Matsi

Bad Mods making up rules.

You're right and wrong. This rule Does exist, however it only pertains to a Fire Drill Freeday. I won't quote the entire thing, you can look it up if need-be under the "Fire Drill" heading. This is in No way implied on a Standard Freeday that all Ts are pardoned, as it does not state so under the "Freeday" heading. Vector was in the wrong as unless we magically have bombs back, it was a standard Freeday and was therefore a freeslay (unless of course the DMs have implemented a new rule saying that Ts are pardoned, in which case disregard this). @Vector @@Warriorsfury @@DarkWolf6052

For future reference, some of you guys really should tone it down. Just because a player is acting out on something he/she doesn't think is fair, doesn't mean you have to react in such a hostile way and bite their head off. The player will obviously be distressed and annoyed, but that doesn't mean you should be too.

@@Matsi I understand if you're upset, but this is no way to act when addressing a problem you have. Slandering the CS:S Server is not necessary at all, neither is disrespecting the Staff Members of it. We're all part of the same community, so why should you act like this because no one is seeing it your way? Frustration will make you say things, which is why it's understandable, but please, refrain from disrespecting the CS:S Division when you think something is wrong. It will only make things worse and end up with a whole lot of disrespect everywhere.

- Dat guy, Forest

I took a break from this thread for a while, mostly due to my category 5 headache I have right now, but I'll take some time to type up a response to as much I possibly can. First things first Matsi, you really need to learn how to conduct yourself on forums better. If you thought this was a stupid rule or if you were unsure on whether this was a rule or not, you could have typed up this thread and put the title as something more appropriate. Titling the thread "Bad Mods making up rules" is not the way to start out your thread, especially as you've had a history of starting flame wars over minuscule things with staff you didn't see eye-to-eye with. So starting off this thread by essentially disrespecting staff isn't a great way to get anything accomplished, but you continue to show your immaturity by continuing this pointless argument far beyond the point that was ever needed. Instead of asking why this was a rule, you immediately start an argument. Lastly, let's take a quick look at the motd for a second:

Anything that is not in the MOTD is considered illegal unless an Admin says otherwise.

Anything that is not in the MOTD is considered illegal unless an Admin says otherwise.

If something is not in the motd, but considered to be a valid rule by staff currently on, it is a rule (within reason of course)

No it actually is not a rule.

No, it's actually not clarified within the motd, so unless supported by staff currently on the server, it is not a rule. However if staff currently online says that something not in the motd is legal, then it is legal (once again, only within reason). For someone who rewrote (I'm using the word "rewrote" in the most liberal sense possible, all you did was rephrase the motd and change rules so you personally could remember them better) the motd, I would expect you to understand something this incredibly simple.

I took a break from this thread for a while, mostly due to my category 5 headache I have right now, but I'll take some time to type up a response to as much I possibly can. First things first Matsi, you really need to learn how to conduct yourself on forums better. If you thought this was a stupid rule or if you were unsure on whether this was a rule or not, you could have typed up this thread and put the title as something more appropriate. Titling the thread "Bad Mods making up rules" is not the way to start out your thread, especially as you've had a history of starting flame wars over minuscule things with staff you didn't see eye-to-eye with. So starting off this thread by essentially disrespecting staff isn't a great way to get anything accomplished, but you continue to show your immaturity by continuing this pointless argument far beyond the point that was ever needed. Instead of asking why this was a rule, you immediately start an argument. Lastly, let's take a quick look at the motd for a second:

If something is not in the motd, but considered to be a valid rule by staff currently on, it is a rule (within reason of course)

and your so called moderater saying

lel so fucking mad
is mature?

I attempted to keep my post mature and even removed names and such.

Also... one could argue that the motd you mentioned says ADMIN not MOD... but either way I think they need to inform people of the rule that isnt listed.

Did you see the rebel or not?

He was called out by warden BY NAME to be a rebel and I was told to find him and kill him, I was looking for him long before the warden died.

I don't remember if he was one I had actually seen myself to be rebeling but I assumed that the warden did since he called by name that he was rebeling...

No it actually is not a rule.

No, it's actually not clarified within the motd, so unless supported by staff currently on the server, it is not a rule. However if staff currently online says that something not in the motd is legal, then it is legal (once again, only within reason). For someone who rewrote (I'm using the word "rewrote" in the most liberal sense possible, all you did was rephrase the motd and change rules so you personally could remember them better) the motd, I would expect you to understand something this incredibly simple.

And if that is how it works, I am fine with that and understand that not ALL rules can be listed... but for something so entirely not obvious for a rule, and something that differs on other servers and CS:GO, it would have been better done to inform me of the rule instead of just slaying me.

and your so called moderater saying

lel so fucking mad
is mature?

