xGShadowSpy

Freeshooting.

Freeshooting, allowed or not?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Freeshooting, allowed or not?

because darkwolf is your friend who prob got you DM

DAYUM, I can feel the burn through my monitor! Want some ointment for it John? I love how ShadowSpy brings up a theoretical event, and you guys decide to take something from in-game that happened and start fucking arguing about it. Shadow asked the question: "You're a T, you are following orders and a CT purposely shoots you, is that slayable?". You should not be posting on this god-forsaken thread unless you're going to answer the question he presented. This thread was not made for the purpose of arguing over in-game semantics. Get back on topic, because this thread is spiraling into oblivion pretty quickly.

Now back to the issue hand (@@John huehuehuehuehue). If a CT comes up to you, and you are a T following orders perfectly fine, and proceeds to freeshoot you, it should be a slay-able offense. If someone is going to be that much of an asshat and just shoot you for absolutely no reason because he has the attention span of a 5-year old and gets bored when there isn't constant gunfire and action going on in-game, he clearly should be slayed for not doing his job as a CT. Just because something isn't necessarily in the motd, doesn't mean it's not a rule. For example, freekilling is defined not a single time in the motd at any point, so does that mean that freekilling now mystically isn't a rule and people can freekill? The answer to that is: FUCK NO. Staff isn't just supposed to blindly follow the motd like a bunch of lemmings, but we also have to interpret and determine what the motd contains, and what should be deemed right or wrong based on the motd. Just use some common sense people.

@@diabeetus THANK YOU, i did mean to base it off of what happened to me, but i did say "Lets say yadda yadda yadda happened". @@John isnt replying to this anymore anyways, maybe he found that he is wrong, and that odds are against him.

@@diabeetus The arguement between John and shadow is whether or not shadow was actually delaying/detouring. Now John at the time was specing the guy who shot shadow and he beleived shadow was delaying. Shadow on the other hand believed he wasn't delaying and so he slayed the guy that shot him. Now John is also saying the reasoning for the guy shooting Shadow is for delaying, but this is what John thinks. Neither of them asked the guy why he shot shadow so there is nothing to support whether Shadow was actually freeshot or not.

Now on the topic of freeshooting. It is situational. If it is one freeshot and it does very little damage and does not bring them close to death it is not a big deal, but if it does a lot of damage, brings them close to death, and/or happens multiple times to one or more people then the person should be slayed. This has so much gray area and it is hard to differentiate whether the freeshooting is a slayable offense or not. The reason we have our powers is because we are trusted to make these desicions based on what is given to us. We will not always be perfect, but mistakes make us better mods/admins.

Just my 2 cents.

Btw I don't think the guy should have been slayed since Shadow did not ask why he was shot.

Freeshooting is NEVER ALOWED! We all know our motd here, if the PERSON was intentionally delaying and got shot he will get shot on sight. If you did get free shot for no REASON then thats a reason he can get slayed.

Each situation has a different approach. As a staff member you are suppose to know how to handle a situation. If you notice the free shooting is aggravating people then do something about it. If it isn't then don't be a lollerskater.

All I'm saying is that each and every rule shouldn't be asked upon. You become the bigger man and make your own decision because we weren't there.

@@PiNoYPsYcHo No rule says freeshooting is slayable in all fairness. I haven't read the ridiculously long comments cuz it's just turning into unwarranted insults.

The end of the story should be that no rule says you can't freeshoot. Shouldnt we stick strictly to the MOTD and perhaps add a bit saying "warning shots are A-OK" to stop ALLLLL this petty arguing?

It's pretty much self explanatory, I remember one of the co's saying free shooting was indeed a slayable offense. But as GKOO says, you don't have to make a thread on every freekill/slay. Dnt want alot of people complaining and spamming the forums. Ur a staff member u should do the right thing :)

@@PiNoYPsYcHo No rule says freeshooting is slayable in all fairness. I haven't read the ridiculously long comments cuz it's just turning into unwarranted insults.

The end of the story should be that no rule says you can't freeshoot. Shouldnt we stick strictly to the MOTD and perhaps add a bit saying "warning shots are A-OK" to stop ALLLLL this petty arguing?

I like you.

Have the rest of my wendys sandwich.

I like you.

We don't have Wendys. This best be a damn good bit of sandwich

I like you.

We don't have Wendys. This best be a damn good bit of sandwich

It is.

'Merica.

@@Gkoo i did make my own decision, i slayed the CT then John slayed me.

Let me read through all the posts. I apologize for not doing so earlier.

Gkoo, i hadn't mentioned that on those posts, so dont bother, unless you still want to, basically i slayed a guy for freeshooting me when i was doing orders, then john slayed me, then we argued about freeshooting being allowed if for 1 T blah blah blah and so on.

• Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    TurdWig