Ohstopyou

Our Tf2 Servers Require A Sm Update.

@kbraszzz @Nomulous

Earlier today I was on Saxton Hale, Slender Fortress, and Jailbreak. I noticed that tons of stuff is now broken, or crashing, and it's getting to the point where it's nearly unplayable. If this keeps up, we are going to damage our population for servers that we are actually trying to bring people to (i.e. Slender Fortress).

Problem Servers:

Slender Fortress:

Crashes constantly whenever someone joins a team. Other plugins may be broken.

Saxton Hale:

Sometimes crashes on maps, plugins break often.

Jailbreak #1:

LCT Plugin - dead

Give Crits - dead

Boosthealth - dead

Random ping spikes where people are dropped from the server.

The Fix:

We are using an EXTREMELY old development build of Sourcemod, it's easily 20-25 versions old. All we have to do is update to the lastest STABLE build "1.7.1-git5181", reinstall the updater plugin (so the actual updater plugin is at its latest version), and then allow all of the plugins to update themselves.

I know that I am not good at coding, but from personal experience of working with TF2 servers, this usually resolves a majority of the issues. Since no one is saying anything to the higher ups about this, I figured I should bring it to the attention of them.

Other plugins to consider fixing/updating:

Ban Disconnected Players - on page nine of the sm forums, there is an update.

Slenderfortress plugin - if there is an update

cURL extension/SteamTools extension

I'll post more here if any pop into my head.

The ping spikes lagged a good 20 people out of the game and the servers (all of them) crashed a good 4 times in a row as well. We should not sit on our ass and wait for it to completely destroy us then fix it. Fix it now or else it could get REALLY FUCKING BAD.

I'll get on it once I'm home. Or @kbraszzz can do it from NFO panel or @Rhododendron might be able to. I'm out of the house for Easter

I wouldn't use the stuff that the actual host provides, as every host I have ever used is always behind. Download it directly from SourceMod: Half-Life 2 Scripting This allows you to skip what files you don't want to overwrite, aka the configs, which wouldn't need to change.

Ban disconnected player has been fixed for some time.

And tf2items is causing most of the issues that involve items such as Last CT.

The gamedata is outdated with the current setup, which would cause issues with the tf2items. SM needs an update so the gamedata is updated.

Also, ban disconnected doesn't work on every server. Some of our older ones, that are less populated, it still doesn't work.

This week I am going to startup our updater database, that will have all popular plugins update automatically. This will be done so we don't have to go on every server and update it every time, and I'll even customize the addons to use [xG] prefixes so it will make the server look sexier.

I need a list of plugins that should go on this repo.

Also I might do a course (lol) on how to debug server errors and crashes. Tell me if that would be useful and I'll write up a guide or go on Teamspeak and help you guys live.

Just finished setting up the basic updater repo, sourcebans and store are added but not the custom plugins within it.

TF2Items updated and steamtools replaced with SteamWorks and all natives of steamtools are forwarded to SteamWorks.

@kbraszzz @Nomulous

Earlier today I was on Saxton Hale, Slender Fortress, and Jailbreak. I noticed that tons of stuff is now broken, or crashing, and it's getting to the point where it's nearly unplayable. If this keeps up, we are going to damage our population for servers that we are actually trying to bring people to (i.e. Slender Fortress).

Problem Servers:

Slender Fortress:

Crashes constantly whenever someone joins a team. Other plugins may be broken.

Saxton Hale:

Sometimes crashes on maps, plugins break often.

Jailbreak #1:

LCT Plugin - dead

Give Crits - dead

Boosthealth - dead

Random ping spikes where people are dropped from the server.

The Fix:

We are using an EXTREMELY old development build of Sourcemod, it's easily 20-25 versions old. All we have to do is update to the lastest STABLE build "1.7.1-git5181", reinstall the updater plugin (so the actual updater plugin is at its latest version), and then allow all of the plugins to update themselves.

I know that I am not good at coding, but from personal experience of working with TF2 servers, this usually resolves a majority of the issues. Since no one is saying anything to the higher ups about this, I figured I should bring it to the attention of them.

Other plugins to consider fixing/updating:

Ban Disconnected Players - on page nine of the sm forums, there is an update.

Slenderfortress plugin - if there is an update

cURL extension/SteamTools extension

I'll post more here if any pop into my head.

Also the updater plugin only works if the dev uses it. The majority of plugins don't use it. I've added steamworks and tf2items to our repo so they update from now on.