AegeanOld

Why xg is not the same as it was, and ways to bring back oldxg. (serious)

I agree with SOME things that OP said, mainly about teamspeak segregation and some people not caring, but I feel like our higher ups in tf2 really put efforts in to better the division. @John_Madden and @kbraszzz have started multiple "pop this server" nights and didn't just sit around when our plugins broke after an update. @Nomulous has created multiple servers and coded many different things based on what we voted for on the forums. We have also been trying to recruit people from our less popular servers. Anyways, xG is not as good as it has been right now, but that doesn't mean everything is bad

I agree with SOME things that OP said, mainly about teamspeak segregation and some people not caring, but I feel like our higher ups in tf2 really put efforts in to better the division. @John_Madden and @kbraszzz have started multiple "pop this server" nights and didn't just sit around when our plugins broke after an update. @Nomulous has created multiple servers and coded many different things based on what we voted for on the forums. We have also been trying to recruit people from our less popular servers. Anyways, xG is not as good as it has been right now, but that doesn't mean everything is bad

One issue that I've noticed with TF2 is people finding this website difficult to navigate. So silence and I are working on fixing small things for guests of the site to figure out how to sign up. Though on top of that, the current rule of 10+ vouches to be accepted into xG is difficult too, a brand new player might like our servers and want to sign up, but people won't have enough friends to get accepted. Due to this, they are more inclined to join a public tagged clan to feel included to them. For this issue I haven't figured out how to fix it, since we've ran on the vouch system since forever

One issue that I've noticed with TF2 is people finding this website difficult to navigate. So silence and I are working on fixing small things for guests of the site to figure out how to sign up. Though on top of that, the current rule of 10+ vouches to be accepted into xG is difficult too, a brand new player might like our servers and want to sign up, but people won't have enough friends to get accepted. Due to this, they are more inclined to join a public tagged clan to feel included to them. For this issue I haven't figured out how to fix it, since we've ran on the vouch system since forever

What if we had a probation period? They were a probation member and would "graduate" to a full-fledged member either by vouches or a higher up "promo". If they were deemed unfit they'd be removed as probation member and would be able to re-try after a certain time.

What if we had a probation period? They were a probation member and would "graduate" to a full-fledged member either by vouches or a higher up "promo". If they were deemed unfit they'd be removed as probation member and would be able to re-try after a certain time.

That would be useful, but keeping track of who applied to use it and who got promoted would be difficult. Possibly they have to make a thread that they want to be part of xG, but we used to ban people who used the tag without getting accept or applied

That would be useful, but keeping track of who applied to use it and who got promoted would be difficult. Possibly they have to make a thread that they want to be part of xG, but we used to ban people who used the tag without getting accept or applied

They make a thread anyway. When they make a thread DM/DL with post saying "Open to vouches. May wear *probation tags*" Maybe even have a forum tag for it. And then when they get enough or DM/DL accept they do what they usually do.

As for previous bans, we have to learn and grow. Hopefully no one was permed for tags. We'll just explain it's a change in policy.

They make a thread anyway. When they make a thread DM/DL with post saying "Open to vouches. May wear *probation tags*" Maybe even have a forum tag for it. And then when they get enough or DM/DL accept they do what they usually do.

As for previous bans, we have to learn and grow. Hopefully no one was permed for tags. We'll just explain it's a change in policy.

Well when a member is accepted, they're usually changed from "guest" to "member", so that's there. We can discuss about it, I was thinking about it but it's difficult to come up with a solution whilst keeping us a mature clan.

Well when a member is accepted, they're usually changed from "guest" to "member", so that's there. We can discuss about it, I was thinking about it but it's difficult to come up with a solution whilst keeping us a mature clan.

I don't understand your usage of "mature clan". But I hope you're able to make something work.

I don't understand your usage of "mature clan". But I hope you're able to make something work.

Such as, we accept people who are mature and you see, the vouches you get you need to reply on their maturity. If we have reckless people who bring us a bad name, could ruin the xG name.

Such as, we accept people who are mature and you see, the vouches you get you need to reply on their maturity. If we have reckless people who bring us a bad name, could ruin the xG name.

Ah. But we are more in need of members than anything else. Right now, xG doesn't have much of a name period. The only people that really apply are those that really want to join. And if they are being immature they will get -1s and denied and made to take tags off.

Ah. But we are more in need of members than anything else. Right now, xG doesn't have much of a name period. The only people that really apply are those that really want to join. And if they are being immature they will get -1s and denied and made to take tags off.

I'll discuss this with silence.

Why are all the new people who were nowhere near old xg times telling us how to get back to it? I get it no segregation blah blah blah. but you guys are speaking as if you know how it was back in the time of aegean when you weren't there at all.

The number 1 thing we need to do is have members populate the servers, you guys are on the forums all the time, and shitposting everywhere, but you expect the staff to all populate the server and dont want to do it yourself. there is a boat load of you tf2 guys here, and a lot of you were in teamspeak/shoutbox/recent posts yesterday. but the tf2 servers had a total of 16 people across all the servers. 7 was the peak on pokemon trade.

Everyone needs to just play the damn servers. invite friends, and have a good time, not be such dicks to eachother, and not try to get everyone banned over 1 freekill or a few bm comments.