I attempted to keep my post mature and even removed names and such.

Also... one could argue that the motd you mentioned says ADMIN not MOD... but either way I think they need to inform people of the rule that isnt listed.

Did you see the rebel or not?

He was called out by warden BY NAME to be a rebel and I was told to find him and kill him, I was looking for him long before the warden died.

I don't remember if he was one I had actually seen myself to be rebeling but I assumed that the warden did since he called by name that he was rebeling...

I think if you didn't see the rebel yourself, and the warden was killed, and it became a freeday, his orders don't stand after that, so.. it sorta would be a freekill

LOL CS GO is not css, different rules. just because a Dl of csgo said, they are still rebels after its called freeday in cs go,doesnt mean we have that rule here. Stop trashing other divsions if you are part of Csgo. CSGO IS NOT CSS! maybe instead of going to another division to ask a question about a rule, maybe ask a DM or a DL of this Div.

I think if you didn't see the rebel yourself, and the warden was killed, and it became a freeday, his orders don't stand after that, so.. it sorta would be a freekill

I've seen other CSS staff and myself enforce this rule

Basically what I just said was..

Warden gave a CT orders towards a rebel

Warden died

No one called it

Freeday happened, meaning wardens orders do not stand

Matsi was searching for the rebel that he doesn't remember if he saw or not, but when orders no longer stood, the order he was given by the warden became invalid

LOL CS GO is not css, different rules. just because a Dl of csgo said, they are still rebels after its called freeday in cs go,doesnt mean we have that rule here. Stop trashing other divsions if you are part of Csgo. CSGO IS NOT CSS! maybe instead of going to another division to ask a question about a rule, maybe ask a DM or a DL of this Div.

You should read up on the thread before you talk out your ass, kid.

You're right and wrong. This rule Does exist, however it only pertains to a Fire Drill Freeday. I won't quote the entire thing, you can look it up if need-be under the "Fire Drill" heading. This is in No way implied on a Standard Freeday that all Ts are pardoned, as it does not state so under the "Freeday" heading. Vector was in the wrong as unless we magically have bombs back, it was a standard Freeday and was therefore a freeslay

You should read up on the thread before you talk out your ass, kid.

You're right and wrong. This rule Does exist, however it only pertains to a Fire Drill Freeday. I won't quote the entire thing, you can look it up if need-be under the "Fire Drill" heading. This is in No way implied on a Standard Freeday that all Ts are pardoned, as it does not state so under the "Freeday" heading. Vector was in the wrong as unless we magically have bombs back, it was a standard Freeday and was therefore a freeslay

Why does everyone find it necessary to provide some sort of smart ass comment to other people's replies. Again, wasn't really necessary. Obviously there is no definite answer on this rule, so why don't we all just calm down and figure that out. Being dicks to each other isn't mature.

I think we need input from @@DarkWolf6052 @@Gkoo @@Chrono about this "rule". Is it really that hard to let something as simple as a freeslay (which by the way was in no way intentional, it was an ACCIDENT) go, and actually solve the problem?

WOAH, since I was dragged in here, this is how it is supposed to be enforced, like forest said.

If there is a rebel, and you actually see him rebelling, like shooting at you, then he is a rebel lets say he kills warden then runs away, and you chase him. nobody calls warden, 15 seconds pass, admins say freeday. he was an active rebel. thus you can still kill him as he had a gun and was shooting. but lets say that he was a rebel who was just hiding in surf (as in the case here) and an admin calls a freeday, then in that case, you must have some of the following criteria: You know the exact name of the rebel, how is this done? there are 2 Ts left alive, one non rebel and the other being the one hiding in surf. warden gets killed (or slain) but you know the one non rebel, you are still actively pursuing the rebel, 15 seconds pass and then there is an admin called freeday. free days in no way pardon rebels (save fire-drill which does not exist without bombs)

This case: 1 player in cell block other rebel after warden freekilled mullin, 15 seconds admin called freeday [the 1 in cells can run free] but the last person who was hiding who was a designated rebel came out and ran at matsi. he was still a rebel as he received no official pardon. matsi stabbed his pooper and then got slayed by vector.

What was wrong? Vector slayed matsi after the player complained in all chat.

Why did vector slay? confusion in the way a freeday and pardons work.

What have we learned? if you know exactly who the rebel is and you can verify that (small group of people followed orders and they are all in one location and rebel comes out w/o a pardon) he is indeed a rebel after an admin calls freeday, kill his ass, and don't slay the CT for doing it. that is how it should be handled.

Should there be a punishment for a misunderstanding? no.

Is this better clarified? yes.

Should there be disrespect coming out of matsi? no.

I believe everyone here agrees on this after understanding the reasoning.