realBelloWaldi

Regarding the staff of tf2 // update the admin handbook.

Hello! Regarding at the recent bans we need an actual admin handbook.

Seeing someone banning like 5 people permanently from our servers for micspamming and trolling and seeing someone banning someone for a day because the user had a bad mic makes me cringe..

Someone banning someone for a week for "micspam and bm" seems very unfair to me..

So we need kind of clarification.

- Micspammers, since we have "universal rules" Admin Handbook | Xeno Gamers I am assuming that they're also applying for TF2.

If a mic spammer joins the server and will not stop after a warning, you must mute and then kick him if he does it again. If he rejoins and continues to do this, that is a bannable offence. An admin must ban him for 240 minutes exactly. Anything above or below is breaking the rules

I've also seen mods/admins banning people without a 5min/1hour ban. That's why I asked

Aren't you supposed to ban people for five minutes/an hour anymore?

@Vector replied:

not if they break multiple rules in the process

So my question is: How are (new) mods supposed to know that? I mean our current Admin-Handbook isn't really helpful.

Next thing is, even though it isn't really a big deal, but

If someone has an inappropriate spray, tell them to change it. If they don't change it after that, kick them. If they refuse to change it, it is a bannable offence for 5 minutes exactly. If they come back and still have not changed the spray, you must ban for 1440 minutes. Anything above or below is breaking the rules.
Well, that's apprently new to our current staff members.

That's it for now. I am also going to state my opinion on this: Nappaclausbloody9 - team fortress 2 | Page 2 | Xeno Gamers

He has been banned for a day for having a terrible mic and being disrespectful. Hey! You muted him and after that he is being disrespectful through the chat? There is a /silence command! Don't be afraid to use it..

TL;DR I'm kinda not agreeing with some bans. Update the admin handbook

Inb4 vector is going to call me retarded.

Tagging people: @FoRgE @metalslug53 @Bach @kbraszzz @DrLee

act_fra.bz_ol_fz_sw_i38_2_8_1_frabz_Let_the_shit_storm_begin_690180.jpg.069df31ba42518e216eb5e71537adbc9.jpg

We have an admin handbook, and I don't think we need a new one. I personally banned because he avoided mute and was being super rude to EVERY person on the server, cursing at everyone and such. You don't know about the bans and we have character limits on the bans, so I couldn't go too into detail.

Our current handbook is fine, however, an updated one, I'd agree, would be nice. However, I think you taking shots at "unfair bans" was very unnecessary. The majority of our mods/admins do know what they're doing.

Higher ups pls save us: @Rhododendron @Nomulous @Bach @kbraszzz

FYI, I had warned the guy with the mic A LOT of times, muting him multiple times. If he has a bad mic that's disturbing the server, whats the problem?

In terms of the perms, I myself changed them. If a large group all comes in with a similar motive of being disrespectful and obnoxious and trying to "troll" the server, then I will gladly solve the problem. So far I have not heard from any of them about an "unjust ban" so I rest my case there. As for admin handbook, I wouldn't mind if we did update it a little. It does seem sort of old considering the state of everything as of late.

Sorry it took me so long to respond.

I was flagged a few nights ago by one of our regulars saying that there was intense mic spamming going on in the Pokemon server. I logged in and joined the server to find 8 individuals, all with similar names and avatars, spamming the everloving hell out of the server. There was all sorts of nonsense, including the "FUCK HER RIGHT IN THE PUSSY" guy, some sort of satanic chanting, audio from one of Hitler's speeches, as well with a lot of other stuff. There was no mod on at the time other than myself.

Using /csay, I broadcasted to the server that this was their one and only warning to stop the spam or they would face a ban. This was obviously a group of trolls, but I felt it would be good to cover my bases and give at least one warning. When none of them ceased the spam, I proceeded to individually ban each member involved for a period of one week.

I feel the ban was justified. I gave a warning before initiating the ban of these obvious trolls. Later, when I spoke about these bannings with Bach and Kbraszzz in Teamspeak, I explained exactly what had happened to both of them, then Bach decided to lengthen the ban to Permanent.

I never initiated the Permanent Bans. I initiated week bans for what I thought was an intentional break of our rules. I tread VERY carefully when I hand out bans and only use them as a last resort, but I feel that the nature of the situation, kicking would have been ineffective.

As for the actual Admin Handbook, I feel that the /ban command is not being abused in any way here. Every scenario is different. Do I think that it could use a bit of updating? Sure. Things could be regulated a bit better and explained in further detail, but the /ban command is ours to use TO REGULATE SERVERS AND KEEP PEACE. That's exactly what I did by banning those 8 individuals for the excessive mic spam. I stand by my actions and can honestly say that a 5 minute ban would have just invited them back in to wreak havoc after the minuscule ban was over.

I act accordingly. I don't overreact. I think with a level-head and only act when absolutely necessary. But I won't apologize for it, and it definitely isn't "cringy".

But the Pokemon scenario was an exception. Usually, my process goes:

Verbal/Typed Warning -> Kick -> Short Ban -> Long Ban

Length of bans all depend on the offense. I rarely initiate anything longer than a day. When I do, it's because someone isn't being reasonable.

EXPLANATION OVER.

I mean, since I kind of feel like I'm on blast for something, here's a link to ALL of my bans:

Xeno Gamers

I have less than 30 bans on record, all except for 10 of them are a day or less. 8 of those 10 are the individuals who mic-bombed Pokemon that evening. As I said before, I act accordingly when there is an issue, never impulsively.