Hidingmaster

Vector, nope.avi, forge, twozerofour, others - mmo

I think I have to agree with Chrono on this one...

I could easily see how that kind of comment would be considered something that was attempting to provoke an emotional response from Egossi.

I don't think people should be constantly warned... things like that are the reason there's trolls around still that will constantly troll and troll and troll up until the point where they get warned then kicked... then they will stop for a while and then troll some more expecting the warning/kicks to be required before they will get banned.

I also do not think that something like "it's not trolling, they are just naturally an asshole" is an adequate reason to get away with it.

I think I have to agree with Chrono on this one...

I could easily see how that kind of comment would be considered something that was attempting to provoke an emotional response from Egossi.

I don't think people should be constantly warned... things like that are the reason there's trolls around still that will constantly troll and troll and troll up until the point where they get warned then kicked... then they will stop for a while and then troll some more expecting the warning/kicks to be required before they will get banned.

I also do not think that something like "it's not trolling, they are just naturally an asshole" is an adequate reason to get away with it.

I agree with this for the most part. If they stop for a while and then start again, in my opinion the warnings shouldn't be reset. They've been warned. They know what they're doing. And they shouldn't be expected to suddenly grow up.

All I hear is about how the ban reason was trolling. I have asked numerous times for specific examples of EACH person that got banned, not just what generally was happening. Also, I don't see where there was anything that was worth a ban. You can easily say that oh yeah they were trolling and over here on this rule list I havent looked at in 3 years it says that they were totally in the wrong. Its clear as day that Chrono is trying to cover his ass for these bans that he very well knows were done with too much haste. I ask the same question over and over and all I get is a vague answer that is just good enough to maybe warrant something but in the end there is nothing that screams ban worthy.

I can go out there and find a definition of trolling that makes it work for my side as well, exactly the reason I didnt use it in the first place. I'm looking at it from a purely common sense aspect. Think Vectors harsh language was too much? Fine. Look at TwoZeroFour. He literally posted a handful of gifs, if that made an "evoking emotion" that is bannable. Then every person in here should be banned because we evoked emotion in someone and made them mad. Theres a fine line between what is expected on the internet and what is something that should be moderated. If there is such a great offense taken to a few gifs, holy cow do yall got something in store for you when you browse the internet.

So I'm just gonna say this after having a look at everything.

The people in this thread: Egossi - team fortress 2 | Xeno Gamers that were shitposting should be the people banned because they went too far. If they weren't involved in that thread in a major way their ban should be lifted. (Just a day ban but a wrongful day ban in my opinion.)

So I'm just gonna say this after having a look at everything.

The people in this thread: Egossi - team fortress 2 | Xeno Gamers that were shitposting should be the people banned because they went too far. If they weren't involved in that thread in a major way their ban should be lifted. (Just a day ban but a wrongful day ban in my opinion.)

The only ones who shouldnt be banned are vector and twow/e the fuck his name is the rest of them +more should be banned for their shitposts cause i stalk this shit for laughs and only started posting recently, and you guys do nothing about people shit posting it seems cause a few of them do it over and over i would assume they get warned but not banned ever. cause no imo its not trolling its just fucking stupid to post gif/pics over and over for no legit reason when it has nothing to do with it, also fuck this thread YOU HAVE BETTER SHIT TO FUCKING DO LIKE UR JOB ABOUT THE WHOLE KITTY THING just saying. you fucks are sloww with shit.

The only ones who shouldnt be banned are vector and twow/e the fudge his name is the rest of them +more should be banned for their shitposts cause i stalk this steaming pantload for laughs and only started posting recently, and you guys do nothing about people steaming pantload posting it seems cause a few of them do it over and over i would assume they get warned but not banned ever. cause no imo its not trolling its just fudgeing stupid to post gif/pics over and over for no legit reason when it has nothing to do with it, also fudge this thread YOU HAVE BETTER steaming pantload TO fudgeING DO LIKE UR JOB ABOUT THE WHOLE KITTY THING just saying. you fudges are sloww with steaming pantload.

Just clarifying: I don't ban for forums. Just so you know I can't do much except watch and be rational when people want shit done and put my two cents. Just so no one expects me to go vigilante. (Kinda got the feeling you were expecting that. Sorry if that was wrong.)

Just clarifying: I don't ban for forums. Just so you know I can't do much except watch and be rational when people want steaming pantload done and put my two cents. Just so no one expects me to go vigilante. (Kinda got the feeling you were expecting that. Sorry if that was wrong.)

No i ment as in the CL's are slow as fuck, Aegean did more in a day then it seems they do in a week. but from shoutbox or w/e this is whats wrong with xG, lets warn them over and over or just ignore it cause its not harming anybody untill its to late and people leave or they get like this with shitposts all the time.

-1, not trolling is common sense. People troll with the knowledge that what they're doing is wrong. While some of the people banned were not as bad as others, they still did it. If anything, even more people should be banned, imo the people banned werent even the ones who were the worst with it. Also, im not just doing this just to defend chrono(I think what he did was right), I've been on the other end of his ban hammer PLENTY of times.

The forums also feature handy tools to help with moderation, which include but are not limited to: a warning system that allows moderators to warn people of forum violations

^

It isn't that difficult to use this option for all of those who shit post or troll. Not only does it warn them (better than just posting and telling them to stop) but it keeps a record of warnings for that particular individual. Long story short, you don't have to go through past threads to see if they were previously warned, just simply check their warning list. If they were warned for it already, then bam, ban them accordingly. Just don't assume every post that is directed at some (IE. Chrono is a fegget) is trolling/shit-posting because for the most part, both ends are just dicking around.

Seems to me that one of the problems here is knowing whether or not someone was warned prior to a ban, which can easily be remedied by making use of the warning system. This particular situation is a prime example in regards to the whole shit fest of who was(n't) warned and who should(n't) be banned. :coffee:

Sorry just got home. was in a pretty intense crash coming home from school.

Matsi & shadowspy pretty much summed it up. duke i guess too. the cls in the channel as well as other long standing staff all supported the rationality of the decision (prior to posting that i would ban)

Matsi & shadowspy pretty much summed it up. duke i guess too. the cls in the channel as well as other long standing staff all supported the rationality of the decision (prior to posting that i would ban)

i'm unbanned lol

Ok. So I get my ban. I posted

i'm unbanned lol

im also unbanned

ai.imgur.com_SG9LHPX.gif.0b7c392b738eea5bc021b6ae3701d659.gif