Scootaloo

Unusual server rules

So, with the completion of xG's new Unusual map, our Unusual server is now live. It's my hope that we get a lot of attention to our servers because of this, as the map in itself is, in my opinion, one of the best Unusual server maps I have ever been on.

That being said, I think we need to discuss the rules for this particular server. OFC, being an xG server, all of the basic xG rules will be applied, however it being an Unusual server, I feel that there should be some additional rules put into place in order to cover some other basics that aren't really covered in xG's core ruleset.

1. "Cancer"

This term is seen by many players as very disrespectful, even if it is true. For those of you who aren't familiar with the term, "Cancer" is used to describe Unusual hats with low-tier effects, (And sometimes low-tier hats themselves.) I've been in Unusual servers where they have barred the use of such disrespectful terminology, and I wouldn't be opposed to enforcing the same rule on our Unusual server as well. I feel that if the environment allows for disrespect that some players will not want to attend our map. This should be a discussion point: Do you think we should ban the use of the word "Cancer"?

2. Quicksells

Another thing that is barred from a LOT of Unusual servers is the advertisement that one is buying Quicksells. Lots of Unusual servers believe that people who focus solely on Quicksells is detrimental to the Unusual market and prices of specific hats. I tend to agree. I don't necessarily want to ban users from SELLING at Quicksell prices, but advertising that you are only buying Quicksells presses a stress on the players in the room to sell for lower than they are comfortable with. Once again, this should probably be another discussion point: Should we allow players to advertise that they are buying Quicksells?

3. RTD

It's no secret that Unusual servers aren't exactly combat-centric. RTD is an excellent plugin for use in servers that focus mainly on combat, so my question is this: Should we even have RTD on the Unusual server at all? There are some servers who do have large combat rooms that have the plugin enabled, but for the most part, as it stands now, our Unusual Map is not the most combat-focused map. So, should we allow the RTD plugin to remain on the server, where players can potentially roll into a No-Clip and kill/spawn sentries in important rooms, such as the opposing spawn or in the Spycrab rooms? As a moderator, I feel this would be problematic, especially when dealing with high-stakes gambles. If a high-stakes Crab was taking place, and somebody No-Clipped into the room and killed one of the participating crabbers, a shitstorm would ensue. I personally feel that it should be removed, or at the very least, certain rolls disabled.

4. Mod/Admin involvement.

Most Unusual servers allow their Admins to act as middle-men for high-stakes Crabs. This lowers the risk of someone skating off without paying for a lost Spycrab. The level of involvement is very specific however. Most servers require an ADMIN to take in large-stake crabs, so do we want to keep it that way as well? That would mean Vector will have his hands full if our server takes root and generates a lot of traffic. Or, do we want the Moderators to also be allowed to act as middle-men for this server? Another discussion point.

5. Donator perks.

I am uncomfortable with this one. Monoculus, HHH, and Merasmus will be VERY disruptive. I motion to bar all bosses from being spawned in this server. I'm sure you can understand why.

These are my main areas of focus that I want to clarify. @Nomulous , What are your thoughts on the matters at hand, and how would you like us to enforce these points? =)

2. Quicksells

Another thing that is barred from a LOT of Unusual servers is the advertisement that one is buying Quicksells. Lots of Unusual servers believe that people who focus solely on Quicksells is detrimental to the Unusual market and prices of specific hats. I tend to agree. I don't necessarily want to ban users from SELLING at Quicksell prices, but advertising that you are only buying Quicksells presses a stress on the players in the room to sell for lower than they are comfortable with. Once again, this should probably be another discussion point: Should we allow players to advertise that they are buying Quicksells?

I think that they should be allowed. Yes, it does get annoying, but at the end of the day it's still a strategy in trading.

3. RTD

It's no secret that Unusual servers aren't exactly combat-centric. RTD is an excellent plugin for use in servers that focus mainly on combat, so my question is this: Should we even have RTD on the Unusual server at all? There are some servers who do have large combat rooms that have the plugin enabled, but for the most part, as it stands now, our Unusual Map is not the most combat-focused map. So, should we allow the RTD plugin to remain on the server, where players can potentially roll into a No-Clip and kill/spawn sentries in important rooms, such as the opposing spawn or in the Spycrab rooms? As a moderator, I feel this would be problematic, especially when dealing with high-stakes gambles. If a high-stakes Crab was taking place, and somebody No-Clipped into the room and killed one of the participating crabbers, a shitstorm would ensue. I personally feel that it should be removed, or at the very least, certain rolls disabled.

+1 !rtd Is not needed for this reason:

If a high-stakes Crab was taking place, and somebody No-Clipped into the room and killed one of the participating crabbers

4. Mod/Admin involvement.

Most Unusual servers allow their Admins to act as middle-men for high-stakes Crabs. This lowers the risk of someone skating off without paying for a lost Spycrab. The level of involvement is very specific however. Most servers require an ADMIN to take in large-stake crabs, so do we want to keep it that way as well? That would mean Vector will have his hands full if our server takes root and generates a lot of traffic. Or, do we want the Moderators to also be allowed to act as middle-men for this server? Another discussion point.

