AegeanOld

Why xg is not the same as it was, and ways to bring back oldxg. (serious)

Just putting it out there, no css current or old as of 3-4 promo demos STARTED to try populating servers. No I didnt start populating servers as of recent either. I also never claimed I did. Nor did I ever say I was active. I'm not being a hypocrite. Im being honest and going off of facts. Yes I'm calling you and every other staff member of Css out. And all the people that posted in that thread saying keep css. I may be beating a dead horse with this, but when I quoted megarobin saying "if it works I'll start populating jailbreak" it very well applies to everyone. The people I have seen try populating are people like bonk and other randoms. I say randoms as in people not staff. They join the server first. They stick around til it is only them left. They invite people off their friends list. While you say you actively populate (you being all staff and people in the threads, forest included) if anyone checks sourcebans they can see you joining much after population is established. Leaving before everyone else, or jump on the server and see you in spec the whole 30-45 minutes spent on the server. That's not dedication. That's trying to avoid an inactivity demotion by saying logs have you on the server.

Sorry if it sounds like I am singling you out, but you're not the only person I am calling out in this post cookie.

Again still on phone. Leaving school and putting a more detailed response soon.

Just putting it out there, no css current or old as of 3-4 promo demos STARTED to try populating servers. No I didnt start populating servers as of recent either. I also never claimed I did. Nor did I ever say I was active. I'm not being a hypocrite. Im being honest and going off of facts. Yes I'm calling you and every other staff member of Css out. And all the people that posted in that thread saying keep css. I may be beating a dead horse with this, but when I quoted megarobin saying "if it works I'll start populating jailbreak" it very well applies to everyone. The people I have seen try populating are people like bonk and other randoms. I say randoms as in people not staff. They join the server first. They stick around til it is only them left. They invite people off their friends list. While you say you actively populate (you being all staff and people in the threads, forest included) if anyone checks sourcebans they can see you joining much after population is established. Leaving before everyone else, or jump on the server and see you in spec the whole 30-45 minutes spent on the server. That's not dedication. That's trying to avoid an inactivity demotion by saying logs have you on the server.

Sorry if it sounds like I am singling you out, but you're not the only person I am calling out in this post cookie.

Again still on phone. Leaving school and putting a more detailed response soon.

A: I'm no longer staff. I have not been staff for a month. And before that I was without my computer for 3 months so there was 0 ways to play. I started playing again the minute I was back to school like I promised.

B: I do get on before other people do. Sometimes it doesn't work. Sometimes I come home to find people already on. Sometimes I get an invite. It doesn't negate the fact that I do try and populate the servers. And as for this:

Leaving before everyone else.
I didn't realize there was a requirement of being on the whole time after the server is populated. I do believe I just stated I have a life. For example, I have a couple hours between classes so sometimes I get on and get to play but then I have to leave for CLASS.

C: I wasn't singling you out with the hypocrite comment. Sorry if it seemed like that. Your comment simply reminded me of people I had seen on server after population had started complaining about people never populating.

I've said this before, i just wish the mods and admins would act like principals and not dictators. a principal calls you in to tell you what you did wrong and lets you off with a warning or detention. a dictator calls you in to tell you what you did wrong, then proceeds to make fun of you and pester you and gets the whole server to join along to pester this person. i understand that a person did something wrong, but don't go to far with it just tell them what they did wrong. it really turns people off when there are rude admins and mods, and go off and tell people why this server is bad thus not populating it. (inb4 vector post screenshot of something i said)

I've said this before, i just wish the mods and admins would act like principals and not dictators. a principal calls you in to tell you what you did wrong and lets you off with a warning or detention. a dictator calls you in to tell you what you did wrong, then proceeds to make fun of you and pester you and gets the whole server to join along to pester this person. i understand that a person did something wrong, but don't go to far with it just tell them what they did wrong. it really turns people off when there are rude admins and mods, and go off and tell people why this server is bad thus not populating it. (inb4 vector post screenshot of something i said)

nothing to see here, just a person who impersonates an admin twice and proceeds to say he can be rude to people but i can't cause i'm staff.

well, to be fair i was singling you out, as you are me, i hope you don't take offense to this, as it was more to present a broad example since the same things are done that I and others have witnessed by a large portion.

