DarkWolf6052

Staff Activity

I have noticed a lot recently that we have had a substantial drop in activity from our staff. It wasn't as much as a problem until this past week; where it has become much worse.

First thing I'll point out, we have a total of 34 Moderators and Administrators, plus the 3 Division Managers and 1 Division Leader.

If its halfway through the day and there are more than 20 people on, there should not be a time that no staff are on.

Over the past 5 days alone, I've been getting called on Jailbreak due to no staff being on, and rule breakers on. I don't have a problem getting on and taking care of rule breakers, but it says something when everyone goes to me, rather than any of the 34 Mods/Admins.

I understand you guys do play other games, I do too. And I understand it's around the time school is starting back up. I'm going to be starting back to school soon as well. But we can't be having continuous days where no admins are on. That is not acceptable and becoming a major problem.

Secondly, I'll point out, if you're the only admin on, try not to leave until you get another staff member to take over your shift.

If this continues to be a problem, highly inactive Staff Members will be demoted. We can't keep having this happen.

One thread related to this topic is here: Staff Inactivity Regarding no staff on with 20+ people on.

@@HighSociety

@@Gkoo @@Hidingmaster @@DarkWolf6052

@@snakeboyeric @@DeathGod @@Cristo @@diabeetus @@Hellafun13 @@Yuno_Gasai @@Gawd @@orangejuice @@LostCause @@TurdWig @@Unit12p @@Warriorsfury @@Zeal @@arvelez @@Genesis @@DaddioDoug @@DrPepperPhreak @@JakeEnglish @@WhyJewMad @@John @@JINGS @@kbshooter2 @@Matsi @@Rhoukar @@Sarcast1cninja @@Sep0h @@xShadowSpyx @@Sporky @@payturr @@BaileyJay @@TheAlpha31 @@Nub1234 @@SyrJirk

TL: DR: Get more active or you may get demoted

@@Forest @@HighSociety @@Gkoo @@DarkWolf6052 @@Hidingmaster @@snakeboyeric @@DeathGod @@Cristo @@Hellafun13 @@diabeetus @@Yuno_Gasai @@orangejuice @@Gawd @@LostCause @@TurdWig @@Unit12p @@Warriorsfury @@Zeal @@arvelez @@Genesis @@DaddioDoug @@DrPepperPhreak @@JakeEnglish @@WhyJewMad @@John @@JINGS @@kbshooter2 @@Matsi @@Sarcast1cninja @@Sep0h @@xShadowSpyx @@Sporky @@payturr @@BaileyJay @@TheAlpha31 @@Nub1234 @@SyrJirk @@PiNoYPsYcHo

I have had a discussion with this already with someone.

The reason for us being less active, (as far as i know) is because the server is getting repetitive and boring.

Something needs to be added to get us back in, Because joining the server, with 1 other staff member on, Then them leaving and you getting stuck in there is kinda terrible. Since no other staff members will want to join because.. as i said.. "the server is getting repetitive and boring"

Plus i try to at LEAST be on for 1 hour a day. If that's not enough, then just demote me.

(Not saying i will ONLY be on for 1 hour a day, Just when it's really boring then i'll leave sooner than normal.)

Edit: CONGRATULATIONS FATWOLF ON BEING THE 1,000TH DISCUSTHINGYMABIGGY

CAPS CAPS

*Point to add, if you are in the server and you are the only mod/admin on, don't be on a team, go to spec. It helps you to watch the overall perspective of the game instead of just what you hear/what you see.

I do my best to spend at the very least 30 to 90 mins admining on the days that I am on. Most of the time I'm on there are usually at the very least 1-3 other mods or admins on. So, I feel as if though there are isolated instances most of the time we do always have at least several moderators or higher on.

Now to be honest, after 2+ years of playing on jailbreak and over 1.5 years of moderating/admining it has become pretty stale. What's even worse is that it's hard to enjoy playing when everyones messaging you about rule breakers. Now obviously these are things admins need to deal with, it's the reason we are admins. The reason I am saying it is because many admins and moderators have become inactive because it truly has become more of a chore.

