuse since I didnt say anything too rude and I did change my name on steam instantly and I still had time for it to change in tf2 before he claimed he would ban me.

You were trolling me calling me a guy consitantly and trolling. Tekage muted you for harrasment and you changed your name to Tekage BADmin and continued to harrass and troll in chat despite everyone asking you to stop

Super blatant trolling

I joined the server to find you disrespecting @VinylScratch and clearly, she didn't like it. She even told you to stop being disrespectful and harassing her as a warning. You continued, so I muted you for trolling and harassment. You then proceeded to change your name on Steam to "Tekage the BADmin", which is quite obviously trolling with the intent of a reaction off of me. Therefore, I kicked you for trolling and harassment. You instantly rejoined and I asked you politely to change your name, of which you did not. I gave you until a long enough time to change your name, yet according to the server, you did not. As far as I'm aware, there are no problems with changing your name on our servers at any time and they should do it pretty much instantly. As a result, I banned you for an hour.

We follow these guidelines as staff members: Warn -> mute/gag (if neccessary) -> kick -> ban

I have a demo of me changing my name from one thing to another on Surf, the server we were on to prove that changing your name at any time on the server shouldn't make a difference, not just on clientside, either. If you would like me to provide it, I'd be more than happy to.

I also have a demo from after when he was muted as I intended to record the chat logs where I used "@", but unfortunately learned the hard way that chat logs can't be recorded. Whoops. (Higherups please bring the @all chat command to attention as it's important ban protests)

OP should wait his punishment out.

1 minute ago, Tekage said:

I joined the server to find you disrespecting @VinylScratch and clearly, she didn't like it. She even told you to stop being disrespectful and harassing her as a warning. You continued, so I muted you for trolling and harassment. You then proceeded to change your name on Steam to "Tekage the BADmin", which is quite obviously trolling with the intent of a reaction off of me. Therefore, I kicked you for trolling and harassment. You instantly rejoined and I asked you politely to change your name, of which you did not. I gave you until a long enough time to change your name, yet according to the server, you did not. As far as I'm aware, there are no problems with changing your name on our servers at any time and they should do it pretty much instantly. As a result, I banned you for an hour.

We follow these guidelines as staff members: Warn -> mute/gag (if neccessary) -> kick -> ban

I have a demo of me changing my name from one thing to another on Surf, the server we were on to prove that changing your name at any time on the server shouldn't make a difference, not just on clientside, either. If you would like me to provide it, I'd be more than happy to.

I also have a demo from after when he was muted as I intended to record the chat logs where I used "@", but unfortunately learned the hard way that chat logs can't be recorded. Whoops. (Higherups please bring the @all chat command to attention as it's important ban protests)

OP should wait his punishment out.

Name changes are CAN be delayed as in not always. I had a ping if 90+ so that might be the issue. Did you even check my steam profile because I changed my name literally instantly btw.

21 minutes ago, VinylScratch said:

You were trolling me calling me a guy consitantly and trolling. Tekage muted you for harrasment and you changed your name to Tekage BADmin and continued to harrass and troll in chat despite everyone asking you to stop

Super blatant trolling

After I changed my name I said very little in chat. Perhaps you should read a bit closer next time

5 minutes ago, Sorex said:

Name changes are CAN be delayed as in not always. I had a ping if 90+ so that might be the issue. Did you even check my steam profile because I changed my name literally instantly btw.

After I changed my name I said very little in chat. Perhaps you should read a bit closer next time

I live in the UK; I have a constant 130 ping. Never been an issue for me. Not to mention the fact I banned you with the command /ban BADmin 60

Just before I banned you I checked the scoreboard and scrolled up in chat to find a name change. No name change.

Edited by Tekage
Accidentally wrote the wrong ban time here (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, Tekage said:

I live in the UK; I have a constant 130 ping. Never been an issue for me. Not to mention the fact I banned you with the command /ban BADmin 60

Just before I banned you I checked the scoreboard and scrolled up in chat to find a name change. No name change.

Re-read what I said I asked if you had checked my steam profile not tf2. Im assuming you did not check it because you just said you checked the scoreboard. Either way there was some sort of delay and my steam profile had been changed

If there was some kind of delay, despite it not being an issue in the demo I've recorded, then I apologise. However, as far as we were all aware, your name had not been changed and your name was still "Tekage the BADmin" and worked under sourcebans. I still feel the ban was justified.

Regardless of whether you changed your name or not, your ban has expired. When joining the server, type !motd to get a full list of rules and please try to stay out of trouble.

@Kypari ban has expired. Please close.

36 minutes ago, Sorex said:

Re-read what I said I asked if you had checked my steam profile not tf2. Im assuming you did not check it because you just said you checked the scoreboard. Either way there was some sort of delay and my steam profile had been changed

If your name has not changed on the scoreboard then the warning should be a sign of such.  I know sometimes it just doesn't show namechanges immediately, but if it's still on the scoreboard and your visible name on the server then your best bet may be just to reconnect in the future to prevent this from happening again.

Ban has expired.

Closed~