Blizzard

Important Steam Expoit.

As of lately there has been a new exploit that arises through hijacking accounts in general. The exploit itself includes a more technical way of hijacking through sound files. Just wanted to warn everyone so they don't end up losing items. (This exploit can be done on basically any server that isn't valve if I believe)

Source 2013 MP Base file upload and execution exploit • /r/Steam

I wouldn't recommend playing any of the following games that are included in the link and valve being valve they would fix this in under 24 hours.

@NitNat @Ohstopyou @Rejects @Nomulous @kbraszzz

I thought this didn't affect TF2.

It affects Team Fortress Classic which is a separate game from TF2 but uses same mechanics (I could be wrong)

Thanks for deleting my post, cause it was totally breaking rules... LOL

you guys are so fucking gullable.... like OMG SHUT OFF EVERYTHING CAUSE WERE ALL GONNA GET HACKED

LOLOL someone's going to steal my hats with a spray.... good luck. Try enabling steam guard and stop being stupid enough to login to "free stuff" links :)

It only works on older source games only or game using an older source mp engine. tf2, csgo, and dota 2 were patched so it cant affect them.

It only works on older source games only or game using an older source mp engine. tf2, csgo, and dota 2 were patched so it cant affect them.

Better you figured that out late, than never.... and maybe now you see why I've been laughing so hard at this :)

Better you figured that out late, than never.... and maybe now you see why I've been laughing so hard at this :)

Valve News Network said for safety precautions you should still be aware that this may still be possible in TF2. Better safe than sorry.

Valve News Network said for safety precautions you should still be aware that this may still be possible in TF2. Better safe than sorry.

ooooo some youtuber that has absolutely NO authority or knowledge of a valve dev says to do something, we probally should listen to them! /s

ooooo some youtuber that has absolutely NO authority or knowledge of a valve dev says to do something, we probally should listen to them! /s

He is just warning us about the exploit, you never know what can happen. They can say it is in 4 games but then 5 other games end up being effected as well. Again, better safe then sorry

No need to be an ass about it

VNN tends to exaggerate a lot of the news he posts.

Woah, you might want to turn down the sass.

He clearly does know something otherwise he couldn't have made a video about it There are multiple threads that come up when you search this bug too.

Plus you're saying he knows nothing when here you are making a butt of yourself and saying that steam guard will help you. It's a virus, it may not just attack steam you know.

VNN tends to exaggerate a lot of the news he posts.

Still, my point stands that it's better safe than sorry.

An official PSA by a steam SPOKESPERSON was made. Its a virus. It isn't as easy to stop as a phishing site, as you DON'T know your downloading malicious files.

Lets say a CSS jb server had the infected files. When you join, the files are downloaded to your computer because your computer thinks its downloading custom spray files (or files like that.) The files are totally masked under other custom files.

He is just warning us about the exploit, you never know what can happen. They can say it is in 4 games but then 5 other games end up being effected as well. Again, better safe then sorry

No need to be an butt about it

Woah, you might want to turn down the sass.

He clearly does know something otherwise he couldn't have made a video about it There are multiple threads that come up when you search this bug too.

Plus you're saying he knows nothing when here you are making a butt of yourself and saying that steam guard will help you. It's a virus, it may not just attack steam you know.

Still, my point stands that it's better safe than sorry.

LOL better safe than sorry, might want to uninstall every program you have on your computer because any one of them MIGHT be exploitable....gg

It's specific to out of date games that run on source 2013.... which means that things that DO NOT run source 2013, like TF2 and CS:GO.... aren't affected....

Do you know how many times I've had any account compromised or stolen or hacked.... none.... and I have never had a serious virus or malware on my computer, plus I have AV that scans daily... even on my phone and tablet...

Anyways, I'm not saying the guy knows nothing... I am saying that I usually don't listen to random youtubers for my security advice... and my steam account will notify me and require me to authorize any new IPs that even try to login to steam both via the client and the website.... there no way anything can steal my hats... :)

Damn @Matsi why the sass level. Some games got an exploit found out, some of the games members play. Why the fuck can't they make a thread and be on the lookout. Not really seeing a cause effect relationship for the salt, this whole thread just reads as people letting eachother know about an exploit, and then you coming in out of nowhere screaming about how big your E-dick is for never being hacked. And how everyone else is retarded for discussing an exploit that wouldn't have affected them if they were as diligent as matsi. Seriously dude, calm down, it's irrelevant. Nobody cares.

LOL better safe than sorry, might want to uninstall every program you have on your computer because any one of them MIGHT be exploitable....gg

It's specific to out of date games that run on source 2013.... which means that things that DO NOT run source 2013, like TF2 and CS:GO.... aren't affected....

Do you know how many times I've had any account compromised or stolen or hacked.... none.... and I have never had a serious virus or malware on my computer, plus I have AV that scans daily... even on my phone and tablet...

Anyways, I'm not saying the guy knows nothing... I am saying that I usually don't listen to random youtubers for my security advice... and my steam account will notify me and require me to authorize any new IPs that even try to login to steam both via the client and the website.... there no way anything can steal my hats... :)

My god, you're over-reacting. Stop acting so childish maan.

Just because you don't have a problem doesn't mean no one else does. And who knows, maybe you will get hacked from this issue, which would be the most ironic thing I'd ever seen.

As I said, better safe than sorry. If some "random youtuber" and "random person who works for valve (?)" doesn't know much about the issue, it's better to act once they've reported the problem by protecting your computer.