As with anything there are periods of time where we simply get bored, and also periods of time where we get back into things. As staff members, hopefully we can try our best to at least put a bit of effort to spend a portion of our time online helping out the server, even if we are bored. (Especially since some of you are on for 8+ hours every day xd)

My personal opinion is that though staff should be encouraged to be active, they shouldn't necessarily be outright demoted for slight inactivity, especially those who have spent such a large portion of their time in the past helping the server with little personal gain for themselves. Obviously there are extreme cases where people haven't been on in ages, and those can be dealt with as they have already been in recent/previous demotions.

I will try my best to be on, but especially with work and school coming up I'm not gonna be able to pull off incredible 3 hour shifts lel.

I do my best to spend at the very least 30 to 90 mins admining on the days that I am on.

^

Now to be honest, after 2+ years of playing on jailbreak and over 1.5 years of moderating/admining it has become pretty stale. What's even worse is that it's hard to enjoy playing when everyones messaging you about rule breakers. Now obviously these are things admins need to deal with, it's the reason we are admins. The reason I am saying it is because many admins and moderators have become inactive because it truly has become more of a chore.

^^

As with anything there are periods of time where we simply get bored, and also periods of time where we get back into things. As staff members, hopefully we can try our best to at least put a bit of effort to spend a portion of our time online helping out the server, even if we are bored. (Especially since some of you are on for 8+ hours every day xd)

^^^

My personal opinion is that though staff should be encouraged to be active, they shouldn't necessarily be outright demoted for slight inactivity, especially those who have spent such a large portion of their time in the past helping the server with little personal gain for themselves.

+1

I will try my best to be on, but especially with work and school coming up I'm not gonna be able to pull off incredible 3 hour shifts lel.

^^^^

Only gawd needs to make posts.

You guys need me bad I suppose. Sorry, I can't get steam to work and I highly would still try to enforce rules (It's in my blood) Like I said, I left the clan but I would still love to play on xG servers, I pop in the minecraft one every so often. I just can't log on to steam until further notice. Also I like playing pony games. ^_^

Any of the older staff who say they enjoy jailbreak are lying through their teeth. It's so dull and boring at this point, I only find it enjoyable when friends are on. With all the little kids, furries, and bronies who play now give jailbreak a daycare atmosphere(which makes it so much harder to even be on the server).

Any of the older staff who say they enjoy jailbreak are lying through their teeth. It's so dull and boring at this point, I only find it enjoyable when friends are on. With all the little kids, furries, and bronies who play now give jailbreak a daycare atmosphere(which makes it so much harder to even be on the server).

*licks*

*licks*

No...

What @@MineCrack said. I've played JB for so long that its not fun unless you have friends on, When it's only 8 year olds who scream on their mic or randoms who dont know rules I don't enjoy it, Granted I still try to get on everyday (been off past 3 days since I been playing the mass effect series again, since I got bored needed to take a break from JB)

you know minigames, surf, and all the other CSS servers are apart of the CSS division right? Granted JB is the most populated and has the most rule breakers, being on other xG CSS servers doesn't mean we aren't active. and what minecrack and gawd said, JB has become so stale and boring that it demotivates staff to go on. a lot of people have ventured to other divisions, for example i have been playing more TF2 and Gmod. When silence gives poncher powers and actually listens to us then maybe we can get things going again. but, with the things are looking like right now i doubt it.

you know minigames, surf, and all the other CSS servers are apart of the CSS division right? Granted JB is the most populated and has the most rule breakers, being on other xG CSS servers doesn't mean we aren't active. and what minecrack and gawd said, JB has become so stale and boring that it demotivates staff to go on. a lot of people have ventured to other divisions, for example i have been playing more TF2 and Gmod. When silence gives poncher powers and actually listens to us then maybe we can get things going again. but, with the things are looking like right now i doubt it.
100% Right. More people need to have that attitude