Member/Moderator Submissions

Should we do this?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should we do this?

• Yes, i agree
    • No, this is a bad idea
    • I don't mind really
    • I would agree, but others should still be able to give their opinions

I do kinda agree with segway. I mean its def importanf for community to have input, but maybe the mods should have the real voting power mainly bc of this: -1 you kill me too much or -1 you freekilled me once 6 weeks ago. At least staff members generally won't hold personal grudges. Im not trying to say the xG is bad, ily guys. But come on you guys probobly know exactly who im talking about who would do this.

I don't see a problem with the way member submissions run it's just when it comes to mod.

Too many times can you see a band of merry men either +1 or -1 a friend or foes application over really trivial issues that get blown out of proportion. I think it would be better off if only mods and above could vouch for a member to become mod.

Thanks for stealing my idea :P. Anyways, i agree with this. For example, if segway freekilled a newer member (or some older members...sadly) on accident, and then put up a mod submission. Too often, that player will put up a -1 because of that one mistake. Usually, they cover it up by saying shit like "immature", or "breaks the rules". This happens a lot more than you'd think. Thats why i believe only mods and up should be able to vouch for mods. Like it was before there was mod submissions. In the magical times long long ago. Back when asking for powers was frowned upon. Back when ALL of the mods/admins were awesome, not just a handful...

Increasing the post requirement for becoming a moderator would be a good start. Becoming a member of xG should also hold some special privileges now (Nothing TOO fancy). Maybe just ONE free hat/trail/color but not the whole package? Might give members more incentive to donate and help the clan. I'm personally broke as hell right now, so I can't even spare a dollar.

I think moderators/admins etc. should be the only ones allowed to vote for mod submissions, same idea with how only members can vouch. They SHOULD be allowed to have their opinion heard, but they shouldn't be allowed to vote in my opinion. Also the vouching protocol really REALLY needs to be stricter. It should be an absolute MUST to follow the criteria given in the link Aegean, that way we can at least be formal and look nice with it.

You should listen the mod protocol changes I sent you, if you ever got em!

The thing about mod submissions is that there is no set number of vouches you need before getting mod, so having only mods vouch but letting everyone voice their opinion wouldn't really change anything. I also like letting the community vouch as what mods see while they are moderating, and what members see while they are playing can be really different. Anyways the number of posts it requires to make a mod submission might be changed soon.

People will just post more dumb pointless crap if you up the post count. It shouldn't even matter at all.

By the way, staff members are also human. They're going to hold grudges and be pitiful like any one else.

People will just post more dumb pointless crap if you up the post count. It shouldn't even matter at all.

By the way, staff members are also human. They're going to hold grudges and be pitiful like any one else.

Then said person shouldnt have powers...

They will keep it anyway...

Because they're people.

Thus this is the same reason why only allowing the small group of people have more control would be a bad thing.

Like I said before, they'll either do what the community says which makes having staff votes only count useless, or...

They're going to be personally bias, go against the majority, and end up power abusing and being elitist.

Yeah, I admit, most people here let any body join, but at least it's their decision as a whole.

You know, which is kind of the point of being in a... clan? Right? Yeah, a clan.