But to clear this up before a shit storm ensues further, what I am saying using that as an example is how there is an eerie drizzle of dedication in that several people have great ideas that may "save" css and in turn potentially turn the whole community in the right direction, but at this point, unless that drizzle gets more legitimate dedication and people actually trying to get it to what it has to be (a downpour) then it will not and will never work.

basically until the real dedication starts (more than a handful of people actually inviting and playing to populate) there will be no real population, only these short bursts of 10-15 people. we could get more variety of people for 10 mans than we can jailbreak players.

While you say you actively populate (you being all staff and people in the threads, forest included) if anyone checks sourcebans they can see you joining much after population is established.

Nigguh fug you, I never said I've actively populated recently; only that I support the idea of it along with providing ways in which to establish said population. Only time I did was about a week ago when it was absolutely empty and it was just me and @DeathGod, but he was being a scrub by not using his mic. Eventually got up to around 20+ people, it was a good time.

If I had the free time, I would be on that shit like mold on a shower curtain, much like I was back in the day. Mind you, back in the day I was just finishing High School so I had a lot of free time. Unfortunately, after that, life became a bitch and my activity in xG suffered.

yeah thats the reason I left. I was 100% dedicated, I did everything I could to make the TF2 gaming history servers a success. I helped everything as best I could with server rules and/or how to register on the site and apply to join. I even spent time writing up rules and guides for the new trade servers. But the leaders thought none of that mattered because I got angry once or twice so I'm not worthy of a mod despite all I did.

How about this: We get members to populate more than 1 div. Just because you are in the TF2 Div (or any division), doesn't mean you can't go to others. I know I'm being an hypocrite as I've said get back in your own division before, but this could boost population and bring our community together. The different divisions may have different people with better or worse personalities, but try it out. I occasionally go on CSS and Minecraft and it is quite fun.

How about this: We get members to populate more than 1 div. Just because you are in the TF2 Div (or any division), doesn't mean you can't go to others. I know I'm being an hypocrite as I've said get back in your own division before, but this could boost population and bring our community together. The servers may have different people with better or worse personalities, but try it out. I occasionally go on CSS and Minecraft and it is quite fun.

The only problem is... lets face reality here. No one wants to go to another div and play unless they know it. There are so many things for Re Populating yet I doubt most of it will come from people playing in diff. divs but their own. I try and play other divs but alot are abandoned which just is like "Ehh maybe later when it's populated" there are the rare amount of people who go to other divs and invite all people from around xG to them to get them populated... but most of the time that doesn't happen... not sure how it was in the Glory Days but now it's really stay in your own div just like how there is a fence between Mexico and the US there is a fence between divs and somehow people can manage to climb them and play on another div but don't take the risk.

I agree with the teamspeak segregation. Whatever happened to rooms filled with upwards of 20 people in it, each playing different games? Some of the funniest shit happened in those channels.

On a more serious note, xG will never be the same as it was, that much is obvious. What really made xG was the community, the people. After those people left, we were stuck with a slightly above average JB server. xG was a fire. The people who made JB fun were the spark, once we lost that spark all that was left were a few logs and some tinder. We can improve server plugins as much as we want, if nobody likes the people there then whats the point?

And here's your Aegean meme of the day, made by @Duke awhile ago.

Hi, let me introduce myself.

I'm Martin Luther Memer.

Let me start off by saying this, ignore OP. He's a sociopath that plays a champion known as "shaco" in a popular game known as "league of legends." With that out of the way, I will introduce my one step plan to resurrect old XenoGamers and replenish it's formal glory!

Kill yourselves.

No, really. Kill yourself.