Matsi

Holy Chaotic Hell... Ff2

Well, superjump and wall climb was broken as FUCK. Not to mention people were abusing it to glitch maps, so I made a deal with everyone. Grapples instead of superjump and wall climb c:

Well, superjump and wall climb was broken as frick. Not to mention people were abusing it to glitch maps, so I made a deal with everyone. Grapples instead of superjump and wall climb c:

cause they totally aren't abusing the fuck out of the grappling....

It's like a really bad spiderman game now...

It's not really that necessary for reds to be able to grapple their way to anywhere or climb walls or super jump.

I'd say just remove it and stop giving reds more power ups.

I mean, most other ff2 servers and saxton hale servers don't even have any power ups for reds like we have in /shop or whatever and people are usually happy with it.

If you can give it a cooldown or something that would be decent... but right now you can just infinately grapply yourself to the top of the map/buildings.... not to mention fly across the map if hale gets near you....

like a 30 second CD or a charge time would make this far less shitty

tf_grapplinghook_enable 1

tf_grapplinghook_max_distance 500

tf_grapplinghook_prevent_fall_damage 0

tf_grapplinghook_move_speed 400

tf_grapplinghook_jump_up_speed 0

tf_grapplinghook_fire_delay 1

Explanation:

Grapples enabled

Max distance is smaller (down from 4000 units)

You take fall damage still

Speed is down from 750, so you don't move extremely fast through the air while grappling

You cannot fling yourself anymore

I believe there is a 60 second delay between grapples, maybe less. We'll see.

Honestly, Hale was still winning when we played last night. The grapples are fun as hell and add something new and exciting to it. I personally think keep it. Cause no one was complaining. Other than having to ban a couple scouts exploiting with it yesterday.

Honestly, Hale was still winning when we played last night. The grapples are fun as hell and add something new and exciting to it. I personally think keep it. Cause no one was complaining. Other than having to ban a couple scouts exploiting with it yesterday.

i'm complaining....

I'm not going to play VSH while that shit is there.... just spent my entire turn as hale chasing people across the map while they graply to a tower and shoot me 5 times while im running over towards them... only to have them grapple away as soon as I get there.... this... times 30 players.... it's the most stupid thing since flyro

Grappling hooks imo completely ruined saxton hale, all people do is sit there and grapple hook around the map and get places people can't get to otherwise, and they don't even attack the hale..all they do is jump around, its getting kind of annoying.

Grappling hooks imo completely ruined saxton hale, all people do is sit there and grapple hook around the map and get places people can't get to otherwise, and they don't even attack the hale..all they do is jump around, its getting kind of annoying.

INB4 Spiderman version of Surf mod.....