Sign in to follow this  
Twink

Perma banned for no reason?

Hi there, I'm assuming this all was some sort of mistake, and an admin accidentally banned me. No offense to the admin in question, however I found it very distasteful, and rather juvenile, to ban me for absolutely no reason whatsoever, and without any sort of warning whatsoever.

I would like to hear an explanation on how the admin "syn" came to the conclusion that I was either exploiting or multihacking, as I truly am bedazzled at how he/she came to such a conclusion. Anyways, as I mentioned I enjoyed playing this new game type in TF2 and would have returned to the server again if I wasn't perma-banned.

I appreciate the time you've taken to read this and I look forward to your response.

I don't have any input on this topic since I'm not involved, but you're the first person in a few weeks who submitted a ban protest using proper grammar. It restores my faith in humanity a little.

Hello, Twink. ^^

I was figuring this would come up, I spent ages with duke trying to figure this out. I'm unsure what was going on, or what you were doing, if this was hacks or exploiting the server or some random ass glitch. but I did what I must to ensure my choice. I'd like to note this isn't the first time I've banned for seeing this same exact situation used on xG servers. I'm unsure if this a mistake, but if it is, so be it.

So,

Whilst playing in Random, I was killed by Twink, no biggie - but when the kill-cam zoomed in, Twink hadn't even left spawn. It appeared he was just standing there, firing from spawn, through the walls. I watched for a few moments to continue seeing him kill players with the Syringe gun, but yet never moved from spawn. When I asked Duke (The other guy in the server), about Twinks where abouts when the assists were occurring between the two of them, Duke stated he did NOT see Twink anywhere near him. I spec'd Duke, and never saw Twink any where around the area I saw kills occurring or when the assists happened. I rejoined the server to attempt to see if it was a glitch beforehand & if it would be fixed, it did not appear to be so. He still appeared to be within his spawn, shooting and killing abnormally, not receiving damage from any source I could see possible, and never moving from his location. I should've screened it. I didn't gather proof because I felt this was firsthand proof and the action was needed, resulting in the ban.

If this was in fact a glitch, it was rather odd that even Duke couldn't see him running around while the kills occurred/assisted near him, to me it appeared as if he was standing, in his spawn, firing at people through the spawn walls. I have seen a similar instance I banned for on Saxton Hale (In the KOTH pre-round) where an engie was building his sentry's outside in random locations AND firing at me, but sat in his spawn without moving. When I ran OVER to the other spawn to see him and where he was, he just sitting inside the back of his spawn where I could NOT get in or cause any damage. He would fire outside the doors of his spawn, hitting & killing me and others through every wall in the map although he should not have been able to.

If this ban was wrongly placed & somehow this was one fucked up glitch, I apologize. But as far as I saw, something was not right. And I did what I could to be sure I wasn't just seeing things before I made the choice. So if you tell me, its either the server made a big oops or someone was being naughty~ I doubt the oddity that the server did this. I mean unless for some reason me & duke saw what appeared to be a ghost standing & firing through walls with his username and he was running around completely invisible to us while this ghost stood there. *Shrug*

Whatever choice from here is made I'm cool with~ Like I said, if I made a mistake and those feel this should be lifted then do so. it's my bad. I did what I felt was best due to what me & my clan-mate saw.

What Syn said, When you/I had gotten assist kills he asked me if i saw you, at which i looked around and did not see you at all.

When he said he thinks you're hacking i also speced you when ever i died and never saw you leave spawn.

I don't mean to contradict you in any way, but I've seen this glitch in jb before. When I was playing on lotus last week, @^4danno (and then OH MAI GAWD) appeared to be in the armory. "get out of the armory!" I said. He was like "I'm right next to you, what are you talking about?" And he fired under his feet next to me. I was really confused. You can ask him what I mean lol.

I don't mean to contradict you in any way, but I've seen this glitch in jb before. When I was playing on lotus last week, @^4danno (and then OH MAI GAWD) appeared to be in the armory. "get out of the armory!" I said. He was like "I'm right next to you, what are you talking about?" And he fired under his feet next to me. I was really confused. You can ask him what I mean lol.

Yeah I've seen that happen before too, though I don't remember that example Heinsenberg (mainly because I never camp armory unless I'm afk), I do remember it happening on a separate occasion as well. Iceguru was going on about how Cookie was armory camping and such so I went and checked armory. When I arrived, I saw no such thing and armory was indeed empty. This obviously didn't stop Guru from talking about Cookie camping and everyone on the server (including Cookie lol) thought he was crazy. Turns out both of us were wrong. While I never saw Cookie in the armory (Steam Community :: Screenshot), Iceguru's CSS client still showed her as being in the armory afk, even though clearly (to everyone but Guru), she was not (Steam Community :: Screenshot)

-In my picture Ice is standing right next to me and I took the screenshot before Guru showed me his so that was the best angle I shot it at :(

Well then it appears it's just a glitch with the game/client. Since we can't prove its not just this glitch, I say unban him +1.

If you get unbanned, ( which you should ) have fun in xG's servers. :)

This has happened to me before on CSS so I can vouch for that glitch. I thought I was the only one who had this glitch o.o

+1 for his Unbanning.

This has happened multiple times in Jailbreak in which a T still appears to be inside his cell but is actually moving around with the rest of the Ts, It's an Unusual glitch that causes a lot of confusion. It happens every so often. I recommend next time to talk to Player and ask him to d/c and r/c, and if he doesn't comply kick/ban him, and if he comes back and everything is normal then move on, but if he is actually hacking, Throw down the ban hammer

I just feel like pointing this out, 2 different games guys. Never seen this glitch on tf2 before and if he rejoined the game it would have fixed it. but it didnt fix it cause he was in spawn...

I'v seen this happen on CSS but never on TF2, hell, I havent ever seen anyone hacking on TF2 either.

I say +1 to unban, but he should be closely watched as the glitch is obviously rare and (no offence) he could still have been hacking.

And this has to be the first unban protest that has more than two sentences and is written in proper grammar, well done!

Kay' I spoke with Silence and we agreed that: innocent until proven guilty. We are unsure if this was misplay or glitches.

I'm deeply sorry if I misjudged you, Twink - I only did what I felt I could based on what me & Duke saw.

~ Ban lifted

Hope you do come back~

Thread 404'd.