Finally, I think that all xG members that meet the following requirements should be allowed to middleman:

1. Has experience of being one.

2. Has a backpack value of at least 1 bud.

3. They are trusted by the public and community.

I doubt many in xG would run off as they would be banned and potentially kicked out of xG.

Any constructive and mature criticism will be noted.

This is just my view based on person experience:

I would let ONLY admins and above middleman.

I think you should ban the term "Cancer" and just keep it at "Low Tier".

Keep this place SERIOUS. I would not use the bosses, rtd, or anything that is not serious in nature. Most unusual servers, people come on to just sell or bargain. I would try to keep it as serious as possible. (Besides, we already have the other two trade servers which are not serious, lol.)

I wouldn't ban quickselling; however, I would make it a rule that says you must state you are purchasing quicksells. We don't want someone to feel scammed because they were unaware that someone was doing this.

I agree with the current ideas, if anything Cold can add a death wall if you try to noclip into a spy crab room without using the door.

As for MM, I believe it'll need to be admin+ or a very trusted mod. I'm sure our admins, kbraszz and myself are able to MM these trades

I enquired @Nomulous about the matter for a new set of rules regarding the Unusual Server; however, I haven't heard anything about it since. On the other hand, I have recycled some rules from other servers that seem conventional to the unusual trade community, and have implemented bulletins within visual areas for temporary use to prevent something drastic from happening during the drafting process. As of yet, they only apply to Boxing and Spy-Crabbing (Not trying to assume authority, I just do not want something bad to happen). Also, I have also made bulletins of the Generalised Team Fortress 2 Trading Server Rules in both spawns, and have added the necessary links for referential purposes.

I enquired @Nomulous about the matter for a new set of rules regarding the Unusual Server; however, I haven't heard anything about it since. On the other hand, I have recycled some rules from other servers that seem conventional to the unusual trade community, and have implemented bulletins within visual areas for temporary use to prevent something drastic from happening during the drafting process. As of yet, they only apply to Boxing and Spy-Crabbing (Not trying to assume authority, I just do not want something bad to happen). Also, I have also made bulletins of the Generalised Team Fortress 2 Trading Server Rules in both spawns, and have added the necessary links for referential purposes.

The rules aren't set in stone, but since you're working with Scoot, I trust him to come up with appropriate rules to can edit in.

"That would mean Vector will have his hands full if our server takes root and generates a lot of traffic."

I guess we don't exist @TwoZeroFour @Barmithian @BonfireCentipede

Edit: Honestly, it's kind of disrespectful that you act as if we (the others admins) don't have the same leverage. We pop trade servers (sorry if it's not TGH, but nonetheless we pop our other trade servers) and we hope you see us as admins for all servers.

On the other hand, I have recycled some rules from other servers that seem conventional to the unusual trade community, and have implemented bulletins within visual areas for temporary use to prevent something drastic from happening during the drafting process. As of yet, they only apply to Boxing and Spy-Crabbing (Not trying to assume authority, I just do not want something bad to happen).

ai.imgur.com_zcNtSnv.thumb.jpg.3ccd5252bd8371ac9656555112405c37.jpg

"That would mean Vector will have his hands full if our server takes root and generates a lot of traffic."

I guess we don't exist @TwoZeroFour @Barmithian @BonfireCentipede

Edit: Honestly, it's kind of disrespectful that you act as if we (the others admins) don't have the same leverage. We pop trade servers (sorry if it's not TGH, but nonetheless we pop our other trade servers) and we hope you see us as admins for all servers.

I meant no disrespect, so please don't take it that way. I just used Vector as the prime example, as he is the TF2 lead.

I'm not saying other Admins can't middleman, I'm just saying he would most likely be the first in line.

Sorry to the other Admins for not specifically mentioning you. All I was trying to get at was whether or not the Admins wanted sole responsibility of MM the crabs, or if they felt Mods could also help in this aspect. That's all. =D

:'( NO ONE NOTICES MY SWEET ADMIN SKILLS. - everyone else

but onto the evaluation, saying buying quicksell unusuals automatically makes you a faggot. so i agree. however i think people should be able to say "i'm quickselling my unusual blah blah for 20 keys instead of 30"

i don't think we need RTD. we have noclip as a donator plugin so im kind of worried about that

admins should only be middlemen unless the person who wants to be the middleman is accepted by another admin.

admins should only be middlemen unless the person who wants to be the middleman is accepted by another admin.

So basically, Admins only for Middlemen, unless an Admin vouches for the credibility of a Middleman? I think I like this idea. If said Middleman skips out on a crab, then it would be the Admin's head. That works.

:cry: NO ONE NOTICES MY SWEET ADMIN SKILLS. - everyone else

Hue.