Haxx

Official Ruling Of Jb_new_summer_v2 Helicopter

Can we get some official ruling for the helicopter on jb_Summer_v2. For those of you who don't know where/what the helicopter is I have provided screenshots before. I've asked @DrLee about it and he says he has no opinion on it. The reason as to why this is an issue is due to the fact that on the previous version of Summer we had, it was restricted because it "lagged" the server or other people. This version is an official release of the map (The previous version we had was a beta) and it doesn't lag the server when you turn the helicopter. The only problem I see with it is just the camping problem that it can give us. There was a previous thread about it

Clarification - New Summer V.2 | Xeno Gamers There was no answer to it just a bunch of suggestions and arguments that I already said.

All the staff members have mixed opinions and are confused on the verdict. So I'm hoping this will finally end the confusion.

Tagging Cls and other important people

@ThePenguin @Hidingmaster @diabeetus @Gawd @DrLee @Bleed @Rhododendron

2014_06_10_0000.thumb.jpg.234427c43fde99c4b651a19b5c095f11.jpg

2014_06_10.thumb.jpg.31d25200eec68ed6a3680db8625920fe.jpg

My opinion doesnt matter but here it is:

I don't think it should be restricted since the only problem with it is probably CT's/T's camping for LR/LCT, respectively. It doesn't lag the server and people inside can easily be shot, so, u kno. but as i said my opinion doesnt matter

+1 for allowing use, but camping rules still apply( for Ts during LCT and for CTs, needing 2 or more entrances to camp on freedays. CTs still have to be with Ts as well.)

welp i had already answered this many times when i was DL

@Hidingmaster and probably @DrLee know what it was.

i can still say it but i feel it's better if i didn't right now

Unrestricting it will just cost more problems than it's worth. Lag wasn't the only reason it was restricted in the first place. As you mentioned, it also played on Last CT, camping, etc.

Since lag is no longer an issue, I simply believe it should be enforced where no one can camp up there during LCT/Or as a ct.

Of course it shouldn't be restricted. It doesn't cause lag, and camping rules are enforced there as much as they're enforced anywhere so it shouldn't even be an issue.

I don't see camping as being a big enough issue to completely restrict it. I mean there's plenty of other easy to camp places on maps but they're not off limits.. Just enforce camping rules as normal. And it certainly doesn't lag me at all, so that might be a completely invalid point now.

it was re-restricted because when the heli button was re-activated, we tested it and saw no lag. so i allowed it for a while.

after about 1 week and 5 complaints later about lag, i took into mind that people still say they lag and that it's just a useless part of the map overall, and gives no real purpose other than to slay anybody on it for over 15(?) seconds (correct me if i'm wrong, but that's all it's good for)

idk ur choice @DrLee if you really believe this version fixes it. lag isn't the only problem though

• Who Viewed the Topic

2 members have viewed this topic:
    SoulCircle Donakonda